Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BA Set to Takeover Aer Lingus

davidge

The board of Aer Lingus is ready to accept the latest takeover offer from IAG which owns BA and Iberia.

Now our Irish friends can enjoy the same crap service from the National airline as the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30967346

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Now our Irish friends can enjoy the same crap service from the National airline as the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30967346

Aer Lingus is as bad as BA if not worse !!!

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

This is for the Dublin routes so BA can offer service and avoid the UK taxes.

Oh & they are both really crap services

Possible Irish Govt will block deal. They own 25% and, apparently, have a veto.

Was Air Lingus the mob who where going to charge to use the toilet and introduce stand up seat to cram more passenger in?

Was Air Lingus the mob who where going to charge to use the toilet and introduce stand up seat to cram more passenger in?

No, Ryan Air. They're the only ones making any money.

They really should merge with Cunningham Airlines. Surely everyone would fly Cunni Lingus ?

They really should merge with Cunningham Airlines. Surely everyone would fly Cunni Lingus ?

Cunnilingus flight 69!!!

Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?"
Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "
Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"
Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!"
Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

No, Ryan Air. They're the only ones making any money.

Not what IAG's latest figures say  ...  pre-tax profits of Euro 745mn for the three months to September 30th, 2013  !

Qatar Airways have bought 9.9% of IAG.

They say they may increase the holding in the future but have no plans to do so soon,

Trust us in Ireland to make a bollox of things.

Aer Lingus carried 9 million passengers last year, has a massive pension deficit as their workers have great pensions going back when it was a fully state owned company, and are heavily unionised. Yes the Government do have about a 25% ownership and so do Ryanair, but for the last week all the lobbying from unions to the backbench TD's has a lot of them coming out of the woodwork, saying the takeover would be bad for Ireland's economy with the loss of a 1000 jobs, and loss of connectivity slots that Aer Lingus has in Heathrow. (Of course they are afraid the lazy fcukers would have to work a bit if BA took over)

Ryan air carried 90 million passengers last year and doesn't have unions. The current bid would see Ryan air make back their investment in Aer Lingus.

It's bloody sickening the gombeen parish pump politics that goes on in Ireland.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Archived