IGNORED

View Talay 6

Mucho Gusto

Hello Gentlemen,

Next month, after spending a few days in Angeles City and Subic Bay on the front end of our holiday, my two wingmen and I will be in Pattaya for a couple of weeks.  We've decided to stay at View Talay 6 this trip instead of our usual Sandy Spring hotel.  We booked our rooms with Tik & the Dancewatchers team.  So far, I'm pleased with her quick replies to our emails and her professionalism. 

Got some questions though -

I'm in room 21-791.  It's one of the double size rooms with two balconies facing the South towards WS.  Has anyone stayed in this room?  If so, how'd you like it?  My two wingmen are in 13-445 and 13-450.  Any comments on these rooms are appreciated as well.  I've read some of the reviews on the DanceWatcher website, but most of them are old and dated, so I'm hoping for some "fresh" info.

The pool at VT-6 looks pretty nice, but is it open 24 hours a day?  In other words... after I meet my "soulmate" for the night in one of the disco's or BB's or Go-Go's, can I bring her back to the condo at 2 or 3 a.m. and take a dip in the pool?  Maybe cool off a little from dancing, maybe play a little touchy-feely and get the party started before we head to the room?  Or will the security guard(s) kick us out of the pool because it's after hours?

Also, has anyone used W.O.W. (Waiter On Wheels) to deliver food, beverages, beer, alcohol, etc. to your room in Patts?  Are they dependable and quick to bring your order?  http://wowpattaya.com/

Sorry in advance if these are stupid questions, but this is only my 3rd trip to Pattaya, so I still consider myself a semi-newbie.  Thanks for any info you may have.

Cheers!

cannot speak to the rooms... pool closes at 7pm. opens at 8am.

pretty good food delivery from restaurants in the building, have never used the other service you mention...

did get a pizza one night from somewhere, was ok...

my last night, about to head out now.

have fun!!!

dd

View Talay 6 is in a great location,you and your mates will enjoy it there.

You will get a security card that you swipe at the Beach Rd entrance and to get to pool area,it will not let you into pool area after 8 pm.There is security guards and cameras everywhere,smile and be nice to them,you will have no problem bringing guests back,even 2 if you are up to it ! Here is some photos from the 23rd floor last trip.....

IMG_3339-web-logo_zps3ebb932f.jpg

IMG_3325-web_zps287aca8f.jpg

IMG_3328-web-logo-web_zpsf7208c1d.jpg

IMG_3386-web_zpsaadda8c3.jpg

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Great pics. Thanks.  Yeah, we're pretty psyched about staying at VT-6.  Love the location, and it seems like everything you need is right there on-site.  Except the TG's of course!  I just wish we were allowed to "frolick" in the pool after hours.  Oh well... now I'm wishing I had a room with a jacuzzi.   Thanks for the info guys.

Cheers.

The pool used to close at 8 PM, hours were extended to 10 PM a few months before I moved out. I lived there for 2 years.

Retired

Great pics. Thanks. Yeah, we're pretty psyched about staying at VT-6. Love the location, and it seems like everything you need is right there on-site. Except the TG's of course! I just wish we were allowed to "frolick" in the pool after hours. Oh well... now I'm wishing I had a room with a jacuzzi. Thanks for the info guys.

Cheers.

girla are right accross the street in made in thailabd bar complex

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Can the shock value wear off on your first trip to Pattaya if you do too much research?  I want to learn everything I can about the place before I go and I spend a lot of my time here doing just that.  The question is, can I learn too much?  I already feel like I have a good idea of what the city has in store for me just from looking at google maps and following the street view all around town while I am sitting at work doing nothing all day.

I know that's probably a newbie mistake.  There's no way that I could ever be 100% prepared for my first trip, but I don't want to overdo it.  It probably doesn't matter anyway.  I am sure I will have a good time no matter how much time I spend here reading posts.

Anyone care to offer an opinion?

I think you'll like VT6.  I've stayed at about 9 of the recommended places you'll hear about on the forum (not saying that's a lot...and I'm sure there are numerous additional good ones) and so far it's my favorite relative to my needs/preferences.

I only stayed there once during low season of this year and found the pool area to be kinda dead and a tad spartan, but the more times I go to Pattaya a pool becomes less and less of a point of interest for me perhaps because recent trips have been shorter.  Maybe on my next long trip a nice pool will be more essential right about the time I hit the wall and need a break for a couple days.

Facing VT6 from second road, to the right will be Central Festival shopping center.  The bottom floor has a very nice grocery store if you like to keep snacks/food/drinks on hand.  I also usually take in a movie or two with a lady along with dinner at CF.  Try MK if she's keen on that option.

VT6 on the first floor has a couple convenient stores, straight up massage places, two laundry businesses (so convenient and cheap) and a couple small restaurants.  The on-site stores came in handy on Big Buddah day and we'll just leave it at that.

Close to VT6 and a quick walk (across second road and south about three soi) is Soi Honey which is good for cheap but decent breakfast buffets and naughty boy massages.

Also nice is it's proximity to 7, 8, and 9 just to the north and just a few minutes baht bus ride to/from Walking Street.  And if that weren't enough, the Six is just a few minutes ride away as well.

Tip - I believe they have insta-hot water heaters.  If you want a hotter shower reduce the water flow a bit.  Also, they're a bit sparse on English TV stations.  So when the annoying guys selling CD's come around at the beer bars you might want to pick one or two up.  My room at VT6 had a DVD player and I'm guessing most do.  It's nice to have a movie for those mornings when you need to stay in bed a little longer than usual.  

How my post/the preceding post got associated with smithzac91's original post I have no idea.  Unintended.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering why you quoted smithzac91 in that post, but no worries.  Sometimes the internet has a mind of its' own! 

Thanks for the great info thestigy.  It's much appreciated!

Cheers!

VT6 is a great place, I stay there every trip now. The only downside I have found is that if your room is far down the hall the noise from the bars across the street can get annoying. Last time I was there the pool closed at 10pm.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

just left thailand today, at VT6 there are two signs, one says the pool closes at 7, the other says 8.  

tit.  555

As others have stated, I haven't stayed in those particular rooms, but last year I stayed in one of Dancewatcher's rentals and it was great. 

The location is great, and everything you need is nearby!

If I had the disposable income I did last trip, I would be there now!

:laugh:

Tik and her team are great.

I had some problem with my room but every time I asked for help, the Dancewatchers fixed it. 

I am staying at VT6 (and have been there for over 2 month now. Signed a 12month contract... So that is how good I think it is)

The only thing that is driving me mad at VT6 is renovation. From 9AM-5PM each weekday. For 2 F-ing month! (level 26 2 room renovation. Drilling constantly. I wish I knew why the F builders have to DRILL 8hours a day for 2 month. Are they looking for oil? Are they making a cheese house?)

The pool is ok. A bit to many kids.

No gym :/ 

20 meters to the nearest beer bar. 

Great view in the rooms facing Walking Street

How fast do dancewatchers answer?

It's over 1 week since i ordered a room, but no answer yet?

I just booked a room in View Taley 6 in the last two days. Filled out the booking form on Sunday evening UK time, had a reply on Monday morning with a request for deposit. Paid deposit on Monday via Paypal and had the confirmation voucher today with all the instructions.

Did you use the booking form on the web or just send an email ? Did you say exactly which apartment you wanted ?

Used the booking form online, and which apt. i wanted

Sometimes the form plays up just email tik direct

The only thing that is driving me mad at VT6 is renovation. From 9AM-5PM each weekday. For 2 F-ing month! (level 26 2 room renovation. Drilling constantly. I wish I knew why the F builders have to DRILL 8hours a day for 2 month. Are they looking for oil? Are they making a cheese house?)

Have to agree about the renovation noise. Going on constantly for few months now, although I usually hear it in my room only late afternoon.. Guess the Thai renovation is not the quickest around..

I was just there for over two weeks, and a month before for over two weeks, never noticed the construction noise...    guess it depends on where your room is.  I moved around quite a bit from floor 13 to floor 25 and other floors in between...

have found Honey's to be the best agent to use, Honey is a very nice lady and very accommodating!

My contract at VT6 is coming to an end in less than a month so I'm going condo hunting soon. One option is to stay at VT6 but change rooms so I will go check the rental offices at the bottom floor soon.

What kind of prices are you guys paying at VT6? My current 6 month contract is 20 000 THB/month for a studio on the 8th floor. I was hoping to cut the cost a bit, but do understand that it might not be possible at VT6 especially as high season in coming up.

How fast do dancewatchers answer?

It's over 1 week since i ordered a room, but no answer yet?

On several occasions, I've sent Tik an email with a question or a concern, and every time I sent her an email she returned my email within 24 hours. Actually, I was very impressed at how quick and efficient her responses were.  Maybe your email went into her spam mail?  Who knows, but I would definitely try to re-send your email and see what happens.  If she's getting your email(s), there's no reason why she wouldn't respond.  Hang in there...

I think i know why.... I sent it from my work, and there may be a filter or something that blocked it on my end.

I did request the same room  today from home, and Tik answered me 1-1,5h later. 

So i have my room in VT6 in september.

Archived