Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Travelling by Airport Bus to Soi Bukhao

rogerman

hi Guys,

Can you suggest how to get to my hotel on Soi Bukhao when travelling by Airport bus ?

I'd prefer to travel by Bell Bus but my flight won't arrive in time to make the 4pm departure.

Cheers

Roger

As far as I know there's a 6pm Bell bus departure as well, if you do not want to wait then take the airport bus to north Pattaya bus terminal & then avail a taxi/baht bus to soi bukhaow. In case the bus is going to the Jomtien depot then you can de-board at Pattaya Central intersection on Sukhumvit & again avail the baht bus.

................................................................................................................

As far as I know there's a 6pm Bell bus departure as well, if you do not want to wait then take the airport bus to north Pattaya bus terminal & then avail a taxi/baht bus to soi bukhaow. In case the bus is going to the Jomtien depot then you can de-board at Pattaya Central intersection on Sukhumvit & again avail the baht bus.

Easier to get to Jomtien last stop then go across the road to get a 10 bt bahtbus all the way to second rd outside Kiss Restaurant for 10 bt but have to walk along Soi Diana to get to Soi Buakhao . If you cannot do that with big luggage , best thing is to go to Bell Bus , they will bring you to the hotel door . Like Pattaya Airport Bus , they have departure every two hours , 10 pm is the last departure . Gate 7/8 Level One.

:Think1:

:GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

Book a taxi you tight cunt lol

I with you on this one, I find it hard to believe these threads.

People spend £500+ and many hours to get to Thailand, then want to add 3/4hrs to their journey in an uncomfortable, cramped bus, then lug their luggage into another taxi/baht bus in 90+ degrees of heat. In order to save themselves £15.

Get a taxi, you will be in your hotel 1.5hours after picking your bags off the carousel.

I realise everyone has budget limits and personal preferences but £20 to be met at the airport and driven in my own AC saloon to the door of my hotel and the same going back to the airport, although that's always a much sadder journey for me. When I think how much money I can spend in one night given the do eyed LBFM I am with, its a no brainer for me and I consider myself a CC most times. 

I realise everyone has budget limits and personal preferences but £20 to be met at the airport and driven in my own AC saloon to the door of my hotel and the same going back to the airport, although that's always a much sadder journey for me. When I think how much money I can spend in one night given the do eyed LBFM I am with, its a no brainer for me and I consider myself a CC most times.

True , they forget many are part timers or getting shit wages . They has to watch their pocket , can't blame them for that . Let them choose for themselves other than criticise them over a bus or a taxi. Me, I likes to go by bus because it is safer even though I'm well off .

Hence my opening comment jockey about budget and preference, no criticism. My comment was about using your budget and "wealth" as you see fit and peoples personal priorities.

True , they forget many are part timers or getting shit wages . They has to watch their pocket , can't blame them for that . Let them choose for themselves other than criticise them over a bus or a taxi. Me, I likes to go by bus because it is safer even though I'm well off .

Jocky I'm with you it's up to each individual how he or she decides to get from the airport to there hotel in Patts.  The only thing I disagree with you about is when you say that it's safer to travel by bus than taxi.

I prefer to travel by taxi and have always found the drivers who have driven me between the airport to my hotel safe driver.  The reason why I prefer to travel by taxi is because after a long journey from the UK I just want to get to my hotel without to much hassle so a taxi will always be my choice because a taxi will take me directly from the airport to my hotel

If my flight arrival time and me getting through immigration allows for a short wait for a bell or 389 bus I prefer that since I feel much safer on a bus and also like to be left to my own thoughts on the trip to pattaya and not have to talk to a taxi driver,I have had many who just think they have to talk continuously despite you trying not respond without being rude.

If the wait is longer than 30 mins I do get a taxi,cost does not really come into it.

If my flight arrival time and me getting through immigration allows for a short wait for a bell or 389 bus I prefer that since I feel much safer on a bus and also like to be left to my own thoughts on the trip to pattaya and not have to talk to a taxi driver,I have had many who just think they have to talk continuously despite you trying not respond without being rude.

If the wait is longer than 30 mins I do get a taxi,cost does not really come into it.

I have got a taxi well over 70 times from the airport to Patts

Never had one try and talk to me all the way to Patts

Most can only talk Thai and a few words of English

Slightly criticise, but dont blame them, it just not in my logic to even think of doing it that way. The OP is from London, you from Eire, cost of living here, there are not many part-timers or people on shit wages that can afford to go to LOS full stop, 12hrs on a plane, if me, my time would too be precious to be hanging around at airports and bus stations, for busses.

Understand the safety bit, personally, the taxi from the airport and walking down Soi Diane and along and across Bukhao are on a par safety wise, with or without the luggage. :GoldenSmile1:  

Next to the Bell Bus stand is the Pattaya bus for 124 baht.

They stop at Sukhumvit at the junction of Pattaya Klang(Central Rd).

You can get off there and catch one of the waiting baht bus taxi's that will deliver you to your place for 100 baht.

I do one better and cross the street and catch a westbound baht bus on Pattaya Klang for 20 baht.

I get off at Soi Bukaow and walk to my place.

I'm all in for 144 baht :D

"Next to the Bell Bus stand is the Pattaya bus for 124 baht.

They stop at Sukhumvit at the junction of Pattaya Klang(Central Rd)."

They will also stop on sukhumvit at pattaya north road and pattaya south if you ask them.

Next to the Bell Bus stand is the Pattaya bus for 124 baht.

They stop at Sukhumvit at the junction of Pattaya Klang(Central Rd).

You can get off there and catch one of the waiting baht bus taxi's that will deliver you to your place for 100 baht.

I do one better and cross the street and catch a westbound baht bus on Pattaya Klang for 20 baht.

I get off at Soi Bukaow and walk to my place.

I'm all in for 144 baht :D

Thanks for the sound advice !!

One more thing, be extremely careful while crossing Sukhumvit at that intersection.

Yes there is a signal, but it is still a major challenge to cross.

I think it took around 10 minutes one time because of all the traffic.

Hint: if a Thai person is crossing, mirror what they do and use them as a shield to the oncoming traffic.

Book a taxi you tight cunt lol

So I catch a flight down from Chiang Mai, for B800 including 15 kgs of hold-luggage on Thai Lion, but am then supposed to pay B1200 + tip for a taxi over to Patters ?

Either I am a "tight cunt", or I have a better sense of value-for-money, than two-week millionaires ! Up to me !

I routinely take the "Jomtien Bus" but get off at Pattaya Tai and use the overpass to cross Sukhumvit and then take a baht bus from the queue down Pattaya Tai and the baht bus drops me off a minute from my place.

But using the Sukhumvit overpass in the rain with lots of luggage ain't fun.

Most value for money guys are probably better served by the Bell Bus IF one is running at the same time as the Jomtien Bus.

Here's a link to the "Jomtien Bus" gents:

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/suvarnabhumi-airport-pattaya-bus-schedule-timetable

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

So I catch a flight down from Chiang Mai, for B800 including 15 kgs of hold-luggage on Thai Lion, but am then supposed to pay B1200 + tip for a taxi over to Patters ?

Either I am a "tight cunt", or I have a better sense of value-for-money, than two-week millionaires ! Up to me !

Nice one mate :GoldenSmile1:  i'm in total agreement...

So let me get this right then...there are 2 bus services running out of the airport?  I've only ever seen one.

So let me get this right then...there are 2 bus services running out of the airport?  I've only ever seen one.

Yup that's right.

http://www.airportpattayabus.com/suvarnabhumi-airport-pattaya-bus-schedule-timetable

https://www.belltravelservice.com

But they are both owned by the same company and they operate at desks right next to each other between Doors 7 and 8.

Btw, if you have time to kill there are cheap eats in the nearby cafeteria.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

When I arrived on the 1st of November the 9pm and 10pm buses where fully booked out.  Ended up sharing a taxi, busiest I have ever seen the taxi rank, took 45 minutes.

post-82617-0-04973800-1417385210_thumb.jpg

post-82617-0-87098000-1417385253_thumb.jpg

Archived