IGNORED

Is the Marriott the best choice if you have the budget

tobeornottobe

I stayed in the Marriott during my last stay and it was fantastic, Location is perfect, Oasis type feel to the Pool area even though its so central and the food was great. However I got a great deal and the cost to stay there for me next trip is 3500 baht a night, I can afford it but there are so many hotels available at half this rate that seem almost as good

Areca

Page 10

August Suites

See me spring too

The stay

LK hotels

Are any of these hotels even better than the Marriott?

Depends on what you are looking for. I stayed at Page 10 hotel. Which was fine for my needs. This consists of exercise and sleep in the room it had a safe and a minibarfridge. Safe could hold a laptop np. Big shower and bath. Small balcony with no tables/chairs to sit. Didn't eat in the hotel as eating out was more fun, nor did I use the breakfast. Rooms were decent. Well trained staff. 

If your needs are similar i'd stay away of big brand hotels. Pay to much for the name I think. 

The pools are very small in most of the hotels you mentioned , if you can afford it the Marriott looks streets ahead

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

weigh up your priorities.

then you can really find what you want, its not always about the price you pay.

my favorite place to relax is Le Viman Resort.

privacy next to the action VT6.

Soi 6, QV.

if you staying for a few weeks, mix it up, its easy as pie to move, stay a week in 1place, and a week in another, etc. get the best of everything everywhere.

This is an interesting post ... I have NO information to share ... other than to mention that when we walk down WS, the hotel next to the pier (with the big waterfront buffet) [between Rasputin restaurant and the Russian discos] looks nice, and if you enjoy a view, all rooms face the water.  I have no idea of the name or the price, just seems nice.

I have often wondered what hotel had the best pool in town ... but that should be another thread! 

I stayed in the Marriott during my last stay and it was fantastic, Location is perfect, Oasis type feel to the Pool area even though its so central and the food was great. However I got a great deal and the cost to stay there for me next trip is 3500 baht a night, I can afford it but there are so many hotels available at half this rate that seem almost as good

Areca

Page 10

August suites

See me spring too

The stay

LK hotels

Are any of these hotels even better than the Marriott?

Like you state if you can easily afford it

Stick with the Marriott

Best location of any luxury hotel in central Patts apart from the Hilton

Marriott is also very girl friendly from what I hear! I think the pool alone would make me chose it over the others but agree why not mix it up if staying for more than just a week. If just a week, I would stick with what you like.

Marriott is also very girl friendly from what I hear! I think the pool alone would make me chose it over the others but agree why not mix it up if staying for more than just a week. If just a week, I would stick with what you like.

I'd be keen to know if this is confirmed re being girl friendly? Got a lot of points with Marriott might be a good opp to use them.

Thanks

I'd be keen to know if this is confirmed re being girl friendly? Got a lot of points with Marriott might be a good opp to use them.

Thanks

Yes, they are girl friendly. Stayed there many times. Never had an issue.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

Thats great, thank you for the confirmation. Guest fee applies?

Thats great, thank you for the confirmation. Guest fee applies?

Never been charged a "guest fee". Even taken a LT to breakfast and never been charged for that either.

It's the one you don't hear that gets you, and the one you don't see coming that traps you.

:WinkGrin1:

None you listed are as nice as the Marriot but as others have said it depends on what you like. Areca Lodge fills all my needs and has 2 pools with a good breakfast buffet for 2 thrown in.

This hotel is nice with great central location - but it's still overpriced and outdated building. The rooms on the interior ground level facing the pool are the nicest.  Despite the hotel's age, it is well maintained, clean, fully staffed (friendly, intelligent, responsive, English speaking front desk 24/7), and fully serviced (spa, massage, gym).  This indicates that the hotel's operations and maintenance costs are probably very high.  Still none of the rooms are worth more than 2,500 Baht per night IMHO.  To justify the prices Marriott charge, the hotel needs to be completely gutted and modernized, or torn down and rebuilt completely with the highest standards. 

Thankfully there is a new Courtyard Marriott in Patts but I have not stayed there yet.

This hotel is nice with great central location - but it's still overpriced and outdated building. The rooms on the interior ground level facing the pool are the nicest. Despite the hotel's age, it is well maintained, clean, fully staffed (friendly, intelligent, responsive, English speaking front desk 24/7), and fully serviced (spa, massage, gym). This indicates that the hotel's operations and maintenance costs are probably very high. Still none of the rooms are worth more than 2,500 Baht per night IMHO. To justify the prices Marriott charge, the hotel needs to be completely gutted and modernized, or torn down and rebuilt completely with the highest standards.

Thankfully there is a new Courtyard Marriott in Patts but I have not stayed there yet.

I agree.

The last time I stayed in Marriott was last October/November. It was raining everyday. My room had a lots of small insects. No plan to come back again.

By the way, the "new" Courtyard is not new. It was the Best Western before. The hotel just renamed late last year.

Thanks

Indeed girl friendly. Multiple girls too as I've had up to three come back with me. The elevator attendant collects IDs, but you don't use the elevator if stating in one of the terraces. Beach Road entrance is nicely discrete.

I tend to stay at Marriott Brands when I travel for business and with 150-175 nights a year I tend to be treated very well.

I love the location of the Pattaya Marriott and its sense of seclusion when inside the grounds. The Club Lounge is nice and I find the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly. To me, $125 a night or so for a FS hotel is a great deal, so the cost isn't an issue.

However, I'm never in Pattaya for more than 1-5 nights at a time - if I were to stay for a week or more I'd be more interested in a condo or a serviced apartment.

stef74 - That was some excellent advice about staying different places - That is what I plan on doing when I retire as long as the place provides free breakfast and very close to the beach such as beach road and is girl friendly - Thanks

Indeed girl friendly. Multiple girls too as I've had up to three come back with me. The elevator attendant collects IDs, but you don't use the elevator if stating in one of the terraces. Beach Road entrance is nicely discrete.

Yes indeed. Exactly as you described.

By the way, the "new" Courtyard is not new. It was the Best Western before. The hotel just renamed late last year.

no idea what it is like inside but no person who likes the marriott brand is going to be impressed with the location of courtyard.

there is nothing of interest in the immediate area other than a family mart and a selection of indian and arab restaurants on route to Walking Street

i took these pics couple of days ago

may 12 018 (Custom).JPG

seen from under the flyover

may 12 021 (Custom).JPG

immediate left car/bus park

may 12 022 (Custom).JPG

the way to pratumnak, MUCH steeper than it looks in the pic

may 12 024 (Custom).JPG

unixx in the distance

may 12 025 (Custom).JPG

from the hotel car park entrance unfinished condos opposite

may 12 027 (Custom).JPG

may 12 030 (Custom).JPG

to the right of the hotel buildings awaiting demolition

• 3 weeks later...

Wife and I stayed at Marriott 1st time to Patts. The ground floor rooms that open into the pool courtyard are very nice, which is what we stayed in...upgraded and very nicely furnished with large walk-in shower. The regular rooms were very subpar for a Marriott IMHO and not worth wasting points on. We used points and thankfully were upgraded to the much nicer room since wife and I were both Gold elite status with Marriott. I would not spend 25k points a night here when I can get a great newly remodelded condo in great location for $50 a night anymore though. All trips since then we have stayed at VT6. 

Guests....We had no problems bringing girls back to our room and never charged...the beach road security guy would just smile at us as we walked past him with numerous different girls throughout our stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Only worth it if you are at least gold on their reward program.

Great concierge lounge with good HH food and free drinks.

Best breakfast buffet I have seen in town.

Those 2 perks are way overpriced but complimentary if you are gold.

They started a joint arraingement with United Airlines, gold or better with United gets you gold at Marriott.

I could not have goten it by staying 50 nights a year.

OP - 

I can only speak to Marriott and SeaMe Spring.  I liked SeaMe until my last trip, when I noticed how "worn" everything was -- the towels were in pretty bad shape; the pillows literally felt like a bag full of rolled up socks.  They've now lost me as a guest.

As for Marriott, it is one of my favorite hotels in Pattaya -- can't beat the location (walking distance to WS, LK and Central Festival) and the entrances on 2nd Road and Beach Road make catching a baht bus incredibly easy/convenient.  LOVE the pool area, and the staff has always been fantastic.

dvate - 

if you're Gold, I'm pretty sure you get a free breakfast.  Also, it's a pretty decent value if you book 5 nights (use points for 4 nights, get 5th night free)

To be honest, the 4/5 star hotels in Pattaya, Marriott has the worst, outdated, worn, and last century designed rooms. I have stayed in Hitlon, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, Siam@Siam, Mercure Ocean Resort, LK Empress, and Baraquda. All have better rooms than Marriott. But the location, breakfast, lounge, and staffs are good. After I got bitten by number of small insects in Marriott last October, I have no plans to go back.

The good news is the hotel finally realized the room problem and started renovation. I hope they will do the whole building this time (they have done a partial renovation a couple years ago). Then, I will come back to stay there again.

To be honest, the 4/5 star hotels in Pattaya, Marriott has the worst, outdated, worn, and last century designed rooms. I have stayed in Hitlon, Holiday Inn, Hard Rock, Siam@Siam, Mercure Ocean Resort, LK Empress, and Baraquda. All have better rooms than Marriott. But the location, breakfast, lounge, and staffs are good. After I got bitten by number of small insects in Marriott last October, I have no plans to go back.

The good news is the hotel finally realized the room problem and started renovation. I hope they will do the whole building this time (they have done a partial renovation a couple years ago). Then, I will come back to stay there again.

Like he issue of how attractive a girl is, I think this is another area where opinions can differ.  What you describe as "outdated, worn and last century," I would describe as "more traditional Thai."

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Hilton and Holiday Inn.  I just see them as completely different designs of hotel -- they are sleek and modern, but, with all of the chrome and glass, some might call the rooms antiseptic or cold.  Frankly, there's not much difference between the room in the Hilton in Pattaya and one in a big city just about anywhere in the world.  The Marriott, on the other hand, has a very distinctive "Thai" feel to me, given all of the dark wood.

I can DEFINITELY see your point, and -- as noted -- I love the Hilton and Holiday Inn, too.  In fact, I will spend half of my next trip at the Hilton, with the other half TBD -- either the Holiday Inn or the Sheraton (which is much more isolated, but a FANTASTIC property that is more like the Marriott, IMHO)

Archived