IGNORED

Retox Sports Bar and Hotel on Soi Lengkee

Retox Sports Bar and Hotel

These so called "sports" bars, filled with smoke, are an oxymoron.  Btw, it's my understanding that Retox requires a deposit when staying there.  That would be a deal breaker for me.

Smoke and loud company good for some others will pass .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry; old or new retox ? but maybe they smoke inside both ? I cannot stand it also, do you have good addresses where they do not smoke inside ? Thanks.

Players Bar Soi Baukow.

You go into a new place & you get a general 'feel' about it and the clientele.

TBH, the main thing that struck me was the amount of smoking in an enclosed bar. I really HATE smoking (and it's not a word I use that often) so that in itself would stop me going there again.

I got the impression it was something of a 'local' for a certain group of expats. A lot of them may be fine, but the bits of conversation I picked up from some gave the impression they weren't too fussy how they made their money. I guess in the UK they may be considered 'wide boys'. I'm not really one for spending a lot of time mixing with groups of expats in any case.

I may be being unfair :-) & I was joking to a certain extent.

As I said, the smoking was enough to stop me going there again anyway. Just not my type of place.

Unfortunately, the same can be said of the new Retox. I'm just not going to sit in an enclosed bar surrounded by smokers when I'm having a drink - however good the selection of beers or TV screens. I'm certainly not going to eat in that atmosphere - even if the food is served in the back section. It's the reason I rarely went to pubs in the UK before the smoking ban - always needed a shower & change of clothes afterwards.

They'll obviously have plenty of customers without me anyway.

I never go and eat in a place that allows smoking, and try my best to drink in non smoking venues as well. Good post!

• 2 weeks later...

Is thete use of a swimming pool anywhere near . Frequented here a lot in april especially for the breakfasts

Probably closest one is at 247 Botique hotel further in At soi 11, just after honey body massage.

Think poolacess is 150bht if u aint staying at the hotel.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Players Bar Soi Baukow

Players Bar is allowing smoking inside, at least it was the 3 last time I went, I don't go anymore now, for this reason, and for the extreme loud music in the afternoon, even when the customers ( elderly like my myself ) are asking to reduce the volume and are ignored, so we all left.

Probably closest one is at 247 Botique hotel further in At soi 11, just after honey body massage.

That's quite a distance from Retox on Soi Lengkee.

A couple of hotels on Soi Lengkee with pools are Vogue hotel and Opey de Place. You would need to check what the casual fee is, if they permit outside guests.

Is there use of a pool near ? For guests stopping at the bar ?

A couple of places on lengkee,will for a fee ,let you use their pool,as mentioned above,also LK Metropole  short walk to Diana,

Is there use of a pool near ? For guests stopping at the bar ?

Opey De Place 100 baht they give you a towel too good pool

Opey De Place 100 baht they give you a towel too good pool

Closes quite early, or used to, but I agree it's a nice pool.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Opey colour code guest swimmers so you can easily be spotted in the pool.

players bar is now closed [was on sun]

Players Club Bar?

maybe that's a new one. I have stayed at opey on a few different occasions, and have had friends come enjoy the pool in the afternoon , no problem.

Colour coding? Never seen anyone checking anyone anything at any pool in Thailand.

maybe that's a new one. I have stayed at opey on a few different occasions, and have had friends come enjoy the pool in the afternoon , no problem.

Colour coding? Never seen anyone checking anyone anything at any pool in Thailand.

Yes, guest swimmers are required to submit to fluorescent orange all over body paint. At least later in the bar you can blame it on a bad suntan.

Wee bit slow eh?

yes that one went over my head, I was thinking of ( or wasn't thinking) of something else.

Archived