IGNORED

Just Cancelled The Areca Lodge , now looking at Opey De Place . Help Needed

cheekychappie

Hi All ,
Having to "adjust" my budget for my trip to pats leaving on 23rd September .
I stayed at Areca in June and thought it was great ! Could not fault it . And really liked the area it was in .
But as its costing 1900 baht a night ! Ive had to cancel my booking .
I want to stay around the same area so have been looking at hotels close by .

I usually spend most of the day relaxing round the pool , and then hit the town at night . . Looking at Opey De Place . . Any info / tips would be great , or any other hotels near there i should check out ?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opey is good value considering the price and what you get. I'd go for a ground floor poolside room if I was you.

For slightly less you could try Sutus Court but it's pool area isn't as nice and you can't stay right beside it.

Try this place mate is right on Soi Bukeow & 2min walk to LK Metro. I don't stay here myself but I do use there pool for chilling out during the day. I'm also flying out to Pattaya on the 23rd of september, hope this helps Pal. 

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/pattaya/siam_sawasdee/

Hi Sinbad , thanks for the reply . Why the ground floor poolview ? . I emailed and asked availability for poolview room on high floor .

Delboy , inchecked that hotel . Seems booked up ?

I see from your avatar your a big Liverpool fan . My mate whos going too is also a massive Liverpool fan .

Are you getting the British airways flight from heathrow to bangkok on 23rd ?

some nice options with the Sabai hotels on sois 1 and 2 you might check out...

Hey daddee , i want to stay around the soi diana / LK Metro area mate .

Opey is fine but I like J&P Court better which is (almost) next door.

Hi Sinbad , thanks for the reply . Why the ground floor poolview ? . I emailed and asked availability for poolview room on high floor...

Just that it provides easy access to the pool. Don't have to go up to room.

Hi All ,

Having to "adjust" my budget for my trip to pats leaving on 23rd September .

I stayed at Areca in June and thought it was great ! Could not fault it . And really liked the area it was in .

But as its costing 1900 baht a night ! Ive had to cancel my booking .

I want to stay around the same area so have been looking at hotels close by .

I usually spend most of the day relaxing round the pool , and then hit the town at night . . Looking at Opey De Place . . Any info / tips would be great , or any other hotels near there i should check out ?

Thanks in advance

Stayed at the Opey many times but not for a couple of years

Unless the hotel had had a refurb the rooms could have done with a refit

But great location and nice swimming pool

Have you considered Nature view just around the corner much newer hotel with better rooms for less baht

Hi Sinbad , thanks for the reply . Why the ground floor poolview ? . I emailed and asked availability for poolview room on high floor .

I see from your avatar your a big Liverpool fan . My mate whos going too is also a massive Liverpool fan .

Hey daddee , i want to stay around the soi diana / lk metro area mate .

Hey daddee , i want to stay around the soi diana / lk metro area mate .

Hey Cheekie Chappy sorry to hear that hotel was booked out. Try this website I always use when travelling to Thailand gives you all the Guest houses & hotels in all the main tourist places in Thailand www.soidb.com hope this will help you better. No not flying with British Airways I'm flying with China Airlines from Amsterdam. Yeah big Liverpool fan alright big game on the 27th against Everton going to be wattching it somewhere around Soi Bukeow usually in Katsiree house, cheap beers & great atmosphere. You never know we might bump into each other some night. :)

Before you look at this site http://www.soidb.com/pattaya/index.html try this hotel my American friend used to stay here a lot http://www.sutuscourt.com/

When you email them about available rooms they take about 2-3 days to get back to you. If you can't  get a hotel with a swimming pool you should just try guest houses & just walk into any 

hotel & pay 100bht to use there pool for the day that's what I always do

Hey Cheekie Chappy sorry to hear that hotel was booked out. Try this website I always use when travelling to Thailand gives you all the Guest houses & Hotels in all the main tourist places in Thailand www.soidb.com hope this will help you better. No not flying with British Airways I'm flying with China Airlines from Amsterdam. Yeah big Liverpool fan alright big game on the 27th against Everton going to be wattching it somewhere around Soi Bukeow usually in Katsiree house, cheap beers & great atmosphere. You never know we might bump into each other some night. :)

no probs mate , il give you a shout and im sure we can meet up for a beer or 2 .

Stayed at the Opey many times but not for a couple of years

Unless the hotel had had a refurb the rooms could have done with a refit

But great location and nice swimming pool

Have you considered Nature view just around the corner much newer hotel with better rooms for less baht

cheers pheat , had a look at nature view , and looks good . hotel is only  a couple years old too .

il send them an email and see what they say .

Nature view around the corner is better value and much cleaner than open de place 

i think it would be around 850 to 950 per night

Bay Breeze is on the Second Road end of Soi 11 (Soi Honey). They are currently remodeling floor by floor. Has a pool and restaurant, and just a short walk away from LK Metro. The side away from Soi Honey is quiet. The side overlooking Soi Honey has some good scenery.

Nature view around the corner is better value and much cleaner than open de place 

+1

got emails back from nature view , and opey de place

top contenders now are :

Nature View

Opey de Place

Status court

all around the same price , about 900 baht a night

whats the votes like for these 3 ?

im leaning toward Nature View

why stay around soi diana/lk metro?

im just curious.....

Just prefer that area , close to everything , good bars , good gogos , good places to eat . Nice vibe about it . And just far enough from walking st but also close enough when you want it .

ask beacause im looking for hotel too, but not sure where.

i was there august, 3weeks stayed on Soi6

now looking other options

name that keeps coming up on my search is sabai resort for some strange reason.

also sutus court 1, but maybe too far from beach, not sure....

Try this place mate is right on Soi Bukeow & 2min walk to LK Metro. I don't stay here myself but I do use there pool for chilling out during the day. I'm also flying out to Pattaya on the 23rd of september, hope this helps Pal. 

http://www.sawasdee-hotels.com/pattaya/siam_sawasdee/

My GF worked there and says the place is a real dump.

Is there car (four door pickup size) parking there?

Opey if you like a hard thai bed

ummm

Archived