IGNORED

New Hotel behind the Areca Hotel?

gary09

Hi,

Does anybody know the name of the newly constructed hotel located behind the Areca Lodge hotel , the is hotel is on the rd that runs down to the back of the Avenue Shopping Mall.  It has something like Centra or Central in name?

Cheers Gary

Centara Avenue? www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centara/cap/index.asp. Website rather slow.

Thanks for that, didn't know it was open already

Hi,

Does anybody know the name of the newly constructed hotel located behind the Areca Lodge Hotel , the is hotel is on the rd that runs down to the back of the Avenue Shopping Mall.  It has something like Centra or Central in name?

Cheers Gary

You mean the buildings shown behind the Corona/Evergreen pool and Sky Fitness gym.  These buildings are the combo condo/hotel project called the Centara Avenue Residence & Suites/Hotel built by the Tulip Group, consisting of 380 room condos + 100 room Centara hotel scheduled for completion in 2015.

The Tulip Group had a sales office on Soi 15 for this project and another larger/huge project across the soi from the Centara Avenue Residence & Suites/Hotel project.  This larger/huge combo condo/hotel project (called Golden Tulip hotel & Residence) is behind the Pattaya Bay Resort which has broken ground in 2014 with completion scheduled for 2016.  See last two projects on Golden Tulip website for more info about these two projects.

http://www.tulipgroup.co.th/condos.php

post-38627-0-92667700-1421022070.jpg

It is a condo complex that has been under construction for a VERY long time.

But there is a new hotel called OZO that opened just a few months ago right behind Areca next to the PBR.

http://www.ozohotels.com

Could this be what you're referring to?

What do you hear about the Ozo? Is it quiet considering the construction for PBR?

I like that area and am trying to book a new hotel in there now that PBR is closed from May 15 on for renovation.

Anyone stay at the Ozo?

I've stayed at Ozo and it's pretty well insulated from outside noise, inside it's quite noisy though with doors slamming and you can hear people in the corridors all night. I found the room too small, but nicely decked out. Pool area only has 5 sun loungers which I find bizarre for a hotel with in excess of 100 rooms.

• 1 year later...

Regarding Centara Avenue, has anyone purchased a condo there as i think there are delays with this project. I am trying to find how many people have been having problems with Tulip

• 7 months later...

Archived