Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya China garden to Don mueang airport.

elcaballero7

Hello I was originally going to stay in bangkok near Don mueang, but I said screw it. I'm going to land in swampy at 11:30 pm. My plan is to head to pattaya, shit shower shave, and hit Walking Street as soon as I can. I have a fight the next morning to Khon kaen at 11:10 am on a Friday morning. My questions are: At what time should I leave pattaya? How long does it take? Thanks for the info gents.

In normal circumstances, arriving an hour before departure would be Ok for an internal flight, say arrive at airport at 10.00.

Again, in normal circumstances, Pattaya Don Muang could be done in about an hour and a half, suggesting leaving at 8.30 latest.

BUT....

This is the middle of high peak travel, the NY Holidays, and all bets are off.

I missed a DonMuang flight lastyear because of heavy rain, resulting in a big truck jackknifing on the motorway and blocking it.

In this period, you could easily lose an hour in a traffic Jam.

I'd leave at 7.00 latest....

^^^^. Good advice .... I would either arrange w staff of China Garden or the taxi stand that is almost directly across the Soi from it the evening before.

You want to hit Walking Street for an hour grab a ho shag her and dash back to bkk all in a night….sounds very ambitious..can be done …but the whole idea of a holiday is to take things slow and easy…especially in thailand?

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

I should have clarified I won't be arriving until Thursday February the 19th. I plan to fly to Khon kaen Friday morning at 11:10 am.

You want to hit walking street for an hour grab a ho shag her and dash back to bkk all in a night….sounds very ambitious..can be done …but the whole idea of a holiday is to take things slow and easy…especially in thailand?

I will be in town for 19 days, but I wanted to be with my friends the first night because three of them are pattaya newbies. I will probably get a cheap room or no room then grab a cab to DMK. I'm just worried about missing my flight.

In normal circumstances, arriving an hour before departure would be Ok for an internal flight, say arrive at airport at 10.00.

Again, in normal circumstances, Pattaya Don Muang could be done in about an hour and a half, suggesting leaving at 8.30 latest.

BUT....

This is the middle of high peak travel, the NY Holidays, and all bets are off.

I missed a DonMuang flight lastyear because of heavy rain, resulting in a big truck jackknifing on the motorway and blocking it.

In this period, you could easily lose an hour in a traffic Jam.

I'd leave at 7.00 latest....

7 sounds like a safe bet. I Normally don't like to rush, but six of my friends are going and I wanted to start my trip with them. I was originally planning on staying at the Amari attached to the airport, but pattaya calls me....

I will be in town for 19 days, but I wanted to be with my friends the first night because three of them are pattaya newbies. I will probably get a cheap room or no room then grab a cab to DMK. I'm just worried about missing my flight.

Its too dodgy…unless you get super lucky it will be hard to find a cab on the streets of pattaya to take you to bkk at 7 in the morning…theres some sort of mafia that runs taxis from parts to bkk and you need to book those at least a day in advance. I may be wrong on this but thats my understanding. If your buddies have been in pattaya for a few days already its better to get them to come to bkk for the night….drop your bags in left luggage and party on.

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

I will hopefully prebook the taxi. Like I stated earlier I have a few weeks to set everything up. I wouldn't want to try to book a cab early in the morning without confirmation.

Hell, staying in BKK at Suk would be challenging enough with your interiery.

Archived