IGNORED

GFriendly 5 Star Accommodation in Pattaya

ts33a

I apologize in advance for sounding so arrogant and uptight. I am looking for a 5 star property (hotel or apartment) which is close to the action (mainly LB). Pool and club lounge are an advantage but not a must. Would also prefer a place serving late breakfast if possible.

Looking forward to hear your valuable advise.

Again, I apologize for asking too much. 

Agree with above D2 barraquda

Barracuda by a mile

Agree with above D2 barraquda

Thank you so much for your help. Looking forward to visit Pattaya for the first time after being a Bangkok and Phuket regular visitor.

Barracuda or Marriott. Both fit the bill. Stayed at both hotels and really enjoyed both.

The pool area at the Marriott is far better than that of Barracuda but Marriott is also a bit more expensive. Marriott has direct access to beach road which is also pretty cool. Barracuda has very cool bar on the roof and their service level is really impressive.

Both are very girl friendly. Marriott allows 3 "Guests" to join you room and if I remember correctly its the same with Barracuda.

We have done the Hilton and D2. The Hilton is definitely more 5* than D2 and they don't bat an eye at reception when you bring girls in. However, they wanted 1000Bht per girl per night.

If you're brazen enough, and we are, we wrote to Hilton Customer Service in Dallas and got them to tell the hotel not to charge us. It all worked out fine.

That said, although it's lovely, we don't find the Hilton really worth the money and refer to stay at D2 - which is still a very good 4* hotel.

Hope this help.

M&C xxx

Hilton by a mile true 5* among so many pretenders in the city. Pool and lounge are fantastic well worth the $

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

We have done the Hilton and D2. The Hilton is definitely more 5* than D2 and they don't bat an eye at reception when you bring girls in. However, they wanted 1000Bht per girl per night.

If you're brazen enough, and we are, we wrote to Hilton Customer Service in Dallas and got them to tell the hotel not to charge us. It all worked out fine.

That said, although it's lovely, we don't find the Hilton really worth the money and refer to stay at D2 - which is still a very good 4* hotel.

Hope this help.

M&C xxx

How long ago was that?  I think they may have dropped the joinder fee.  I was at the Hilton in June, and wasn't charged a dime for bringing a girl back (and I did it all 5 days).  

To the OP:

Hilton is DEFINITELY 5 star, in my opinion.  I also love the Marriott, but have never stayed at D2.  I wasn't hassled in any way, shape or form at either Marriott or Hilton.

Since you're looking for "close to the action," it RULES out what I think is the nicest property in Pattaya by far (at least based upon where I have stayed) -- the Sheraton.  Not convenient at all to mongering, but truly a first class resort!  A lack of Starwood points has kept me from going back, but I hope to remedy that next year (or in 2016)

Hope this help.

M&C xxx

Pfft you got ripped no joiner fees at Hilton

The D2 is nice and only costs about 30% of the Hilton. If money is no object or you have status with Hilton (ie diamond) then you should get a good upgrade and access to the lounge on the 31st floor, for me it would be Hilton every time. 

Fair enough - we stayed at the Hilton last for Xmas 2011. For Xmas 2013 it was the D2 with a couple of meals at the Hilton and Sheraton.

Would definitely go back to the Hilton, but the Sheraton left us cold feeling remote and stuffy.

However, we've booked the D2 again for this Xmas.

The D2 is nice and only costs about 30% of the Hilton. If money is no object or you have status with Hilton (ie diamond) then you should get a good upgrade and access to the lounge on the 31st floor, for me it would be Hilton every time.

And free brekky for 2

I really hate the Hilton. I do not agree with the statements that it is more 5 star then other hotels. They charge ridiculous prices and they don't offer any services in that charge. For example If you want Wifi it's 500 baht extra pr day. In my opinion the best 5 star hotel in town is the Dusit Thani. Their grounds are amazing both the pool and private beach. You get 3 items of clothes cleaned and ironed every day included in the price.

I did a review on tripadvisor of my stay at the Hilton if anybody is interested in reading it: http://www.tripadvisor.dk/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1876869-r185952269-Hilton_Pattaya-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html  

I really hate the Hilton. I do not agree with the statements that it is more 5 star then other hotels. They charge ridiculous prices and they don't offer any services in that charge. For example If you want Wifi it's 500 baht extra pr day. In my opinion the best 5 star hotel in town is the Dusit Thani. Their grounds are amazing both the pool and private beach. You get 3 items of clothes cleaned and ironed every day included in the price.

I did a review on tripadvisor of my stay at the Hilton if anybody is interested in reading it: http://www.tripadvisor.dk/ShowUserReviews-g293919-d1876869-r185952269-Hilton_Pattaya-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html  

Suffice to say that our experiences differed greatly.  

I thought the Hilton was great, BUT I was staying on Hilton points, and I am a Hilton HHonors Gold member (not from lots of stays -- I got the status from having their branded credit card).  

Being a Gold member gets me free wifi and free breakfast each day.  In Pattaya, the free breakfast is served in their lounge (34th floor, as I recall), and they also have drinks and snacks there throughout the day.  I also was entitled to a late checkout, although I'm not certain how late it goes or if I used it.

Along those lines, to any USA-based BMs who may be planning a stay at the Pattaya Hilton, I would urge you to consider getting the Citibank Hilton HHonors Reserve credit card.  You get some free nights by hitting a minimum spend requirement, but -- in my opinion, at least -- the $95 annual fee is offset by the fact that it earns you Gold status.  I stayed there for 7 nights, so the cost of wifi alone would have exceeded that annual fee.

I am impressed that the Dusit Thani offers 3 pieces of free laundry a day, but that's the first time that I have heard of hotel offering such an amenity.  I walked next door to the Hilton to have my laundry done at one of the laundry services in VT6.

As for their refusal to permit a late checkout, as crazy as it sounds, the fact that you were in an expensive suite may have been part of the problem.  In a standard room, they can just assign or move incoming guests to another room; however, they don't have as much leeway with suites, because there are such a limited number.  

Even with that, I'm a little surprised that they couldn't squeeze you a few hours (although expecting them to let you stay there until after 4 or 5 p.m. would be a bit extreme, in my opinion).  As you say, it sounds like they were pretty non-accommodating to you.

Suffice to say that our experiences differed greatly.  

I thought the Hilton was great, BUT I was staying on Hilton points, and I am a Hilton HHonors Gold member (not from lots of stays -- I got the status from having their branded credit card).  

Being a Gold member gets me free wifi and free breakfast each day.  In Pattaya, the free breakfast is served in their lounge (34th floor, as I recall), and they also have drinks and snacks there throughout the day.  I also was entitled to a late checkout, although I'm not certain how late it goes or if I used it.

Along those lines, to any USA-based BMs who may be planning a stay at the Pattaya Hilton, I would urge you to consider getting the Citibank Hilton HHonors Reserve credit card.  You get some free nights by hitting a minimum spend requirement, but -- in my opinion, at least -- the $95 annual fee is offset by the fact that it earns you Gold status.  I stayed there for 7 nights, so the cost of wifi alone would have exceeded that annual fee.

I am impressed that the Dusit Thani offers 3 pieces of free laundry a day, but that's the first time that I have heard of hotel offering such an amenity.  I walked next door to the Hilton to have my laundry done at one of the laundry services in VT6.

As for their refusal to permit a late checkout, as crazy as it sounds, the fact that you were in an expensive suite may have been part of the problem.  In a standard room, they can just assign or move incoming guests to another room; however, they don't have as much leeway with suites, because there are such a limited number.  

Even with that, I'm a little surprised that they couldn't squeeze you a few hours (although expecting them to let you stay there until after 4 or 5 p.m. would be a bit extreme, in my opinion).  As you say, it sounds like they were pretty non-accommodating to you.

I told them they could just give me a small room so i didn't have to wander around for 12 hours before my flight. This service was offered to me at Marriott. I told them this at check in. They inform me on the day of check out that there is nothing they can do for me. 

The thing about the small King size bed was almost the worst... The bed is our most important tool when we are there IMO :)

Do all of the Barquda rooms have balconies and what is their policy on 2 joiners?

Yes they have balconies and they allow up to three joiners in the rooms as I have posted in this thread earlier. :)

Archived