IGNORED

A quieter room in Central Pattaya

Far East Traveller

Well, last time I stayed in Pattaya in one of the very much recommended hotels, I had an issue with the room, which happened to carry a lot of vibration from the air conditioning units mounted on each balcony's floor. The low rumble came in pulsating sounds even from the neighbouring balconies, a brain-racking sound really.
Had anybody got recommendations as to more peaceful accommodation somewhere in Central Pattaya? I'm not really bothered by an occasional sound from the street, but low frequency noise or thumping are a big no-no. I'm looking for something 3-star-ish £30-£40 per night, and girl-friendly of course. Cheers.

I am no expert. But I stayed at Page 10. My room was on back of hotel. no dramas for me there. On Soi 10.

Try Sandy Springs on Soi 13  or Nature View on Soi Bukhao.

I am no expert. But I stayed at Page 10. My room was on back of hotel. no dramas for me there. On Soi 10.

Thanks. Unfortunately booked up for the near year's eve!

How about April Suites; anybody with a sensitive ear to recommend the place?

I stayed at April Suites 2 times.no noise from outside.but walls are like paper thin and lots of hall noise and door shutting noises

both august and April Suites use daikin so there is no AC noise in the rooms

by the way I am a very very light sleeper.

The quietest place I've came through was ma maison hotel (soi13), the place was dead after 8 pm.

SMS 2 was fine also but I think there is ongoing construction now for SMS 3, not sure if it will be finished before NY.

Never been to April but August Suites was my quietest room in central and I'm really sensitive to noise. It's right next doors and a "sister business" so maybe comparable? Overall best in that respect was Summer Spring but it's Soi 2 so not where you want to be.

LK Metro and Pattaya Bay Resort

Well, I've just read a review of April Suites on Agoda.com, which says, "Good location. High and fast wifi. Near shopping mall and supermarket. Aircon is quite noisy."

Too bad.

2 most quiet rooms I have stayed are sea me spring 2 hotel and august suites deluxe pool view rooms...beware standart rooms at august suites are very quite

Guest friendly?

On a side note, it's a shame that websites like Agoda.com don't feature detailed reviews where one could rank cleanliness, noise, privacy, etc.

Well, many place recommended here are unavailable around the new year's eve, or are outside my budget. So, I'm still contemplating April Suites, due to the price, location, and girlfriendliness. I really hope the place doesn't vibrate with the aircon fans.

Guest friendly?

I doubt he'd have stayed there otherwise... :wacko:

Ok, yes, both are guest friendly.

Well, many place recommended here are unavailable around the new year's eve, or are outside my budget. So, I'm still contemplating April Suites, due to the price, location, and girlfriendliness. I really hope the place doesn't vibrate with the aircon fans.

I am a aircon noise freak believe me..I checked out many hotels because of noisy aircon including @mind pattaya ,silq bangkok

stayed many nights 3 different rooms in April Suites...aircon were not noisy...but alot of noise from other rooms and hallway

I am a aircon noise freak believe me..I checked out many hotels because of noisy aircon including @mind pattaya ,silq bangkok

stayed many nights 3 different rooms in april suites...aircon were not noisy...but alot of noise from other rooms and hallway

Thanks mate for this clarification, and everybody else also. I've booked April Suites. For other kinds of noise I'll be using a pair of earplugs.

Thanks mate for this clarification, and everybody else also. I've booked April Suites. For other kinds of noise I'll be using a pair of earplugs.

waiting your comments about your stay fareasttraveler....I forgot to warn u about the main thing that disturbed me...24 hours non stop pool pump noise...hotel pool is on the roof and my room was 1 floor below the pool....the hydrolic pump noise drove me crazy because it never stops working...so u better ask a room at lower floors

I hope u enjoy your room and if it is not noisy I am planning to book April Suites for october

I've stopped at April Suites 4 times and its always been fine. nice and quiet but only a couple of minutes from the action. Also the staff are great, if you did have a problem I've no doubt they'd do there best to help.

Shaky. 

waiting your comments about your stay fareasttraveler....I forgot to warn u about the main thing that disturbed me...24 hours non stop pool pump noise...hotel pool is on the roof and my room was 1 floor below the pool....the hydrolic pump noise drove me crazy because it never stops working...so u better ask a room at lower floors

I hope u enjoy your room and if it is not noisy I am planning to book april suites for october

Well, this is bad news and could ruin my holiday indeed.

I'm going end of December, so you'll get there first.

Well, this is bad news and could ruin my holiday indeed.

this is the thing you need to learn in Patts, or best bedorehand: there's not much that should ruin you holiday but yourself. I reckon Patts is the best place for holidays where you can just avoid anything that might ruin it. There are so many choices around so many crners and the mentality is so very much around getting things fixed somehow that if you don't like something, it is extremely easy to just do something/go somewhere else!

If April proves too loud, just move to another place. DON'T let it ruin a single day!!

As much as I liked the Areca and LK you may wanna stay clear of that one. Stayed there in May-June. A bit noisy with the construction next door and I would not think they are done yet.

Archived