IGNORED

Direct flights Thailand to Cebu

bothwell

Hi ..Guys, been playing with  Skyscanner ....Is there any airlines in Thailand  fly direct..Thailand

to Cebu in Philiy

Jim

I don't think so. I recently flew Cebu to Manila, then spent one night in Makati before departing to Thailand.

I looked at multiple scenarios and it was infeasible to do Cebu to BKK in one day, so I recommend enjoying a night or two in Makati.

Cebu pacific have several flights from BKK to Cebu via Manila each day. A couple of them only have a 2 or 3 hour transit wait in Manila for the connection so it is quite feasible for a one day trip. They have the same services going back to BKK from Cebu.

I had a 9:35 a.m. International flight from MNL to BKK.

Since I like to arrive at MNL approximately three hours before an international flight, my flight from Cebu would have had to arrive before 6:30 a.m. at MNL. Hence, I would have had to have been packed and checked out of my hotel in Cebu around 2 a.m.; not a convenient time with Cebu nightlife.

Furthermore, once arrived in Manila's domestic terminal, it's a hassle to transfer over to the international terminal, especially with traffic.

Plane arrives at BKK around 12:25 p.m. Thailand time, plus immigration, customs, and baggage. If heading to Pattaya, that's an additional 90-minute taxi ride, arriving at the hotel at approximately 3:00 p.m.

The duration of time from check-out in Cebu to Check-in at Pattaya is about 12 hours; not to mention exhausting travel with short flight durations with little opportunity to sleep.

By spending a relaxing night out in Cebu and then a final night out in Makati, I was able to relax and enjoy two nights in each place with lighter travel each day.

I too prefer same-day travel. However, since there are no direct flights from Cebu to BKK, I consider this infeasible.

You have to consider a lot more than the flight duration airtime of each leg.

Clark has a non-stop direct flight to BKK which is about 3-1/2 hours. However, the duration of time from check-out in AC to check-in at Pattaya has been between 9-10 hours in my experience.

I prefer Philippine Airlines and will not consider Cebu Pacific. Transfering from MNL Domestic to the MNL International Terminal No. 2 is usually not a convenient option.

"Clark has a non-stop direct flight to BKK which is about 3-1/2 hours. "

I would love to know what airline and flight please? I thought the last direct flights finished middle of last year.

Thanks for the update. Appears there are no more direct flights from Clark to BKK.

If it's an early morning flight, take a taxi from Angeles City to MNL.

I travel to the Philippines often. Makati is a great city, clean, safe, cultural activities, CCP, Greenbelt 3, P.Burgos, etc. Considering all the factors, it's not a bad idea to spend one day in Makati if coming from North Luzon or the Visaysas region.

Also, Phillipine Air is a far better option vs. Cebu Pacific.

• 3 weeks later...

Cebu Pacific has had direct flights between Cebu and Bangkok in the past, two times per week (Sundays and Tuesdays, afternoon flight). They launched the service in 2008 but then stopped (I am not sure when) and then re-launched it again at the end of 2012 however, as of right now, the service is again stopped so there are no direct flights between Cebu and Bangkok.

As others have mentioned, you need to transfer in Manila OR another choice is transfer in Singapore as Cebu Pacific, Silkair and TigerAir all have flights Singapore to Cebu.

Also, Phillipine Air is a far better option vs. Cebu Pacific.

I'm curious why you think so.

I've found Cebu Pacific to be a nice option for internal flights. I flew PAL twice - once from Dubai to Manila and once from Manila to Cebu. PALs international business was a joke. I found the planes older, dirty and the staff not very accommodating. I found Cebu Pacific planes newer and their staff a whole lot more energetic and accommodating.

I've never flown MNL to BKK, but I think is go with Thai if I needed to ply this route.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on PAL vs CP.

Archived