IGNORED

What is Cathay Pacific like cos found a flight for £374

tony930

what are Cathay Pacific like to fly with cos just seen a flight from heathrow to bangkok for 22nd man till 7th june for £374, i have never used them before 

I have never flown them myself,but I have a couple if friends who have used them and I dient hear any complaints.

What is the layover like,? It may be a long one at that price.?

But otherwise I see no reason not to take the flight.Its a good price.

I have never flown them myself,but I have a couple if friends who have used them and I dient hear any complaints.

What is the layover like,? It may be a long one at that price.?

But otherwise I see no reason not to take the flight.Its

2h,30 min  on way out and 1h, 40min way home

Cathay are great, but yeah, there must be something fishy about the trip to get that price. 42 hour layover in Hong Kong?

Edit: Didn't see your reply before I posted, but go for it then. 1:40 might feel too small a margin for other airports around there, but HKG is a pretty efficient airport so it should be fine.

Cathay give you several HKG connections to choose from.  I noticed on the fare rules (from Manchester) that a stopover is allowed in HKG ... tie that in for a day or two and it's a bit of a bargain.

I did post on this offer yesterday.

£340 from Manchester. £372 from LHR.

If you can't find the flights you want, try calling Trailfinders as they sent me an email about the offer.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had a number of great flights on Cathay. A super airline IMO

Except for the Chinese guy sitting next to me on one of my home flights who was farting nonstop and the food poisoning I had, I've always had good experiences with them.

Not sure if food poisoning was their fault so just chalked it up to life.

Also voted best airline of the year 2014 by skytrax if that means anything.

You should try flying at the front of the bus with them, holy crap they've got staff worth perving over up there. (That they're competent and treat you well doesn't exactly hurt, either.)

Flew them once. Nice, comfortable flight from SFO. Don't recall the type of plane, but it was a red eye trans-pacific flight so either a 747 or 777. I would definitely fly them again.

BHP

i would book them immediatly. have taken the flight with them twice from new york to bkk. the most recent one less then a week ago (was cheap too). quality airline

I traveled with them twice from Sydney to Bangkok. They are really good, I mean I didn't see anything I can use against then. Flight attendants are cute and very nice which make trip more enjoyable

Cathay is the second best airline I have ever flown (Singapore being #1). I have flown them several times from Los Angeles in both coach and their diagonal business class seats.

The entertainment had so many movies and choices I ran out of time before I ran out of choices. The food of course was really good for airline cuisine.

The best part of Cathay Pacific is they don't have the unions like US airlines do so they hire some very young and sexy flight attendants.

I will be flying them on my return leg February 26th and asked for the longest layover allowed so they gave me 21 hours. I have never been to HK so a nice little side trip is welcomed.

Enjoy your trip tony930

Very good airline and it really sounds like a total bargain, especially when considering the short stop overs.

I fly direct with EVA but if I was booking I would jump at it  and save a few hundred £,s

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

They serve haagen daaz and Johnnie Walker black - enough said

They serve Johnnie Walker Blue up front, the beds are one of the best in the sky.

Cathay is one of the best airlines in the world.  People say Singapore is better, but I wouldn't know since Singapore tickets are always so expensive they never show up when I search for flights.  Cathay is a little more expensive than the Taiwanese and Korean airlines, but sometimes their prices are very competitive. 

HK is also one of the best airports to have a layover.  Beautiful airport with free wi-fi and a ton of food options that aren't ridiculously overpriced like at BKK.

i would book them immediatly. have taken the flight with them twice from new york to bkk. the most recent one less then a week ago (was cheap too). quality airline

Same, same route for me.  Spent the dough for premium economy...got put in business class!

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

2 threads going on this now.

Has anyone ever been in one of the new 'shell' seats in Economy? Cathay have them - at least on the MAN-HKK flights.

I'm not going to use them, but interesting to hear first hand experience. Seem to be a bit 'Marmite'. Love 'em or hate 'em!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

CP are very good. Somewhat officious. Watch your bag weight or they will sting your arse. Feb 2015 flights are hugely expensive CNY......last year 1200au to tokyo via hk now 3500...sheeeeet

• 2 weeks later...

2 threads going on this now.

Has anyone ever been in one of the new 'shell' seats in Economy? Cathay have them - at least on the MAN-HKK flights.

I'm not going to use them, but interesting to hear first hand experience. Seem to be a bit 'Marmite'. Love 'em or hate 'em!

Cathay,due to customer complaints, is moving AWAY from the "Shell" seats on their long haul planes. I know that virtually all of the planes used between the US and Hong Kong have been switched out. The "Shell" seat experiment was an epic fail for pretty much every airline who tried it. 

If in doubt about your flight, check SeatGuru and SeatExpert, or call Cathay and ask.

StrikeEagle
"When you care enough to send the Best in the World"

Pussy Prices IMO, Beach Road (Coconut Bar) ST 500 - 800; LT 1000-1500, May be similar in Bamboo and PBG or slightly dearer: Bars and some massage places, bar fine 300-400; ST 800 - 1000; LT 1000-2000, may be cheaper later in the evening: Agogos, bar fine ST 700 - 1000 bar fine  LT 1500 ST 1500-2000, LT 2000-3500: IBar, Insomnia, other Discos, early  expensive getting cheaper as sunrise approaches but 1000-3000 depending: Feel free to PM me with updates

Mr Tony I booked my flight from Heathrow at £374 with Cathy
Normally I always pay the extra and fly direct with EVA, but this was too good a deal to miss na :-)

I also got a good deal on Centara hotel Pattaya for 16 nights at £328!!! 

Hope you got a nice deal too........

I flew Vancouver-Hong Kong-Chiang Mai with them recently, the B773 was 3-3-3 seating but the food/IFE only average IMO, not sure why their reputation is quite as good as it is ?  And a 65-minute transfer in Hong Kong, to a Dragonair flight using a bus-gate, was just-about doable so a longer transfer should be fine !

Hi, I usually for price. I'm a cheap skate and I'm ex-military transport, ex non-sched/charter, and ex cargo carrier crewmember, so I can put up with quite a bit of discomfort to save some bucks that I spend on things that are more important to me. Also, I have spread newspapers out on the floor of the cockpit of some very old and trashy freighters to sleep on, and preferred it to being in the back of many a passenger cabin.

On international flights to Asia I've tried some U.S. carriers (Delta, United etc.) and some low cost (Air China) but a few years ago I started flying Cathay. I was going to try them, or Singapore, for the cabin service, and because they will let you split the ticket and make a layover when you change planes. I had never been to Hong Kong before, so for no extra charge, I was able to visit for a few days before heading on.

Cathay has a triple seven that leaves SFO at either 2330 or 0030, depending on the clocks in the U.S., and gets into Hong Kong at 0600, so I have also just taken a later connection and spent the day in Hong Kong, and other times I've spent a day or three. One time I worked in the day trip to Macau, to stick the pin in the map and because I wanted to ride the hydro-foil on the run from Central.

Hong Kong is off the hook, and Kowloon too. The is plenty to do and the shopping is great. Granted, you are using precious days that you could be in LOS, but if you have enough time off, for me, to be able to work in some sightseeing in a world class city that I'd never been to before, for no extra charge was a real bonus.

For the last few years I've only just lightly checked other airlines and travel sights to get a feel for the approximate competitive prices and then just gone straight to Cathay's website and booked with them after checking some date and flight combinations to try to save some money within the parameters that my time off from work permits (mods, please forgive me for using profanity, that four letter word "work").

Now, after rambling quite a bit, let me get more to the point of your inquiry. Cathay's cabin service is very good. It is worth paying a bit more if that is what you appreciate. The food is good (for airline food). The booze flows freely, if that's what you want. The staff is very good and nice to look at. The inflight entertainment system is great, at least on the triple seven, but a lot of others carriers compete well in that regard.

Cathay does have a very young fleet. Their maintenance enjoys a good reputation.

I have some friends I've flown with who have gone on to fly for them and their training is top-notch, equal or superior to any nation's flag carriers. Probably some of the best in the world.

One other note on training, or crew operations, and please don't anyone flame me on this for being racist on this. Asian carriers do have a problem with this, especially crew ops but it starts in training. They do not practice Crew Resource Management, which is standard for major U.S. airlines. Look at Asiana's crash at SFO year before last, or Korean at Guam, or, this is going back a few decades, but, JAL into San Francisco Bay (the father of a guy I used to fly with was the Engineer on that one, the only American crewmember. The story is that after plane came to a stop in the water (with the Runway off in the distance) and they climbed out the hatch onto the roof, this is after him warning the Japanese Captain, several times, that he was below the glideslope and the Captain telling him to shut up, when they get out onto the roof he asks the Captain "What now, up periscope.")

Anyway, Cathay doesn't put up with that. Such a pilot would have been eliminated in the interview process or in training.

what are Cathay Pacific like to fly with cos just seen a flight from heathrow to bangkok for 22nd man till 7th june for £374, i have never used them before 

Hi can you please tell me what search engine you found this price on?

Archived