Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel recommendation please

amo30

The last couple of times I booked with Agoda the taxes were included in the listed price.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

No,,  taxes of 17% are added at the end with Agoda .. , it says  taxes are not Incuded when booking if you look carefully, looking at any of there listed hotels, but  shows up after booking ie the bottom line price after you've completed your booking., it says taxes and another tax 10% and 7 % will be added,  , and they are .added.on the bottom line ,

Looking at my Agoda booking here I done yesterday , the on line price total is in UK pounds  = 108 pounds,  then it reads the actual total inc taxes of 17%, and  so the final total cost the bottom line is UK pounds = 126 .36

It pays to check all sites prices with taxes added,  Agoda sometimes come close to Booking .Com with taxes Included at the end of the booking process,, but mostly do not .

.I use Trivago, it lists all booking sites prices, BUT don't forget to add 17% for taxes on to the listed Agoda prices and some other booking sites on Trivago have smaller or similar taxes as Agoda., 

But do note Bookings .Com and Late Rooms no 17 % added tax, its Included.in the on line price , funny that because Agoda and Bookings . Com are the same family ...

I chose Agoda this time, just because it had the room I wanted , the bottom line price was more but  similar to the other two mentioned , that's not always the case though I use all three sites choosing what  is best for me and availability ....

So to clarify Bookings.Com, and Late Rooms, do not add taxes of 17% on at the end of the booking process like Agoda do, the taxes are Included , as well as with these two firms you credit card details you give is just a guarantee , you can pay cash or card to the hotel on most hotel rooms when you get there or at check out , with Agoda they deduct your money from you credit card before you get there , usually seven to ten days before you arrive depending on which hotel you choose. ..  .

No, taxes of 17% are added at the end , it says taxes are not Incuded when booking but sure show up after booking the bottom line price, it says taxes and another tax 10% and 7 % will be added, , but added after the price listed , and they are ..on the bottom line ,

Looking at my booking here I done yesterday , the on line price total is in UK pounds = 108 pounds, then it reads the actual total inc taxes of 17%, and so the final total cost the bottom line is UK pounds =126 .36 ,

It pays to check all sites prices with taxes added, Agoda sometimes come close to Booking .Com with taxes Included at the end of the booking process,, but mostly do not ..I use Trivago, it lists all booking sites prices, BUT don't forget to add 17% for taxes on to the listed Agoda prices and some other booking sites on Trivago., but do note Bookings .Com and Late rooms no 17 % added tax, its Included.in the on line price .

I chose Agoda this time, just because the cancelation terms where slightly better and I wanted to pay the bill up front by credit card, the bottom line price was more but similar to the other two mentioned , that's not always the case though I use all three sites choosing what is best for me ...

so to clarify Bookings.com, and Late Rooms, do not add taxes of 17% on at the end of the booking process like Agoda do, the taxes are Included , as well as with these two firms you credit card details you give is just a guarantee , you can pay cash or card to the hotel on most hotel rooms when you get there or at check out , with Agoda they deduct your money from you credit card before you get there , usually seven to ten days before you arrive depending on which hotel .. .

Thank you, very informative and I'm sure will come in handy. I want to get it sorted by the weekend but I'm so indecisive.

also, if you use Agoda please access it through a link here, it helps support the forum, and the forum deserves it!

also, if you use agoda please access it through a link here, it helps support the forum, and the forum deserves it!

Will definitely use it. Will go through the link. Thanks for reminder, slipped my mind.

Well all I can say is the last 2 times I've used Agoda it's said the opposite to what has been your experience Standard.

It says "Included in room price:

Service charges 10%,Hotel tax 7%"

Heres a link to my booking query http://www.agoda.com/en-au/august-suites-pattaya/hotel/pattaya-th.html?dsrch=1&asq=Q9MN9Lsu7rdMsqUNyCNBNvqeBlORRwI0Nf9ew0NmbRrB6B4ISsjEcMseaSRgb8cZBWnAMicIhUCvDopYRZqirJSXIVlQ5qTq36JINhqnaFZuDoGGf9J%2bnfXvNvqs%2fdZonXATbEobiJ9d5p5b%2fz1bjW2zrWI0u%2bGXhsBlvSkIeH0%3d

Well its known taxes are not usually Included in the hotel price , google Agoda see the Thai hotels section any hotel in Pattaya for example, now every one look to see on the hotel description that taxes are added to the price shown . combined they are + 17% ..note hotel prices , some apartments yes it is Included but not all ..

Well its known taxes are not Included in the hotel price , google Agoda see the Thai hotels section any hotel in Pattaya for example, now every one look to see on the hotel description that taxes are added to the price shown . combined they are + 17% ..

interesting, the link he provided DOES include taxes etc in the price, and says so.

""

Breakfast Included

Included in room price:

Service charges 10%,Hotel tax 7%""

interesting, the link he provided DOES include taxes etc in the price, and says so.

""

Breakfast Included

Included in room price:

Service charges 10%,Hotel tax 7%""

Might be the property because Ive had both experiences with Agoda.

Taxes in and out.

Lb

Just came home a fortnight ago and stayed here for last 4 nights http://www.mamaison-hotel.com/home nice little hotel with pool and daily cleaning/room made up and towels for 1200baht a night. Couldn't really fault it and quite central.

I will throw a spanner in the works for you :)

Would of given this a crack but have already booked else where for pretty much the same dates as yourself and dont want to cancel.

Anyway..my mate tells me its a new property on Soi Honey - near the massage joint.

Second road close one way, Soi Buahao the other and LK Metro around the corner.

Lots of massage and short time available on Honey.

Cost for the mini suite for your stay is 2528bt with breakfast for 2.

Cost for superior room is 1640p with breakfast for 2.

Pool on the top floor and a balcony with your room - me thinks its small but not sure.

Anyway..heres the links.

http://www.247boutiquehotelpattaya.com/

http://www.booking.com/hotel/th/247-boutique.en-us.html?aid=356987;label=gog235jc-hotel-XX-th-247Nboutique-unspec-au-com-L%3Axu--V%3A0CD8QFjABO%3Aunk-B%3Aunk-N%3AXX-S%3Abo;sid=bf72b12f106f9ee3d5988a1cfc0ff155;dcid=4;checkin=2014-10-22;checkout=2014-11-05;ucfs=1;srfid=9dbcc2cd06bccf88889f4a7d229915111115638fX1

Lb

I wasn't doubting you Standard, just saying it hasn't been my experience when booking through Agoda.

I honestly can't ever remember the taxes not being included in the price, but am certain of the last 2 that I booked, the aforementioned August Suites and prior to that Tai-Pan in Bkk.

Cheers

I found Agoda and booking.com both expensive.Take always a look at ebookers by using some of the promo codes and compare the price.

For example i just checked,the price for 10 nights,Page 10 hotel,from 01.-11.02.2015.for a superior studio.

The total prices(with all taxes included) i have found were:

Agoda...............505.30 EUR

Booking.com.....526.00 EUR

Ebookers..........350.87 EUR ( by using the mobile application with promo code BRAZIL)

So its really worth checking it,the savings made this way can be huge.

Thanks everyone who contributed to my search. Getting closer to finalising plans. I've booked the view Talay 6 for 9 days. That leaves me with 2 days at the start of my trip and 3 days at the end. The plan formulated this morning is to spend first 2 days in Bangkok. Great PA member suggested 2 hotels that are £20 odd right by Nana. It's been 10 years since I've checked out Bangkok so I'm thinking might as well see the scene there.

That leaves me 3 days at the end top runners so far are

August Suites

Ab24 boutique hotel (might have misspelled this)

Page 10 ( strong shower but no balcony)

Mercules hotel

I'm going to book this last leg next week so any suggestions welcome.

I enjoyed staying at the at mind residence near Soi 6, very nice apartment style room with bedroom and living room, balcony, sweet pool, no extra fees...  clean and modern...

Archived