IGNORED

Are the Nova Gold Nova Park both just a litte to far from the LK entertainment Area

standard

Wanted to see the LK Metro area Soi Bukhau Diana entertainment areas , Areca Lodge that way is booked, and Lk Metropole as well my first choices and my budget limit ,,both have bigish 40sq mtr room size  what else good quality hotel in that price range that area that style of place big rooms ?, 

At bargain prices both the Nova Park and Nova Gold look very good big rooms cheaper and still aprox 40 sq mtr large rooms ., I don't know which is better ,so close together but the reviews are decent enough both available , thing is mentioned a great deal is the location is not so good getting to entertainment areas like LK area bars Bukhau I want to visit, and at night especially getting home is difficult my biggest worry is getting home easily and safe and sound after a skinfull every night,

I know Soi 6 is through some lonely lanes to second road from the Nova location but not my sort of area anyway Soi 6,  am I right in thinking the Nova hotels mentioned area location makes them both a deal breaker if plan is to visit the LK Metro ect area bars , a no no .  cheers .

I've stayed at Nova Gold, it's on a soi above Pattaya Klang, as you probably already know.  I've also stayed at KTK which is very close to Nova.  For me no baht bus close by is a pain, obviously no problems jumping on the back of a mototaxi.

If it was me, I'd look at August Suites or April Suites, I've stayed in both, they are right on Pattaya Klang and 2nd road, both nice hotels.  August Suites is more or less at the top of Soi Bukow so easy for getting to LK, on the baht bus, etc.

My friend recently stayed at D-Apartments, which is on a small soi at the top of Soi Bukow, new hotel/apartment which he seemed to like.

http://www.dapartment.com/index.php

Check agoda for prices, etc.

The Nova Gold is the best value for money 4 star hotel in Patts....around 1000thb pn low season

+ big rooms

+ modern furnishings

+ balcony

+ modern bathrooms (some with tub)

+ guest friendly

+ spotlessly clean

+ well managed and friendly staff

+ Free shuttle bus  to second road/pattaya klang

+ Next door to Jamesons (great Irish bar)

- gym too small

- pool is 100% in the shade

If WS is where you want to be every night then it isn't a good location. I used the shuttle buggy to take me to Soi6, drinking street and top of soi buhakow...get taxi bike back.

Great hotel for the money.

Stay there has his own private transport link takes you to nearby if

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can get a 10b bus easily and using the hotels free taxi it takes 15 mins. Noisy late-night gay nightclubs nearby.Some mosi .

I stay at Nova Park every year, they have good monthly rates, and a great staff. Pool is good, and can order room service from Jameson's. gym kinda sucks, 7-11 next door, they have a golf cart shuttle that will take you to 2nd road, right across from Soi 6.

Thanks everyone , the golf cart thingy Is not available all the time its been said  on Trip Advisor reviews , as is often mentioned its really in the middle of nowhere much , ,  problems especially trying to tx the driver day or night to pick you back up on 2nd road, will have to think hard about this hotels location , still on the fence , there are for example LK hotels in LK Metro area I want to visit and others that might be just as nice as he Nova Gold ?.. 

BTW , that Irish pub grub near by is not to cheap either, looking at the on line menue..

Thanks everyone , the golf cart thingy Is not available all the time its been said  on Trip Advisor reviews , as is often mentioned its really in the middle of nowhere much , ,  problems especially trying to tx the driver day or night to pick you back up on 2nd road, will have to think hard about this hotels location , still on the fence , there are for example LK hotels in LK Metro area I want to visit and others that might be just as nice as he Nova Gold ?.. 

BTW , that Irish pub grub near by is not to cheap either, looking at the on line menue..

If you give reception 10 minutes notice then the buggy is usually available. The hotel from my perspective isn't 'in the middle of nowhere"....but if you spend most of your time in one location (eg WS, best to get a hotel there). There are lot's of good hotels in LK area, but you will pay more (like for like) than Nova Goild...eg LK Rennaisance is outstanding, beter than Nova Gold...but it's pricey 2-3k pn. Irish bar Jamesons is expensive...I was there 2 weeks ago, even their specials are top dollar.

May be difficult to find but only five minutes walk straight up from S .6 bars and 10 b bus !

Yep, I found Jameson's to be pricey as well, and personally I would find that particular location to be inconvenient. It isn't way out, like darkside or the like, but just not a quick walk to where you probably want to be. Of course, there are those that may think of that as a plus I suppose. Different strokes and all....

Maybe not as luxurious, but excellent value for money, 52sqm room, swimming pool+jacuzzi pool,soi bukkhao near LK Metro, "Sutus Court 1"

Perfect for Soi 6 just 5 min walk

I read that the gym is poor; does it atleast have a complete set of dumbells?

The gym has dumbells and a bench press machine + running machine and bike. Modern, but cramped.

The Nova Gold is the best value for money 4 star hotel in Patts....around 1000thb pn low season

+ big rooms

+ modern furnishings

+ balcony

+ modern bathrooms (some with tub)

+ guest friendly

+ spotlessly clean

+ well managed and friendly staff

+ Free shuttle bus  to second road/pattaya klang

+ Next door to Jamesons (great Irish bar)

- gym too small

- pool is 100% in the shade

If WS is where you want to be every night then it isn't a good location. I used the shuttle buggy to take me to soi6, drinking street and top of soi buhakow...get taxi bike back.

Great hotel for the money.

I agree. Nova Gold is fantastic value for money. That said I (personally) would prefer to pay a little more elsewhere. The locations is not great, but that is reflected in its price and its very little hassle to get to other parts of town.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

have a look on google street view if you are ok with getting on a bike Iwoul recomend it.

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

• 1 year later...

I'm booked in the Nova Gold for 10 days in Feb.

Its a perfect location for me less than 10 mins stroll to Soi 6 or courtesy golf bus thing or same to Central road

Its about 500 meters either way

Also says (paddling) pool and Jacuzzi open 24 hours a day.

Can anybody confirm this??

Never say never

The pool and gym were closing at night in may when I was last there.It's a nice smallish hotel,you can also use the much larger pool and gym at the amari Nova suites if a guest at Nova gold,which is also where you go for breakfast if you booked it,the buffet breakfast spread is superb there.

This place is well maintained, the staff will clean your room if your up by 16:00 and press the make up room button,if not call reception and someone will bring you fresh towels and water. Great place if your a night owl as quiet during the day for sleep plus they have blackout curtains.

5 hotels have aa free shared baht bus for their guests which travels a set route and stops at each hotel every 30 minutes.Centara pattaya hotel,Nova park,Nova gold,Amari Nova Suites,Centara Nova hotel and spa(same owner maybe as Nova springs up alot?)

It then drives to pattaya klang and let's passenger off at start of soi buakhao,then stops at tops supermarket then goes beach road stopping at central festival, then drives all the way along 2nd road towards north pattaya letting people off at big C.If only a couple of people on board driver will take you straight to which ever stop you need also you can ring the bell and get off anywhere along the route.It operates between 10am and 9pm is last trip.The golf buggy is supposedly available at all other hours to go to either 2nd road by Soi6 or else central road by soi buakhao.

Are the standard rooms at the nova gold ok? Look well maintained on trip advisor.

The difference is a bathtub believe it or not,deluxe have it the others don't. Because the hotel is on a corner plot the room sizes vary so it might be really spacious or it might be less so,but I liked it there.

Is the nova gold miles away from second road or anywhere accessible to a baht bus that can get to Walking Street?

Is the nova gold miles away from second road or anywhere accessible to a baht bus that can get to walking street?

You can walk it in around 7-8 minutes.

I'm staying at the Nova Gold, and I did have some reservations about the location when I booked, but the price was too good to refuse. In practice the location isn't a problem. 10 min walk to Soi 6, from here you can get a baht bus going north, or walk down Soi 6 for a baht bus on beach road to Walking Street.

I'm staying at the Nova Gold, and I did have some reservations about the location when I booked, but the price was too good to refuse. In practice the location isn't a problem. 10 min walk to Soi 6, from here you can get a baht bus going north, or walk down Soi 6 for a baht bus on beach road to Walking Street.

I'm staying at the Nova Gold, and I did have some reservations about the location when I booked, but the price was too good to refuse. In practice the location isn't a problem. 10 min walk to soi 6, from here you can get a baht bus going north, or walk down soi 6 for a baht bus on beach road to walking street.

I'm staying at the Nova Gold, and I did have some reservations about the location when I booked, but the price was too good to refuse. In practice the location isn't a problem. 10 min walk to soi 6, from here you can get a baht bus going north, or walk down soi 6 for a baht bus on beach road to walking street.

What rate did you get mate?

Archived