Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

August Suites vs The Haven (Soi 13)

griffithvoice

Hey Guys,

Looking at booking over the christmas period and these two places are on my radar. Will be spending a bit of time hanging around the pool so thats a big part of the decision. I guess the rooms at August Suites looks better but the Havens location on Soi 13 is awesome. Both priced about the same at 1500/baht.

Which one would you book?

I have not stayed at the Haven, but have stayed at Sandy Spring on Soi 13; also stayed at August Suites.  If you tend to spend more of your time on Walking Street, go for the Haven, but if Soi Boukhow and Soi's 6,7,8 are more your flavor then book the August Suites

Haven Soi 13:

- Quick to Walking Street

- Easy access Beach or 2nd road.

- pretty quiet Soi

- The Sportsman Sunday Carvary

August Suite's

- Easy access to Soi -6, 7, 8 and Soi Boukhow

- Has a lot of street food vendors right out front (late at night)

- Has a great market just to the left (as you are exiting) about 50 steps (great fruit shakes to start the day - 20 baht!

- decent pool (big) but it is the same depth throughout.

I just spent 4 weeks at August Suites March 2015. My 3rd stay at this hotel in 12 months.

I highly recommend the 40sq/m standard rooms. Skip the breakfast. Make sure you ask for a poolside room. The other side of the hotel has noise from a few bars below. Motorbike rentals at the entrance of the hotel for 1000baht p/w. August Suites allow you to take one lady at a time to your room free of charge and you may take as many ladies to your room each day without being frowned upon. The market has good food and the street vendors out the front are value for money. Never being sick from eating the food.

Keep in mind August Suites are opening a new hotel in a few more weeks. Called March Suites. It's on 2nd road almost opposite Soi 6. Brand new with around 90 rooms. I think they will have a website up and running by the end of April.

Make sure you book your room for 2 adults.

If you book a 2 person room then you will never have to pay for a second guest in your room...

Spent a few days at The Haven a couple of years back. As you say, great location. But the place tends to be full of golfers who get up and loudly prepare for a morning on the links awfully early. Rooms pretty small and basic. Unless price is key factor, you could do better. But if you do prop on Soi 13, the restaurant attached to The Haven is worth a look.

Check out the Sandy Spring on same Soi - prices start in that range.

Soi 13 is hard to beat for location. The restaurant attached to The Haven (Taste of Thailand) is my favourite for Thai food. Only stayed at Sandy Springs but very quiet for sleeping during the day.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for everyone's opinions in the thread...its been a lot of help in deciding. So i've booked into August Suites over the latter part of December through till early Jan. Looked at a bunch of hotels but I definitely like the location of August Suites for Soi 6,7,8 etc.I do go to WS but probably not as much as the other places. Anyway, looking forward to the trip and I think its going to be a nice recharge for me!

Take care everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed at August Suites around 7 or 8 times. Staff are excellent and very helpful and the place is clean.

The pool is large and situated in a good location.

Top gun supermarket across the road and it is also handy to LK Metro.

Highly recommended

When y go out the back door 2 good cheap laundry services are available. And a bike hire is there too.

Sounds like a real bargain

Which site did you use for booking?

I used agoda 

I booked 5 days for july at 1100baht a night in August Suites and I think this a great price

I hope you asked for a poolside room. The other side of the hotel is a bit noisy as a few bars are open till late. Even though you have booked through Agoda it would pay you to email August Suites and give them your booking info and request a poolside room. You can get their email from their website. Attention your email to Wei. He is a great guy and he will get you a poolside room.

I'm booking in again August 20. It will be my fourth trip to August Suites in 14 months. Total nights stay of 78 nights and I wouldn't stay elsewhere. The hotel is great for bringing ladies back.

I hope you asked for a poolside room. The other side of the hotel is a bit noisy as a few bars are open till late. Even though you have booked through agoda it would pay you to email August Suites and give them your booking info and request a poolside room. You can get their email from their website. Attention your email to Wei. He is a great guy and he will get you a poolside room.

I'm booking in again August 20. It will be my fourth trip to August Suites in 14 months. Total nights stay of 78 nights and I wouldn't stay elsewhere. The hotel is great for bringing ladies back.

I know poolside rooms..they are all deluxe rooms..they want 400baht a night more to stay in poolside rooms and I did not want to pay for it

I can send email and ask for a poolside room but I dont think they give me those rooms for free

I know poolside rooms..they are all deluxe rooms..they want 400baht a night more to stay in poolside rooms and I did not want to pay for it

I can send email and ask for a poolside room but I dont think they give me those rooms for free

Not true. They do have alot of standard rooms on the poolside section of the building. The rooms aren't directly above the pool but they are above the rear carpark of the bank that's situated on 2nd road. For example I had room 710 which is a standard room. 4ab20cf7b85f93d9c86a6bfa3465dfab.jpg

thanks charliesexy69

I did not know that 

Very useful thread.  Booking August Suites for my first solo Pattaya trip at the end of t his week.

The Quest for Quality: my first TR - June 2015. My first TR...and it's a pretty good read.  Really captured the 'head fuck' that went with my novice mongering trip. Described as "professional standard writing"!  No idea where my inspiration came from.

The follow up......Second TR - the quest continues - November 2015

Very useful thread.  Booking August Suites for my first solo Pattaya trip at the end of t his week.

Good choice,you`ll like it,stayed there last year and the year before,no complaints!

Great thread guys tossing up between august suites and april suites but leanin towards august is the stabdard 40sq room big enough? Or is it worth uograding to deluxe 52sq

Standard rooms at august are plenty big enough!

Ok sweet as you you dint think their is any beed to upgrad then

Don't waste your money on a deluxe room. The standard rooms have plenty of space. These photos are from a 40 Sq. m standard room.

post-138543-14337313285453.jpg

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

post-138543-14337310873102.jpg

post-138543-14337311756875.jpg

post-138543-14337312122279.jpg

Archived