IGNORED

Patts to Ubon Ratchathani,?

pxr5

I want t get to Ubon from Patts' , was thinking of getting the bus to the airport then flying to Ubon, or from the airport going to the main train station  at BKK, then by train to Ubon.

Can I just turn up at the airport & get a flight? is it much  cheaper to pre book?,

thanks....

you can catch a bus from either  the terminal on 3rd road or nakonchai chai air on sukhumvit. both busses take about 12 hours , but i prefer nakonchai air as the premium service has much more comfortable seats.

if you are in a hurry simply go to the bus station at naklua near sukhumvit , catch a bus to swampy , then the free shuttle to don mango and hop a flight to ubon.

you can fly with thai airways(thai smile) from swampy but the price is a lot more expensive and for a flight of one hour and five minutes , a little discomfort is worth the money saved.

you can book all airlines through their websites and you can pick and choose flight times and not pay any commission.

hope this helps

rob

Got the bus once...never again, flights cost fuck all from 3 different airlines. Just fly! Fuck being on the bus with the locals

Fly Nok great airline and cheap. You can catch a mini bus for 100 baht to grand monument then to Don Mueang from there

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Thanks for that, the bus was never an option for me, flying or going by train only.

No one can comment on using the trains?

• 4 weeks later...

I use the night train frequently from BKK to Ubon, splendid most of the time. Try to avoid mondays and tuesdays from Bangkok due to delates of up to 1 - 2 hours after the weekends.

Take a bus from Patty 16.30 - 17.00, switch to BTS Ekkamai to Asoke/switch to MTR for Hualampong. From Ekkamai you need 35 minutes. If you are not hurry you can catch a taxi outside Ekkamai. Train no.67 depart 20.30, and you should book tickets up to 1 week in advance. 2.cl. aircond is very ok, 1st class is not so sosial.  Everytime I book a rentalcar from Budget at 8.00 o'clock at the railwaystation, it has never be a problem for 16 years ! In the restaurantcar of the train you will get very good meals on the Ubon-route!

Archived