IGNORED

Staying for a month next year - hotel or condo?

DazzaDownUnder

I'm sure this has been done to death on a thousand other threads, but I can't be bothered trying to find them.

So,...........pretty much decided that I'm gonna try and stay a bit longer next year, and the plan is to stay about a month in Pattaya.

Two questions

1 - Should I consider staying in a condo or stick to a hotel?

2 - If you think I should stay in a condo, any recommendations?

I don't spend a lot on accommodation normally. I stayed at China Garden last year and will be again this year. For 1200 baht a night, I get a great room in a great part of town with a big jacuzzi.....it's fantastic.

As I don't spend much time in the room itself, except at night really, I don't see the point of spending big on accommodation. That's why the China Garden is perfect. I also like the fact that I can walk to anywhere I wanna go...apart from Soi 6....which is a baht bus ride.

I also really like staying in the area where the hotel is situated, so that would be my first choice again. Not that keen on staying near WS.

A mate suggested Jomtien. Now I don't have much idea where that is really. I know it's not far away from all the action, but I don't wanna have to get a taxi back to where I'm staying every night.

Also looked at the Dancewatchers site, and saw the Talay 6 ones, or whatever they're called. I didn't look for very long though, as I don't think I need anything as flash as those. After all, I'm only gonna be sleeping there....that's about it.

Thanks in advance

Dazza mate, my advice is to stick to what you know. China Garden has great rooms. Jocky's next door also has great rooms. 

English Rose next Soi over is popular with our crew as well. 

There are two Aussie Bars in the area now and plenty of Aussies in our crazy crew. We meet up every Friday night in the same area. I looked at your profile and a guy by the name of NoddyWA has the same interests as you. Dancaholic and MrPhil like to party hard also. 

I look forward to crossing paths with you.

Dazza mate, my advice is to stick to what you know. China Garden has great rooms. Jocky's next door also has great rooms. 

English Rose next Soi over is popular with our crew as well. 

There are two Aussie Bars in the area now and plenty of Aussies in our crazy crew. We meet up every Friday night in the same area. I looked at your profile and a guy by the name of NoddyWA has the same interests as you. Dancaholic and MrPhil like to party hard also. 

I look forward to crossing paths with you.

Thanks mate. Hard to go wrong at China Garden. But it'd also be nice to have a place of my own for a while too.

After reading your post, I believe you should book China Garden (CG) again and ask if a discount is possible ( if not its still a good deal IMO).

The  condo apartment is the way to go.  If more space ,fully equipped kitchen( not in all some only have a microwave).Pool, gym,lift, quiet area (not have this) Balcony with a nice view ( not all have this). enclosed secure parking (not all have this).

"Flash apartments you don't need"  from reading your post I agree however it is nice to have the items listed above at times especially when you stay long term.

If staying for a few weeks you are out taking in the "sites" most of the time and only return to sleep. when you settle down and have stayed a while, you will find it nice to cook your own breakfast sit on the balcony and take in the view.

It is not more expensive to book an apartment for a month than a quality room. 

The Jacuzzi is the deal maker for you IMO Condo apartments are normally very expensive if they have a Jacuzzi.

The owner of CG is IMO a very astute business man and had studied the market requirements before he built CG, his rooms are normally booked well in advance, If you plan to stay at CG and would like a Jacuzzi room I suggest you book early.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

hey mate,  if it's only a month, stick to a hotel, even if only for the security factor plus house keeping, but up to you.  i only like to spend around 5-700bt a night for my rooms and generally stay at English Rose now.   beautiful modern newly renovated large rooms.  great location.   but if you dont mind spending more, i used to stay at The Avenue  for 20k bt a month on a 3 month contract but you can find cheaper in same building. or simply pay the 1000bt a night option, though depending on time of year maybe cheaper.  great large rooms, kitchen, wifi, pool, gym, sauna, elevator, huge nice bathroom. great location, all brand new.  just down soi 15 between 2nd road and  buakhaow.  but if thinking there, book ahead!  always busy, GordonPattaya still lives there and is a great bloke.

forget jomtien, too far out, expensive, full of russians...  again up to you, but i like to stay where the action is and not be tempted to ride my bike home full of piss, or spend the time and money on baht buses/taxis.

everyones budget is different but i dont see the point in wasting good booze/women money on expensive room, if im there longer i like a kitchen if i can, but seriously, check out English Rose. the largest room is 750 bt, and its huge. flatscreen tv, balcony, proper bed, large fridge, good wifi, good management.  i dont even bother with those large rooms anymore, i get the next size down, costs me 13k amonth.  daily housekeeping and all the action is at the front door.  the bar downstairs rarely gets busy so no loud music all night.

lets us all know when you hit town mate,  be good to have another fisherman in the crew

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

oh, now i see.....   fucken 2 week millionaires.....  !!  :SoWhat1:    

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

I have stayed at china garden in the past a few times, love the place. Now that I spend long periods , there is no question that a condo is much better. And for a month, it works out much cheaper.

After reading your post, I believe you should book China Garden (CG) again and ask if a discount is possible ( if not its still a good deal IMO).

The  condo apartment is the way to go.  If more space ,fully equipped kitchen( not in all some only have a microwave).Pool, gym,lift, quiet area (not have this) Balcony with a nice view ( not all have this). enclosed secure parking (not all have this).

"Flash apartments you don't need"  from reading your post I agree however it is nice to have the items listed above at times especially when you stay long term.

If staying for a few weeks you are out taking in the "sites" most of the time and only return to sleep. when you settle down and have stayed a while, you will find it nice to cook your own breakfast sit on the balcony and take in the view.

It is not more expensive to book an apartment for a month than a quality room. 

The Jacuzzi is the deal maker for you IMO Condo apartments are normally very expensive if they have a Jacuzzi.

The owner of CG is IMO a very astute business man and had studied the market requirements before he built CG, his rooms are normally booked well in advance, If you plan to stay at CG and would like a Jacuzzi room I suggest you book early.

JDM

Hi mate.

Yep, China Garden gets booked out quickly and with good reason. I booked 9 months ago for my upcoming trip and lucky I did.

Thanks for your advice. Cooking is not something I do at home, so don't need a kitchen. laundry costs bugger all so I wont be doing that.

Jacuzzi would be nice but isn't a must.

And a balcony with a view would be nice, but again, not overly important.

As I said, gonna be sleeping there and that's it. As soon as I wake up in the morning, or as soon as I'm finished with my playmate, I'm usually out the door.

hey mate,  if it's only a month, stick to a hotel, even if only for the security factor plus house keeping, but up to you.  i only like to spend around 5-700bt a night for my rooms and generally stay at English Rose now.   beautiful modern newly renovated large rooms.  great location.   but if you dont mind spending more, i used to stay at The Avenue  for 20k bt a month on a 3 month contract but you can find cheaper in same building. or simply pay the 1000bt a night option, though depending on time of year maybe cheaper.  great large rooms, kitchen, wifi, pool, gym, sauna, elevator, huge nice bathroom. great location, all brand new.  just down soi 15 between 2nd road and  buakhaow.  but if thinking there, book ahead!  always busy, GordonPattaya still lives there and is a great bloke.

forget jomtien, too far out, expensive, full of russians...  again up to you, but i like to stay where the action is and not be tempted to ride my bike home full of piss, or spend the time and money on baht buses/taxis.

everyones budget is different but i dont see the point in wasting good booze/women money on expensive room, if im there longer i like a kitchen if i can, but seriously, check out English Rose. the largest room is 750 bt, and its huge. flatscreen tv, balcony, proper bed, large fridge, good wifi, good management.  i dont even bother with those large rooms anymore, i get the next size down, costs me 13k amonth.  daily housekeeping and all the action is at the front door.  the bar downstairs rarely gets busy so no loud music all night.

lets us all know when you hit town mate,  be good to have another fisherman in the crew

Noddy, thanks for the info mate.

Yeah love my fishing. Just spent big on a brand new boat. It keeps me occupied for the rest of the year and stops me from sittin' at home dreamin' about Pattaya all year.

Someone asked me if I had to give up fishin' or Pattaya, which would I choose...........I couldn't answer.

And sorry mate, 2 week millionaire...that's me....next year I'll be a 6 week millionaire though if it pans out the way I'm hoping.

I prefer Condos.Very difficult to get a one Month Rental as Most places looking for 6 or 12 Months.

Two Months might be possible if Lucky.

Had a Condo lined up for 1 Month last december but lost the deal as Guy stayed longer. Rented Flipper House and Flipper Lodge for 2 Weeks each.

Great Places if in new wing. Good Staff and location but internet and Breakfast sucks.

Condo would have cost me 25 000B hotels ended up 50 000B.

In any case my favoured are VT6-Urban Suites---City garden---Avenue Residences.Google East Coast real Estate and use there search Engine for Condo rentals

For a month, stick to your normal hotel and ask for a discount.  Not many places you will get a condo for less than a 3 month stay.

I prefer Condos.Very difficult to get a one Month Rental as Most places looking for 6 or 12 Months.

Two Months might be possible if Lucky.

Had a Condo lined up for 1 Month last december but lost the deal as Guy stayed longer. Rented Flipper House and Flipper Lodge for 2 Weeks each.

Great Places if in new wing. Good Staff and location but internet and Breakfast sucks.

Condo would have cost me 25 000B Hotels ended up 50 000B.

In any case my favoured are VT6-Urban Suites---City garden---Avenue Residences.Google East Coast real Estate and use there search Engine for Condo rentals

Good info thanks for posting some recommendations on Condos.....next trip I will check these out.  Cheers

As others have said, 1 month is too short for most condo rentals.  Check into a hotel initially and try to find a good guest house or apartment (Soi Buakaew or somewhere close to the action).  If you come during low season, you should be able to find something.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

i agree that a small kitchenette is a must for month stays and longer. i stayed my first trip for a month and learned a lot as to what i dont want. the hotel was pretty nice but it only had a fridge so it really sucked as to living some what normal without the mocrowave etc.. i wont do that again but im now trying to reseaech for good value condo. i looked all over well i was there but just not sure

Noddy, thanks for the info mate.

Yeah love my fishing. Just spent big on a brand new boat. It keeps me occupied for the rest of the year and stops me from sittin' at home dreamin' about Pattaya all year.

Someone asked me if I had to give up fishin' or Pattaya, which would I choose...........I couldn't answer.

And sorry mate, 2 week millionaire...that's me....next year I'll be a 6 week millionaire though if it pans out the way I'm hoping.

Oooh My God. I just work and practice Mixed Martial Arts with some Muay Thai the whole year till my vacation to Pattaya. I already feel sick and tired :-( 

Check out I- rovers luxury apartments. 24 k per month.

+1    im staying there now and they are huge with all mod cons 

Well we are here right now for two months and chose View Talay 2A again best pool around cops lots of shade in the afternoon. Lots of facilities and food in house and it's right on the baht bus route. The bus to Swampy leaves from within walking distance, some of the in- house businesses have free wifi if it's not in the room. Many guests here choose this area it because its away from the madness but still easy to get there.

There is a friendly guy here with condos in great condition and only cost b550 a night. There is cleaning levy for short stays and it's only cost recovery so very fair. If you want contact him just pm me. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Cheers Bunter

Can now edit..

(Can't get edit to work) and [email protected] will also rent his condo's by the night. Hope that helps.

These are in View Talay 2A of course. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Cheers Bunter

Archived