IGNORED

LK Empress is sold out

patman

I usually stay in a beach front room at the LK Empress hotel.  I was on Agoda trying to book my  November trip, and all the beach front rooms are booked.  I like the LK, but its not perfect:

The Good

---------------

Guest Friendly

Nice large room

Good Pool

Great View

Convenient location for WS, LK Metro, Soi 7/8

The Bad

-----------

Wi-Fi reception is poor

Cheap Furniture

Poor TV reception.

Breakfast is just OK

I normally pad US $100 to $120.

I could just book the poolside room, Are there better options?

If you want a nice size room with great view,big pool,and great location try VT6.

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

The reason that Agoda shows that it has room not mean that the hotel has no rooms available. Contact right at the hotel. I had many times ordered hotel and Agoda website showed that the hotel is fully occupied.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

OP - LK Empress is IMHO an outstanding hotel. There are a couple which are better (eg Amari Nova Suites)...BUT they don't have the great location that the Empress does.

The reason that Agoda shows that it has room not mean that the hotel has no rooms available. Contact right at the hotel. I had many times ordered hotel and Agoda website showed that the hotel is fully occupied.

+1 for this. I actually never book the room from the booking sites but always contact the hotel directly. Usually the price is cheaper this way.

I agree with the price you are paying VT6 would be a good option but also hard to get a room there now for Nov, at least ones with an Ocean view.

If you can the ocean view suite in the Bay walk residence is a good option but must get it while on a deal.

Price went up at LK Empress also, I paid $72 us when I booked for nov last month & now same room is $102-105??? Is this change in price happening just because it's high season or are they just jacking up the price all together??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go check the hotels web site, they normally have a discounted price it you stay 7 days or longer.  I have not stayed in any of the beach front rooms, how much traffic noise you you get?  I am staying in a pool view room on this next trip.

LK Ren tends to be a bit noisy due to the beer bars belting out thumping bass until 2 or 3am

I'd stay in the poolside room too, if you can't get the beach front room.  I reckon it's hard to go past this hotel because of its location.  The rooms will need a makeover soon and the wifi sucks but the rest is above average for Pattaya.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  A sea view room at LK Empress came back on the market, but they are charging $140???  I cannot imagine what they will charge for a beach front room.  Last trip in March I paid $100, and the current price must be at least $160, if one becomes available for my November trip.  Its just too expensive.  Its a four star hotel at best, and they are charging 5 star prices. 

Anyway, it was time for a change of scenery, so I booked the Tim Bootique for $75. 

Thanks agoan for all the help.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  A sea view room at LK Empress came back on the market, but they are charging $140???  I cannot imagine what they will charge for a beach front room.  Last trip in March I paid $100, and the current price must be at least $160, if one becomes available for my November trip.  Its just too expensive.  Its a four star hotel at best, and they are charging 5 star prices. 

Anyway, it was time for a change of scenery, so I booked the Tim Bootique for $75. 

Let us know how you find Tim's...might stay there myself in the future. 

Supply and demand mate.. I stayed there on my last trip for the location which was good during the day but at night spent most of my time on WS so it was a bit of a walk to my room for ST. This trip I'm booked at grand hotel which is in Walking Street. By the way the staff at lk are terrible veery rude and unhelpful. Very nice hotel but and the food was also excellent

Supply and demand mate.. I stayed there on my last trip for the location which was good during the day but at night spent most of my time on WS so it was a bit of a walk to my room for ST. This trip I'm booked at grand hotel which is in walking street. By the way the staff at lk are terrible veery rude and unhelpful. Very nice hotel but and the food was also excellent

Disagree 100% - I have stayed at LK three times and staff are both friendly and helpful.

The TV reception should be excellent. A wire needs tightening or replaced; bring it to the attention of the front desk.  Post on here if it remains poor, others need to know they are uncaring.

LOTTELLEE WINNA, on 06 Sept 2014 - 4:27 PM, said:

Disagree 100% - I have stayed at LK three times and staff are both friendly and helpful.

[/quote

Ive stayed there 10 or more times now and they are better than excellent, but if they sense you are being rude or over the top demanding you no doubt will get what you give.

Try Sandy Springs on Soi 13.

+1 for this. I actually never book the room from the booking sites but always contact the hotel directly. Usually the price is cheaper this way.

Agree, Stayed in the absolute beach front apartment in September (Lowish season) and booked directly through LK site and got it for 3200 baht p/n. Now they want 8000 if you can get it.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

Archived