Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

VTSix vs Metropole

CpHowdy

After reading all of the threads and trying to figure out where to stay I think I am down to these 2 options:

Areca - Full

Diana Oasis - Full

LK Renn - construction

Tims/Intimate - Age restrictions

Seems like VT6 and Metropole are the next best options.  Any thoughts?

How far is VTSix from everything?  It seems to be pretty far down beach road.  I do frequent WS a lot and am wondering how much of a pain it will be to get back to.  Are there many bars in the general area?

Metropole seems like it is in a great location with plenty or bars in the area.  WS still not super easy but not too bad either.

Thanks

No problem whatsoever getting from VT6 to Walking Street (or back). Or to the six. It's a great location if you want to go places where the baht busses on Beach and Second Roads will take you.

Getting to LK Metro is a lot less convenient, and I would probably just walk there. Or take a motorbike taxi, if I was in a hurry. 30-60 baht depending on negotiation skillz, won't break the bank exactly.

I quite like Metropole in terms of value for money, but I normally only stay there for a couple of days (maybe up to a week) while I exhaust the possibilities around LK Metro, then move somewhere else.

So... I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

Vt 6 baht bus at your doorstep on beach road to WS, good location for everywhere. Other side of the building you have a baht bus to Soi 6 and a short walk to LK Metro.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have stayed in VT6 for the last couple of trips.

Transport-wise, it's incredibly well located.  You have exits onto both Second Rd and Beach Rd, so can hop a baht-bus or moto-sai with ease to head off anywhere you want to go.  LK Metro is only a brisk walk away if you fancy a stroll, I generally took a moto-sai there every day for a few THB.

Location - way better than most hotels in Pattaya.  As long as you book into one of the higher rooms somewhere around the middle of the building you have a sea-view, not just a view of the nearest rooftops.  It's right next door to Central, which is handy for dining out, the cinema etc.

Value - generally speaking, great value compared to a hotel room.  I book with Dancewatchers, who I know are not the cheapest but have great service and on the whole many of the nicer rooms, a comparable hotel room in most locations would run me up to twice the price.

Noise - again with the higher floors you're well up above street level.  If you open the balcony doors you can quietly hear the doof-doof from the bars at night, and sometimes the drone of the air-con units at Central.  Aside from that, there's no noise intrusion, which is not the case for any hotel in a busy area of town.

Now there is one problem looming for VT6........

The Kantary group have purchased the large parcel of land on the WS side of VT6, with the intent to build a new apartment hotel there.  At some point soon, that land will become a construction site.  Rooms on the WS side of the building are going to suffer from increased noise during the build, and almost every room on that side of VT6 will eventually lose either all or most of their sea-views.

I'm booked in again on the Naklua side of VT6 for 2015, taking a punt that the noisiest part of any construction (foundations) will be over by then.

Personally, I love staying in VT6 as do all my travelling companions.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Spent last 9 trips with VT6 and think it ticks all the boxes over every other option available

I will be there at the end of Feb for 1 week.  Agoda is offering the Studio Apt with City View for around $76 USD per night.  They don't give an option for the floor you will be on.  The price is pretty much the same as Metropole.

With the City View would I have to worry about the Kantary group construction?  You mentioned it will be on the WS side but would that be the same as City View?

I would assume for the price I will probably be on the lower floors, this is more than I was hoping to spend anyway so I don't want to spend more to ensure a higher floor.  With this being the case am I better off at Metropole due to the possible construction noise?

Thanks for all the help!!!

I will be there at the end of Feb for 1 week.  Agoda is offering the Studio Apt with City View for around $76 USD per night.  They don't give an option for the floor you will be on.  The price is pretty much the same as Metropole.

With the City View would I have to worry about the Kantary group construction?  You mentioned it will be on the WS side but would that be the same as City View?

I would assume for the price I will probably be on the lower floors, this is more than I was hoping to spend anyway so I don't want to spend more to ensure a higher floor.  With this being the case am I better off at Metropole due to the possible construction noise?

Thanks for all the help!

I would highly recommend never using Agodo or other 3rd party provider when booking VT6

Pricing is over the top and there are many other ways of getting rooms there

Dancewatchers, Honeys I can vouch for and there are a few others as well

Always know the exact room you are booking and level of service and facilities are much batter as well as cheaper

I would highly recommend never using Agodo or other 3rd party provider when booking VT6

Pricing is over the top and there are many other ways of getting rooms there

Dancewatchers, Honeys I can vouch for and there are a few others as well

Always know the exact room you are booking and level of service and facilities are much batter as well as cheaper

You think I can get better pricing through Dancewatchers or Honeys than the $76 USD a night Agoda is offering?  I was just about to book through Agoda when I saw your message.  Maybe I will see what pricing I can get through Dancewatchers and Honeys first.

Is it through honeyscoffeehouse.com?

You think I can get better pricing through Dancewatchers or Honeys than the $76 USD a night Agoda is offering?  I was just about to book through Agoda when I saw your message.  Maybe I will see what pricing I can get through Dancewatchers and Honeys first.

Is it through honeyscoffeehouse.com?

Yes to both

More than anything its the quality of facilities and service that's the big difference

Over the years the only legit dramas I have heard from VT6 clients are those that booked through sites like Agoda Expedia etc

Its nothing personal against the sites its the attention to details that are the difference as well as not knowing where you are staying

Excellent!  I am looking at the available places on honeyscoffeehouse.com now and will be booking shortly.

Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Booked for the 19th floor on WS side.  Hopefully it is high enough the construction won't be an issue.  Lookign forward to the stay/

I was only there at VT6 a few months ago through Honey, stayed on the 19th, 23rd and 25th floors over a month, no construction had started yet! I will be back there in 4 weeks and will try to update unless someone's there right now who can shed some light on this...

Ive stayed in both and both are great, VT6 is about a 7-8 minute walk away from LK Metro, Soi Made in Thailand on 2nd road with about 50+ bars is right across the road and with Central Shopping Centre right next door, I was there running away from the heat everyday! LK Metropole is a little outdated or run down in my opinion but cant be beat for location but as mentioned before, with VT6, the baht buses stop right in front.

My only advice would be to inform them on your way out each day that you want the room cleaned as its not a hotel like LK Metropole where you can hit the 'clean room' button and sometimes if you forget to mention it, you might come back to the room and it still hasnt been cleaned at 4pm.

Here's a few shots from two different floors and rooms...

post-89416-0-78074700-1413237542.jpg

post-89416-0-86806500-1413084885.jpg

post-89416-0-28487500-1413245237.jpg

post-89416-0-20268100-1413237434.jpg

post-89416-0-39333800-1413084767.jpg

The view to 2nd Road...

post-89416-0-78699700-1413245180.jpg

post-89416-0-88204300-1413245127.jpg

Of course these rooms were on WS side and I had actually booked through Agoda first, then I emailed Honey and requested a WS street side room, I did mention a few buddy's that frequently stay there, I dont know if that helped absolutely great people!!!

How do you deal with towels?  Do they change towels daily or do I have to request new towels?  Sometimes if the towels are used in the afternoon it is nice to have new ones for the evening  ;)

Who do you have to tell you want the room cleaned or new towels?  

The deluxe cleaning service (extra cost) includes daily room clean, weekly bedding change but says 1 towel change....not clear if that is daily or weekly. My condo with Dancewatchers has a washer/dryer so i was assuming i clean and dry towels myself

If you book through Agoda/Honey, there's no extra charge for cleaning, her reception/coffee shop is on the entry floor of the building where all the rest of the business's are, about half way down past the lifts towards the pool, I used to just show them my room key number and tell them Im going out for a few hours, if I could have it cleaned, new towels,fresh room....

They ask you anyway when checking in, if you want it cleaned daily or every 2nd day!

How do you deal with towels?  Do they change towels daily or do I have to request new towels?  Sometimes if the towels are used in the afternoon it is nice to have new ones for the evening  ;)

Who do you have to tell you want the room cleaned or new towels?  

I guess that depends on who you book through.

With Dancewatchers.com you have some options.  Standard clean gets you a Mon-Fri clean with one change of bedding/towels per week.  Deluxe gets a daily clean plus change of bedding/towels each day.  Both will be an addition to your costs.

Last trip I just hoisted the towels down with my laundry and had a basic daily clean done.  Got a choice of laundries on the entry level of VT6, all relatively cheap.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

A couple of things worth pointing out, for the benefit of newer visitors really.

The Metropole is a hotel whereas VT6 is, in general. serviced apartments. Nothing wrong with serviced apartments whatsoever but some people might not realise this.

Secondly the size and quality of rooms and service in VT6 can vary hugely. I would happily recommend Dancewatchers as they always have high quality rooms and furnishings - others not so.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Archived