IGNORED

Metro Apartments vs Boomerang Guesthouse

footopic

Hi all;

There are 2 nice guesthouses around soi LK Metro (although Boomerang is at soi buakhao but close). Both have very good reviews on this forum. But, I am having difficulty to choose one of them for my upcoming trip. 

I would like to get your opinions who recently (or previously) stayed at one of them. Which of them is better, Metro Apartments or Boomerang? I am thinking about superior rooms. Hopefully, some of you may help me in choosing one of them.

hello footopic I have just stayed in boomerang guesthouse for 2 weeks and its one of the best guesthouses ive stayed in pattaya and have just booked for 3 weeks on October again I would recommend it to anyone I stayed in 2 of the 3 largest rooms and in one of the medium rooms all very well equipped  lcd tv, aircon, rainforest shower etc and beds are very comfortable as well hope this helps.

Hi I have not stayed at LK Metro so cannot compare but after staying at Areca Lodge for the previous 7 trips, I tried out Boomerang Guesthouse on my last trip in March/April. I stayed in a standard room which was fine but admit on re-booking for August I have gone for the larger room. Boomerang is a well run "guesthouse" where straight off I was made to feel at ease by Tina and the staff was very comfortable and obviously had a great stay as I have re-booked. I later met Michael who is a very easy going laid back Aussie who was very cooperative and friendly. I look forward to my next stay, my only worry is that this place is going to fast become so popular it is going be full all the time.

I just returned from a stay at the Metro apartments on LK Metro.  I have no complaints and only positive things to say about the location.  The rooms are always clean and well kept, any problems I might have had were handled quickly and with out hassle.  The staff always makes me feel like I am a part of the family, that goes for both the day and evening staff.  The location is great if you want to be right next to all the action.  I don't have any real downsides on the place other than it can get a bit noisy when there is a party on the soi, but other than that I had no problem sleep at anytime of the day/night. 

I have heard lots of good about boomerang as well but have not had the chance to stay there. 

IMHO it will boil down to preference on where you want to be.... In the middle of the action OR a few blocks away. 

I have just stayed at The Metro Apartments in Soi  LK. Metro.......It has and will always be my favourite hotel to stay in Pattaya.....The staff in the Metro are excellent, day time/ and night time, as Ruffles mentioned already,

You become a part of their family, as well as Dennis the owner....He will always give you the best of advice, help you in any way he can, which can be invaluable in Pattaya......The rooms are spotless, and the new style bathrooms are something else....All in all you will not find a place in pattaya that will equal, what the Metro has on offer for you.....You are not a room number here, you are part of their family, and you will make many new friends...The aircon bar is very spacious, has free pool tables, and Dennis shows all major sporting events, you will not be disappointed...If you don't believe me Lads, check it out for yourself, Happy hunting..

I just returned from a stay at the Metro apartments on LK metro.  I have no complaints and only positive things to say about the location.  The rooms are always clean and well kept, any problems I might have had were handled quickly and with out hassle.  The staff always makes me feel like I am a part of the family, that goes for both the day and evening staff.  The location is great if you want to be right next to all the action.  I don't have any real downsides on the place other than it can get a bit noisy when there is a party on the soi, but other than that I had no problem sleep at anytime of the day/night. 

I have heard lots of good about boomerang as well but have not had the chance to stay there. 

IMHO it will boil down to preference on where you want to be.... In the middle of the action OR a few blocks away. 

I have just stayed at The Metro Apartments in Soi  LK. Metro.......It has and will always be my favourite hotel to stay in Pattaya.....The staff in the Metro are excellent, day time/ and night time, as Ruffles mentioned already,

You become a part of their family, as well as Dennis the owner....He will always give you the best of advice, help you in any way he can, which can be invaluable in Pattaya......The rooms are spotless, and the new style bathrooms are something else....All in all you will not find a place in pattaya that will equal, what the Metro has on offer for you.....You are not a room number here, you are part of their family, and you will make many new friends...The aircon bar is very spacious, has free pool tables, and Dennis shows all major sporting events, you will not be disappointed...If you don't believe me Lads, check it out for yourself, Happy hunting..

Thanks guys. Your feedbacks are appreciated and very valuable for me. It is nice to hear that you liked your stay there. The most important thing for me is the cleanliness of my room. I don't expect too much but just a daily cleaning and towel refreshment is ok for me. So, Metro Apartments is my choice due to their location. Boomerang is good too but it requires a bit more walking. Besides, the idea of staying in Soi LK Metro area is exciting. 

Thanks again to all friends for your reviews.

I like the proximity of LK but having stayed in both Armageddon and Billabong my only gripe is the post midnight noise (getting old and grumpy I guess).

That said I had a small room for one night in Pasadena Lodge (900THB) facing the rear and it was nice and quiet. Clean but very compact and good wifi. My last trip was to Jomtien and it was great for my Serenity but I did feel a bit out of it despite the motorbike hire.

Can any BM advise on the noise post midnight in Boomerang?

Thanks

I'm currently at the Boomerang and it's great (esp for the price). Mostly dead quiet with very little daytime construction noise from a work site 2-300 meters away.  I've stayed at the Metro and I liked it too but my mate didn't like the beds there. Deffo more noise compared to the Boomerang and probably more now with all the new Gogo's on the soi.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Hi Steamer,

thanks very much for the very quick response, I assume no joiner issues?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Hi Steamer,<br /><br />thanks very much for the very quick response, I assume no joiner issues?<br /><br />Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

No Joiner fee for both guesthouses.

Thanks footopic,

I have emailed them for availability starting end of next week.

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks footopic,<br /><br />I have emailed them for availability starting end of next week.<br /><br />Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

I am sure they will reply quickly and hopefully you will find a room.

Archived