IGNORED

Retox Sports Bar and Hotel on Soi Lengkee

Retox Sports Bar and Hotel

You try working 10 hours a day for 20 odd days straight for 10-12 k while the mongers bitch about runny eggs, burnt toast, etc, and see how much you smile!

In Retox, most of the staff have worked with Simon for a long time. The longer they stay, the worse their attitudes. Even the new ones slowly go down the tubes. Some employees, in general, feel so secure (that they won't get sacked) and have made money for so long at their place of work that they start to feel like they own the boss and not the other way around. 

If I have even the slightest problem with a foreign owned business, I never discuss anything with the staff. I go right up the chain of command to manager or owner, if possible. The result is always a complementary of something. That's not my goal. My goal is to be the eyes and ears for the owner. I once had a little problem at Dairy Queen in Pattaya. I gave some feedback to their head office and they rushed to sort it out and reward me with gift certificates. Again, not my goal but I wouldn't refuse them and the branch is still my regular. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You try working 10 hours a day for 20 odd days straight for 10-12 k while the mongers bitch about runny eggs, burnt toast, etc, and see how much you smile!

haha so true

it might attract moaners with the 99 baht breakie as well

regardless i always recommend to girls they work there if they want to snag themselves a bf as there's so many customers in and out

Hi Simon noticed you are offline again, with 2 weeks till I am back I love to view the bar (keeps me sane), please restore the link. Is it true you and your partners are re-vamping Rosco's in Soi Diana?

Who works 10 hours a day in Thailand hahaha, they are sleeping most of the time !

Good place for lunch methinks cause I can waddle across the road to de la poste or whatever it's called :WhoSaw1:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

was in there last week pretty much every day - staff were always ALWAYS smiling and very nice to me, absolute best place and great service each time I went

cant beat it at all

Cameras back in operation, sanity restored, roll on two weeks time.

Who works 10 hours a day in Thailand hahaha, they are sleeping most of the time !

Can we bring the girls home ?

I'm sure they'd love to go back to your room with you so they can catch up on their sleep, coz they sure as hell don't get the chance there as they're so busy most of the time.

new retox mark 2 in soi honey, the old roscos closed for transformation work

april 28 011 (Custom).JPG

new retox mark 2 in soi honey, the old roscos closed for transformation work

attachicon.gifapril 28 011 (Custom).JPG

Just a bar or guesthouse too?

................................................................................................................

I'm keen to know this too. Location is terrific.

Met some great people in Retox for the night of the Grand National and Joshua Fight.

Who the fuck would complain about that breakfast, at 99baht it was pretty good indeed

i only take the pics !

but i understand that is the retox 2 location in soi honey and i would have thought it must have rooms upstairs.

if u enter soi honey from second rd it comes up almost immediately on the left

i only take the pics !

History says at times you're privy to certain sensitive information too 55

................................................................................................................

History says at times you're privy to certain sensitive information too 55

sometimes but i don't know the retox owners from a bar of soap !

I stayed at Retox earlier this month.  Some highlights:

-very good room AC plus the room would stay cool enough all day while i was out

-very helpful staff.  I had arranged an airport cab through another source and it didn't show up at 0230 in the morning.  Girls in the bar found an alternate and I reached BKK in time.  Very much appreciated!

No downsides for me, I'll be back.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Which room was that ? I'm thinking of staying there too, was it a balcony room ?

I stayed at Retox earlier this month.  Some highlights:

-very good room AC plus the room would stay cool enough all day while i was out

-very helpful staff.  I had arranged an airport cab through another source and it didn't show up at 0230 in the morning.  Girls in the bar found an alternate and I reached BKK in time.  Very much appreciated!

No downsides for me, I'll be back.

Room #2, small balcony overlooking Soi Lengkee.

The rooms are on which floor?, not a fan of drunken climb up the stairs :(

The rooms are on which floor?, not a fan of drunken climb up the stairs :(

Well, the floor number depends on what country you are from but it is the second level above the bar.  I don't worry about the stairs but when you come down watch out for the darts!

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Arrive 4/6/16 for a few weeks with me golfing buddies will definately drop in

Good luck

Retox 2, the old Roscos is gonna go air-con.

took this yesterday as work continues

may 6 011 (Custom).JPG

sign had appeared by today................."Retox............Game On"

Archived