IGNORED

Koh Chang advice

wogggy

So I'm going to Koh Chang with an old barfine of mine and I'm thinking about staying for two nights because I'm not sure if I like it or not (her idea to go). 

I have been looking at hotel prices on Agoda and it seems the prices are pretty reasonable for what you get.....

Anyone have any advice regarding hotels in Koh Chang and about Koh Chang in general? Like things to do, places to go, places to eat etc

Don't go, take the 2 hour ferry direct to Koh Kood, possibly the most beautiful island in Thailand

Don't go, take the 2 hour ferry direct to Koh Kood, possibly the most beautiful island in Thailand

2 hour ferry ride from Pattaya?

Not much happen's on koh chang, there's a mini bar complex on white sand's area, i stayed at paddy palm's , nice room, clean pool.

1 thing i would do different if i went again was get a private taxi and not the shared mini buses that stop endless time's.

My advice is to go directly from Bangkok. If you go Pattaya first, the Koh Chang trip gets cancelled pretty easily. Been there, done that(cancelling) :GoldenSmile1:

Koh Chang is ok,Kooh Kood nice also. Just stayed at 3 days and although it was quiet was pretty good, Stayed KC Grande resort which was really cheap and beautiful Go experience it, You will enjoy.

Whitehaven baech resort is very nice 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

stayed in the white sands area of Koh Chang a few years ago at the chang cliff resort and the chang buri resort and spa,  the chang cliff resort is a good but basic and at least a ten minute walk from the beach, with no pool, we checked out after 1 day.  The chang buri resort and spa was nice stayed in a deluxe ocean view room, had a lot more facilities direct access to the sea, no beach though and a decent pool, if you go here make sure you get the ocean side not the hillside though.  Most of the hotels on the beach do night barbecues and we didnt have a bad meal there, Paddy Palms was ok for western food.  The small bar area is opposite the hotel and there is a disco at the other end of the bay.

I would second getting a private taxi, we did it by mini-bus and never again, they picked us up at 07:00 and were still in Pattaya at 09:30, they then stopped 10 minutes later to fill up with Petrol for 30 minutes.

On Koh Kood or Koh Chang, it depends on what you are looking for.  Koh Chang has a bit more night life and has a bit more to do during the day.  Koh Kood has no night life, on each bay you will normally only find one hotel but it is a lot more beautiful and peaceful.  If you have the time you could always do both there is a direct boat between the two.

I went to Koh Chang 4 years ago and haven't been back, went to Koh Kood in April and have already booked to go back in November.

whichever Koh, avoid the mini buses, nobody else has mentioned the main reason I won't ever take one again in Thailand, they are driven by lunatics...  they seem to be trying to beat the best time of the other driver or something, they are fucking dangerous...

spend the extra and hire your own car and driver, or rent a car and drive yourself...

have fun!

Very Difficult getting a boat direct from Koh Chang to Koh Kood during low season, had to go back to the mainland....Just letting you know. Private is way better went from Bangkok direct 3500 Baht Door to Door.

. Private is way better went from Bangkok direct 3500 Baht Door to Door.

You mean that's the price for the taxi from Bangkok to the doorstep of your hotel in Koh Chang including the ferry fares?

Alternatively, you can catch the bus to Trat on Sukhumvit road for about 100 baht and take it from there.

Retired

I recently stayed in a new resort on Koh Chang called Gaja Puri Resort which has only been operating 7 months and if you are looking for a quiet little beachfront getaway in a smaller village it was lovely. We hired a car from Pattaya and the drive which is mostly all freeway takes approx 4 and a half hours and the fairy crossing 40 mins. A nice break from the rat race.

have not stayed there, but the son of the owner of Irish Rovers has some nice bungalows in a more remote part of Koh Chang... sounded pretty nice...  it could even be the Gaja Puri Resort for all I know... haha!

Ko Chang is very nice

Nice beaches many waterfall 7 or 8 , not sure .

many hotels, restaurant, bars and girls

I stay in July in ko kood . Very quiet ,Restaurant and bars closed 9 pm

no 7/11, no atm.

Ko kood is for people in love .Many time for bum bum

• 2 weeks later...

If you take a taxi to Koh Chang, don't be too surprised if your driver does a runner and drops you at the ferry pier in Trat.

Retired

Is it best then to get a driver to pick you up in Pattaya and accompany you w their vehicle on the ferry and then drive you directly to the hotel on Koh Chang? Then how about the return trip? Same?

Archived