IGNORED

booked the marriott for 1950 a night-BOOM

tobeornottobe

I got a great deal with virgin holidays for the Marriott for 8 nights, 1950 baht a night for a 5 star hotel. Can I ask one thing though if I cant get a late check out on my last day I will have to wait around somewhere as my flight isn't till 1am next day, any advice. I considered booking an extra night but the strange thing is booking an extra night makes the whole thing much more expensive

Stayed there twice, they gave me at 1:00 pm checkout both times and stowed my bags for me.  Came back from the beach/Lolitas (one for the road, eh?) at about 8:00...used the rest room in the lounge to clean up a bit...tipped the bellhop nicely and left with Mr. T.  

Marriott is good anyways, but If you use them for business at all, they go the extra mile.  On checking in they noticed my birth date on my passport and showed up at my room with a cake. A little embarrassing (as I had company when five employees showed up singing "happy birthday"); but nice.

Make sure you see the concierge when you check in, forgot his name but takes his job very seriously...walked me to Bangkok Bank and stayed there with me until I resolved some cash issues once.  Everyone has the issue you describe, they'll help you out.

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

How far ahead did you need to book? Sounds like a good deal

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

Nice deal, virgin holidays im guessing you are flying from the uk?

GREAT deal -- one of my favorite hotels!  I assume this was a package deal tied to a Virgin flight?

I would suggest checking with them when you check in to see if you can get a "half day" rate and check out around 6-8 p.m.

The other solid options are to store your bags at the Marriott and go out and have fun OR book a room in a guesthouse just to have a "base of operations" throughout the night

Marriott is guest friendly?

In my experience, 100%

Stayed there on multiple occasions without any hassle or joinder fee

I got a great deal with virgin holidays for the Marriott for 8 nights, 1950 baht a night for a 5 star hotel. Can I ask one thing though if I cant get a late check out on my last day I will have to wait around somewhere as my flight isn't till 1am next day, any advice. I considered booking an extra night but the strange thing is booking an extra night makes the whole thing much more expensive

just rent a cheap room somewhere else for the last day/evening, have a place to stash your bags and shower before your taxi pickup...

Yea it was virgin and no it wasn't through a flight with them and im not flying from the uk, im flying to melbourne first from Dublin and then Melbourne to Bangkok

I find it funny that a company named virgin holidays have good deals for a stay in Pattaya.

Yeah, Good deal,

I wonder how you found that?

You saved yourself £250+ on the deal over 8 nights, pay the extra night or book in somewhere else.

I find it funny that a company named virgin holidays have good deals for a stay in Pattaya.

Yeah not many virgins there. :GoldenSmile1:

Robw

• 3 weeks later...

I can also confirm that it is 100% joiner/guest friendly.

I am gold-level Marriott customer (with 50+ nights per year) so they did go extra mile with me with the service in everything. Overall, especially Breakfast was amazing and the pool area very cosy.

Out of curiosity is the Marriott 2-girl friendly and any issues with 18/19 yr olds?

All depends on the hotel's occupancy, If they have plenty of rooms available, they will give you a good deal in person to extend that last night.

Out of curiosity is the Marriott 2-girl friendly and any issues with 18/19 yr olds?

Yes, 2 joiners are ok. For my joiners, they actually never checked for IDs so age (as long as it is over 18) should not be a problem either.

• 3 weeks later...

DOn't think that the marriott is available via Virgin now, it used to be & it offered the cheapest rates by a mile !

Stopped there twice & it is a great hotel

that's a great deal you got mate il look into it but I fly flight only but il check the price out thanks for the info

Archived