Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Marriott courtyard

Don_ell

Any reviews on the Marriott Courtyard?

561 Pratamnak Hill, South Pattaya Road, Pattaya, 20150, Thailand

Guest friendly? Decent neighborhood?

Considering that it's been open for less than two months, probably not. 

I would assume that it's GF since the Marriott on Beach Road is; but in my opinion that area near the flyover is a bit run down even for Pattaya, and the location is out of the way for bringing back new acquaintances.

Then again, it's quite a bit cheaper than the Resort & Spa, so if you have Marriott Rewards and you're mostly using it as a sleep spot and base of operations, it's probably a decent option.

• 1 year later...

This is their current description from the website:

Newly opened Courtyard in South Pattaya, Thailand

The new Courtyard South Pattaya welcomes you with sophisticated design, impeccable amenities, and an unparalleled location near Sukhumvit Road in the exciting neighborhood of South Pattaya. Whether you are in Thailand for business or for a family vacation, you'll find our hotel perfectly suited to your needs. Step inside our welcoming lobby or make yourself comfortable in a spacious room or suite which features free Wi-Fi and plush bedding. Many of our rooms boast views of the hotel pool, or the Pattaya cityscape. And don't forget to treat yourself to delicious cuisine at MoMo Café, our hotel restaurant or to a refreshing drink at MoMo Bar. Thanks to our convenient location in South Pattaya, some of the area's most famous attractions - including the Pattaya Beach, the Walking Street and Bali Hai Pier - are within a 10-minute walk. If you're planning an event, you'll appreciate our two flexible venues, expert planning services and on-site catering. It's all waiting for you here at the Courtyard South Pattaya!

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Considering a stay next month and as the OP asked,is it guest friendly?

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

• 3 months later...

Excellent hotel! Marriott never disappoints. Rooms are nice and the same as all (stayed at about 30 different Courtyards alone other than regular Marriotts also) the ones in US. Standard hotel room size and it is just as clean as the US hotels. It also has a shower and a bath tub sperate from eac other. Yes and they are "guest friendly" as when I was checking in at about 0100hrs a gentleman was bringing his two (2) friends with him and the front desk copied their IDs and off they went. I watched to see how smooth this went and he was done before me.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I stayed at the courtyard in BKK, and transferred to the Marriott in Pattaya, but the driver made a mistake and tried to drop me off at the courtyard.  It seemed to me that it would be a pain in the but to get back to that hotel from Walking Street, plus the area seemed to be a bit rundown.

How hard was it to get a baht bus back to the hotel at night, and is there anything worth while within walking distance?

I stayed at the courtyard in BKK, and transferred to the Marriott in Pattaya, but the driver made a mistake and tried to drop me off at the courtyard.  It seemed to me that it would be a pain in the but to get back to that hotel from walking street, plus the area seemed to be a bit rundown.

How hard was it to get a baht bus back to the hotel at night, and is there anything worth while within walking distance?

i took some pics of around the marriott courtyard last may.

very near the flyover that carries third rd down to bali hai pier area.

not a great deal of anything around the local area

may 12 018 (Custom).JPG

may 12 019 (Custom).JPG

may 12 021 (Custom).JPG

may 12 022 (Custom).JPG

may 12 028 (Custom).JPG

may 12 030 (Custom).JPG

Location means a decent walk to/from Pattaya Tai or using the Jomtien baht buses for a few minutes.

It isn't the most salubrious of neighbourhoods.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Actually, I just did it twice today and minus the sun later in the day it is a very short walk because of the way the street angles to WS.

From looking at striderman's pics they really have spruced up the place until now. The area is not that bad even at night and the baht bus runs down second road. I really do recommend this hotel. The room is great and you can get some sleep without any noise at night.

july 27 015 (Custom).JPG

taken today as i walked by.

very little of interest around except a family mart that's pretty close...................by chance the sign sneeked in far right of pic

july 27 016 (Custom).JPG

i took some pics of around the marriott courtyard last may.

very near the flyover that carries third rd down to bali hai pier area.

not a great deal of anything around the local area

attachicon.gifmay 12 018 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifmay 12 019 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifmay 12 021 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifmay 12 022 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifmay 12 028 (Custom).JPG

attachicon.gifmay 12 030 (Custom).JPG

The empty structure (last pic) has been torn down and hotel staff told they are "building up" in the area. I just stayed 6 nights there and everything was perfect with the hotel. No hassle about anything and I do not like to stay right in the thick of things. It is a nice place relax. Pool is nice went in 4 times and staff was very accommodating. I walked back many nights 400-500am and never felt threatened. Strange thinking about Thailand I never feel unsafe there even walking early mornings and I've been and worked in shithole neighborhoods here. You just go to the end of the driveway (for those who have never stayed there) and wait for the baht bus to take you a few blocks to where street on the left can take you to WS, or keep going to Soi 13 for LK. The only slight difficulty I had was getting back to the hotel from LK because I don't know that area well especially at 400am.

But I will stay there again when returning I liked it that much, and hassle at all with BF s or multiple BFs did not charge

extra either.

100 yards from the infamous bush mountain?....

• 1 month later...

I am staying here a few nights in November. Have some rewards points which I wanna use. What are the transport options like particularly to Soi6? Apart from 10 mins+ walk to Second Road in the sun or taking expensive mobike taxis every time

Regarding GF I called up the hotel and they said they don't have joiner fees but collect id

The baht buses from Jomtien go past the door so not a problem - except maybe early evening when a lot can be full by then.

Going back, just get on one in the queue by the school.

I am staying here a few nights in November. Have some rewards points which I wanna use. What are the transport options like particularly to Soi6? Apart from 10 mins+ walk to Second Road in the sun or taking expensive mobike taxis every time

Regarding GF I called up the hotel and they said they don't have joiner fees but collect id

I hope you'll report back on how it was.

I have some Marriott points, too -- got them SPECIFICALLY for use at the Pattaya Marriott and the bastards went and changed it to AVANI!  555

slashlarue and davidge's posts have me looking at it

Courtyard is much lower on points (15,000 vs 25,000), but the rates may be low enough that just paying for it is the best way to go.

Marriott's "stay 4 nights on points & get 5th night free" deal reduces the effective points per night to 12,000 if you stay 5 nights (old Marriott effectively dropped to 20,000).

I hope you'll report back on how it was.

I have some Marriott points, too -- got them SPECIFICALLY for use at the Pattaya Marriott and the bastards went and changed it to AVANI!  555

slashlarue and davidge's posts have me looking at it

Courtyard is much lower on points (15,000 vs 25,000), but the rates may be low enough that just paying for it is the best way to go.

Marriott's "stay 4 nights on points & get 5th night free" deal reduces the effective points per night to 12,000 if you stay 5 nights (old Marriott effectively dropped to 20,000).

As I said earlier, it's not a nice location especially if, like me, you don't want to HAVE to walk too far in the heat of Pattaya.

At busy times, baht bus may actually be slower than walking to Pattaya Tai but would probably involve less sweating :-)

Slightly correcting my previous post, going back to the hotel from the school the baht buses turn left before getting to the hotel so you would still need to walk the last bit of the hill to get to it.

• 4 months later...

On March 7, 2017, this Courtyard is going from a category 3 (15k points a night) to a category 2 (10k points a night).

Archived