IGNORED

Any reason flights on 31dec are so cheap

tobeornottobe

Other than the fact people want to be out partying on that date? I've seen a great deal 31dec14 to 17jan14 with emirates is 580 euro a few days later it goes up big time to almost 1000 euro, I don't give a fuck about new years

You can often find cheaper fares if you fly Christmas Eve/Day or New Years Eve.

Not as cheap as low season fares, but a lot better than days either side.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I don't know the real reason but just do it . 

Most people are with their families.. BTW, Emirates has some amazing deals lately! How are their flights?

You can often find cheaper fares if you fly Christmas Eve/Day or New Years Eve.

Not as cheap as low season fares, but a lot better than days either side.

except you need a lift to the airport if you fly xmas day in the uk or face a likely double taxi fare

I'm 3 hours away from Heathrow so it's cheaper to drive and pay for parking than get a taxi :-)

If you book in advance, parking isn't always that expensive.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Other than the fact people want to be out partying on that date? I've seen a great deal 31dec14 to 17jan14 with emirates is 580 euro a few days later it goes up big time to almost 1000 euro, I don't give a fuck about new years

Great price. I would snap it up.

I Don't like new years eve either, so I wouldn't mind travelling on that day

Travelled new years eve a few years ago and by far was the cheapest time to fly, I was flying over India when the pilot announced it was the official new year so I thought that was pretty cool. A word of warning if you're arriving early on new years day is that hotels will be very full and not many people are going to be up early so you could be waiting till the afternoon to get into your room.

Most people are with their families.. BTW, Emirates has some amazing deals lately! How are their flights?

They are very good, one of the better ones. Dubai airport is also tolerable for a few hours of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are very good, one of the better ones. Dubai airport is also tolerable for a few hours of waiting.

I see a flight with 1.5 hours layover. I hope that is enough. Are they on time usually?

I see a flight with 1.5 hours layover. I hope that is enough. Are they on time usually?

Wether they are on time or not, is a lottery. I would say that they are not overly optimistic on the flight duration, as some companies seem to be - meaning that it's not my experience they will say the flight time is 6 hours, if it's only 6 hours under optimal flying conditions... There is room for a little bit of delay, and you will still be on schedule.

The airport can be a bit tricky, as the screens with gate information sometimes only show emirates flights. But if you arrive and depart with emirates, it shouldn't be a problem - and there is plenty of staff to help you.

I would take my chance with a 1,5 hour layover. If you miss your connecting flight due to another of their flights being late, they will compensate you. There's plenty of emirates flights going to Bangkok, so they will soon find you another flight.

The great thing about travelling on NYE , you can celebrate many midnights with a glass of bubbly or two , whilst flying across the time zones

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Used to be cheap domestically in Australia for NYE and Xmas day then one of those bloody travel shows told everyone about it and it became "the thing to do". Of course the airlines upped the prices.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Used to be cheap domestically in Australia for NYE and Xmas day then one of those bloody travel shows told everyone about it and it became "the thing to do". Of course the airlines upped the prices.

What is a business to do when inventory sells faster than expected?

Perfect timing. Dubai is a great hub and the transit area is well signposted

What is a business to do when inventory sells faster than expected?

Easy. Employ full staff on extra rates and basically make no more money than they would have anyway. It was also a useful way to get staff home for Xmas but they now struggle to get staff to volunteer. Do you understand "me too people'.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

probably trying to fill up the plane on that day which normally nobody flies. I would definitely do it if it saves me hundreds more to spend on the ladies

Easy. Employ full staff on extra rates and basically make no more money than they would have anyway. It was also a useful way to get staff home for Xmas but they now struggle to get staff to volunteer. Do you understand "me too people'.

I understand that the stock holders of any corporation employ the executives to maximize profits so that they gain the most from their investment.

Archived