IGNORED

Agoda "Secret Deals" ?

when booking hotel use a VPN from a poor country you'll get better prices on the same websites too fyi

you used to be able to book flights via expedia ireland site and get cheaper flights or even Brazil sites as they have laws saying they wont get fuel surcharges (when they were a big thing) and often knocked off a few hundred on tickets

Wow, I'd never thought of that. Is it still a valid tactic for flight deals? Or just hotels?

It might be "secret" woo-hoo, but is it actually a good deal.

If you must, book one night to expose the hotel and location then book other nights....

Good Idea , except the hotel exposed and booked one night might not be one you wanted at all .aghhh

There are no secret deals. This is all psychology to make people think they are getting somethinig special or secret so they spend money.

Apparently some people think they are 'special' and thus deserving of special deals.

However those in the know know that special has more than one meaning.

I use Agoda for hotels all over the world, even here in the US. Often you can figure out what the secret deal is by noting the number of reviews, the rating and the area. Then look through the other places listed and find the one that matches. The discount is usually not that much. I'm not sure this would be as easy in Pattaya since there are so many Pattaya hotels listed on Agoda. But in some cities elsewhere, Agoda might only have 20 or 30 total.

Archived