IGNORED

Could use a little help.

bzmanner

I'm mostly an Angeles City traveler.  I've been to Pattaya twice now, but I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of hotels available to choose from.  I enjoyed staying at Thai Archer which is now a Go-Go and Destiny except for the fact that their was quite a bit of noise coming from the club downstairs.  I'm planning a 1 month trip as a graduation gift to myself for Spring 2015 (May 15th Ish).  

I'm really just looking for a hotel nearly Identical to Destiny minus the club.  A lot of the other guesthouses don't have the nice TV's or the Jacuzzi tub selection.  Comparing Destiny to the other guest houses.  

Here is a link to Destiny

I appreciate any help.  I would like to stay around that $300 a week mark, and I looked at LK Metro, but I don't think they have the nicer TV's.  

I'm planning a one month trip as a graduation gift to myself for Spring 2015 (May 15th-ish). I'm looking for a hotel nearly Identical to Destiny minus the club.  A lot of the other guesthouses don't have the nice TV's or the Jacuzzi tub selection. I would like to stay around that $300 a week mark, and I looked at LK Metro, but I don't think they have the nicer TVs.

$300 U.S. dollars per week works out to roughly 1,400 baht per night at an exchange rate of 32.5 baht to the dollar.

You should be able to find something in that price range, either a modestly priced hotel or one of the many guesthouses that are found along Soi Buakaow and points east. By May 15 it will be low season, which is to your advantage.

Check out the Diana Oasis, particularly the "Premium Deluxe D-Block." Those rooms are newly remodeled and comparable to the rooms shown on the Destiny's web site. They definitely have newer, LCD televisions. Don't know if they have a jacuzzi, but the management is good about responding to e-mail inquiries.

If you strike out at the Diana Oasis, there is no substitute for going back a dozen pages or so in this forum and patiently reading the reports. I realize most people are too lazy to do that. But if you make the effort you can learn a HUGE amount about Pattaya lodging. Finally, if you're not familiar with Pattaya geography I recommend buying a map. Yes, I know there are maps online. But I have found it invaluable to have an old-fashioned map to look at while I'm doing my research. Google "Groovy map Pattaya" and you'll find a good map to buy.

Bunky

I believe China Garden rooms have all those details in soi Lenki just along from Metro, China garden on here and easy to search.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Thank you very much both recommendations are very nice and in my price range, I have actually walked by China Garden on several an occasion.  Appreciate the help.

Thank you very much both recommendations are very nice and in my price range, I have actually walked by China Garden on several an occasion.  Appreciate the help.

i have stayed at china garden on several occasions and it was good value.

I am booked at Diana oasis this year Nd next, never been but am looking forward to it

Previous suggestions are good, but have you considered renting a condo? You said that you will stay for 1 month and that makes a nice condo very attractive. Just Google search for Pattaya condo rent short term. TripAdvisor has some listings for short term vacation condos and you can pay thru their website or direct to the condo owner or management company. Make sure it is near a baht bus route or near where you want to be. Chok Dee!

@ patriot

I hadn't really considered a condo cause the schedule is still in the works. I would expect to be a bit more mobile. I dont really plan on cooking cause the food is inexpensive and delicious in Thailand. Thanks for the recommendation ill look into it if actual flight dates permit.

Thanks again to everyone I know I could have done more thorough research on older pages but this saves a bit of time.

Archived