Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Eva,Thai or BA (From LHR).

Orbital1979

Right have my 'Business trip' agreed from work and have 3 choices, although work pay it's Economy only, so need to pick from these, Have flown EVA and Thai, have a chance of an upgrade with BA, any tips?

I have always flown EVA, from what i have heard there is no real difference between Eva and Thai. BA would be a bonus if you could get upgraded but it has not had the best reviews from BM's over the years

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

If you can get upgrade with BA fair play but i flew direct in october in economy and wasn't impressed. Never flew with Thai but liked direct on Eva

Upgrade to what on BA? World Traveller Plus/ Premium Economy or proper Business Class?

Either way - it's probably a £1.5-3k ticket.

RAZZ

According to SeatGuru, the plane, legroom and seat width with each is:

BA

31 17.5

THAI

34 17.7

A340-600

34 17.4

EVA

777-300ER

33 18.3

Slightly more leg room with THAI, on both their flights from LHR, but slightly wider seats on EVA.

If you get upgraded to Premium Economy on BA then legroom is 38 and seat width is 18.5

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Tried a few but prefer EVA so always book with them now.

Big C

I have flown both Thai and Eva BC from LHR to Bangkok and I while the service is equal the new Eva 777 business seats are far better than the Thai 747 but it was 2010 that I last flew Thai so they may have upgraded their seats not to mention there was talk of them using the Airbus A380 on this route?

BA business class is very good unlike their cattle class but I have never flown with them to Bangkok.

If you have a free upgrade with BA then it is a no-brainer really

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

I really liked Eva (from AMS). Nice wide seats in economy because they fly a 3-3-3 in their 777's. The reason why I don't fly with them any more is that they only have return flights to AMS on Saturdays and not on Sundays. And one day more day in LOS is a happy day. 555

Unless you have Gold status in BA the chances of an operational upgrade are very slim.

I'd take the Thai flight and enroll in the Aegean Frequent Flyer Programme (in Star Alliance).  Two trips to BKK this year and you'll be on the edge of Star Alliance Gold status = lounges and priority boarding and Biz/First Check-in.  You also have the bonus on Thai Cabin crew to lust at + wider seats with more legroom.

In fact, with that one trip and a cheap mileage/sun run from LHR to Greece you could secure Gold Status.

Google flyertalk aegean and do some research.

Do not fly BA!

They are just shite!

I would prefer to have a stop-over than to fly with them again!

Bill

I have flown with Ba, Thai and Eva.

I would never fly Ba again, I hated there economy, cramp, I got off the plane back in London ill. But if you are 100% getting the upgrade then Ba is ok.

Thai airways is quite good for economy.

Eva air is excellent for economy and there premium economy is also very good. And with Eva you can select your seat a few months before you fly. Now I only fly Eva since they are always the cheapest out of the 3 airlines.

DO NOT even consider BA, the are unbelievably bad. EVA first choice, Thai 2nd, any other airline 3rd, walking 4th, BA 5th.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

If you are flying Economy I would pick EVA over Thai , but if you have a chance to upgrade with BA then it's no contest , BA all the way , I've flow with them twice in Business and it was a good experience

If prices were equal I'd rank them in the following

Economy EVA, Thai , BA

Premium EVA , BA

Business EVA, BA, Thai

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Not sure if they have been updated but the screens in eva are small and of poor quality

Not sure if they have been updated but the screens in eva are small and of poor quality

Screens on eva economy is still crap, but I use my iPad to watch my movies, once I get into Los, I can watch gogo girls strut there stuff

Flew with all of them Thai was best, avoid BA like the plague they are the worst long haul airline i have ever flown with 

Last time i was on BA the inflight entertainment wasn't even working. Now you get my point?

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Last time i was on BA the inflight entertainment wasn't even working. Now you get my point?

Same with my last flight with them!

Bill

I now always fly direct, never used BA because of price and the really bad response on the forum, I have used Eva and Thai. Eva flights are from experience always full whereas Thai generally are not so often get a row of 4 seats to myself. My last flight home was only 60% full, 4 seats to myself had dinner, laid out slept for nearly 10 hours then woke for breakfast. Yes I paid about £60 more than the Eva equivalent but it was worth it. The only downside is they are cancelling some flights and bumping you to next day.

Only ever flown Thai to Thailand.

Enjoyed nearly every flight- seem to be empty lately as well.

RAZZ

I fly eva air economy in 2 weeks evening take off.. Is this flight normally fully booked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my experience the EVA flight is usually pretty full.

I reccommend you reserve your seat online before you fly. You can do this anytime with EVA for FREE. BA will charge you £22 eah way, just to reinforce my point about BA!!!!!

I now always fly direct, never used BA because of price and the really bad response on the forum, I have used Eva and Thai. Eva flights are from experience always full whereas Thai generally are not so often get a row of 4 seats to myself. My last flight home was only 60% full, 4 seats to myself had dinner, laid out slept for nearly 10 hours then woke for breakfast. Yes I paid about £60 more than the Eva equivalent but it was worth it. The only downside is they are cancelling some flights and bumping you to next day.

When Thai cancel flights and move you to next day, what compensation do they offer for inconvenience..?

Archived