Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Guest house prices in June, how cheap?

kenlay

Hey everyone, I just joined the forum. I'm planning my first trip to Pattaya in June. I'll stay for about 3 weeks. Looking through some old threads on cheap accommodations it looks like people often suggest booking a hotel for the first night or two and then finding something else when you're actually there. I'll probably do this.

I want to keep my accommodation costs quite low so I'll have more money for everything else. What is a reasonable amount to budget for a cheap guest house in June? The only two things I really care about are aircon and location. I want something not too far away from the action. Other than that I don't care whether the place as a pool, tv, or whatever else. Is 300 baht per night possible in June for a stay of 2-3 weeks? Will there be many places to choose from?

Never heard about a Guesthouse for 300B a night. 600B -700B yes. However there are apartments where Thais live for 4000-9000 B Month. Soi 27 naklua just walk to the Back many Rooms in that price range. Also maybe Nirun Condos.

Thanks for your reply. That place looks decent to me for 550/night on a two week stay. Maybe 300 is totally unrealistic, I don't know, I just want to keep accommodation costs as low as possible. The apartments are an interesting possibility but maybe not an option for such a short stay if they charge by the month.

Interesting, never knew May June are considered Mid season, always thought it was LOW season!  :Think1:

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/3.jpg&text=Paradise%20Here%20I%20come%2C%20ready%20or%20not&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2017&month=11&day=19&hour=22&minute=21&second=8&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Try http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/

Some great value rooms there and it is safe and well located!

Room 2c is only 400 a night at the time you are looking to stay.

Bill

during the low season, I have seen signs of 300 bahts a night/, I only wish the Pattaya FL<BG> GG  girls do the same  LOL

cheers, Tommy of Richmond

why sleep if you are going to get up anyway?

Interesting, never knew May June are considered Mid season, always thought it was LOW season!  :Think1:

Yeah, I had never heard of this either. I'm hoping it is rare. I may be a newb, but I'm still pretty sure no one calls June anything other than low season.

Thanks for the Canterbury Tales recommendation, bigbill.  I just checked their website and googled them and they look really good. Glad to know 300 deals do exist, Xymmot, thanks.

In June, there should be lots of availability for cheaper guest houses, is this correct? No need to book in advance?

Rooms on soi chiayapoon/soi bukhaow for as low as 180 baht/night-if you dare :Think1:

Really, 180? I assume by the smiley there must be something very wrong with that area but some cursory googling revealed nothing. Is it unsafe?

Also a place on second road near Tim beer bar use to cost 180 baht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your Addicts discount card and you will receive 10% off this room, 400 per night so only 340 baht per night

Website  Small2C.jpg

or this with the discount only 450 baht per night, now has flat screen TV

Website small 5A.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Get your Addicts discount card and you will receive 10% off this room, 400 per night so only 340 baht per night

attachicon.gifWebsite Small2C.jpg

or this with the discount only 450 baht per night, now has flat screen TV

attachicon.gifWebsite small 5A.jpg

Thats really a bargin price but its 15% off to come to 340 baht - whatever it really looks a bargin at 400 anyway - I dont know how you make a profit.

Nice breakfasts by the way :GoldenSmile1:

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Thats really a bargin price but its 15% off to come to 340 baht - whatever it really looks a bargin at 400 anyway - I dont know how you make a profit.

Go down to beach road after the cafe is closed, you'll see how he makes his money! 555

Bill

I really appreciate that you personally post here Dave, and there is certainly lots of positive comments about your guest house. The rooms look great and the price is excellent as well. I'm leaning heavily in favour of Canterbury now. I'll likely get in touch with you when I get my dates sorted.

I really appreciate that you personally post here Dave, and there is certainly lots of positive comments about your guest house. The rooms look great and the price is excellent as well. I'm leaning heavily in favour of Canterbury now. I'll likely get in touch with you when I get my dates sorted.

you wont go wrong there , ! he is fair and farang so there will be no messing !

my advice , is to go to kbank and open an account ( you need passport and possibly receipt for room , showing your thai address ) and deposit all your cash in the account . you can then use the card they give you to withdraw your money as you need at any kbank ATM , there are dozens around . there is no fee if you withdraw from these atms . there is , however a 15 baht fee to withdraw from any other banks atm 

the reason i mention k bank is they seem the easiest in which to open an account , i went to the branch in central festival on the 4th floor . all their branches and atms are coloured green for easy identification . 

at least your money will be secure and then you will have peace of mind !! :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:

My mistake, yes should be 360, thanks for pointing it out.

Go down to beach road after the cafe is closed, you'll see how he makes his money! 555

Bill

Bill supposed to be our little secret.  :hello09:

Thanks Kenlay, always good to meet new guys.

you wont go wrong there , ! he is fair and farang so there will be no messing !

my advice , is to go to kbank and open an account ( you need passport and possibly receipt for room , showing your thai address ) and deposit all your cash in the account . you can then use the card they give you to withdraw your money as you need at any kbank ATM , there are dozens around . there is no fee if you withdraw from these atms . there is , however a 15 baht fee to withdraw from any other banks atm 

the reason i mention k bank is they seem the easiest in which to open an account , i went to the branch in central festival on the 4th floor . all their branches and atms are coloured green for easy identification . 

at least your money will be secure and then you will have peace of mind !! :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:

Yes certainly a good idea to have a bank account here, common sense.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

hi take a look at our website,we are also on facebook and trip advisor(no2)and check out the reviews,we are on soi 3 in a quiet area but also in the heart of the action and baht buses just a minutes walk,

What are your MONTHLY rates? Cannot see a price on website!

hi take a look at our website,we are also on facebook and trip advisor(no2)and check out the reviews,we are on soi 3 in a quiet area but also in the heart of the action and baht buses just a minutes walk,

Thanks for your reply Roger. Your place looks like a little more than I was hoping to pay though, and it seems there are lots of great options for less than you are asking.

Thanks for your reply Roger. Your place looks like a little more than I was hoping to pay though, and it seems there are lots of great options for less than you are asking.

hi thank you for your comment,dont forget that we give free water,tea and coffee in room and all rooms have air con etc,shower is "ensuite" and not shared and hot as well,i have tried too think of what every one would want from a good quality reasonably priced guesthouse and hopefuly i have got it right,you mention in your post,that you will look around once you are here,hopefuly you will pop in and and i will be more than happy too show you around

Canterbury Tales fits your needs perfectly.

You will need to book in advance and pay a deposit.  I suggest  you do this and not take a gamble on turning up and trying to get a room on the day.

You can do this most of the time however, he is very well known for his budget good value accommodation in the center of the action so has a very good customer base old and new and may not have any availability.

You have asked for advice my advice is book with him ( he has even told you how to pay him less !!!!!!!).

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived