IGNORED

Amari Ocean View

igor90

Hi guys,

I am travelling to Pattaya in June for 5 nights and this time i want to treat myself with a nice hotel. I have been before (stayed in Four Seasons), and while it was a good hotel, this time i want something closer to the action. I know that Amari also is on the opposite side of Walking st on Beach Road, i still think it is a better location than Four Seasons.

I am particularly interested in booking the Deluxe Ocean view room. Has anyone been there and what was your experience? 

thanks

I stayed in a Deluxe Ocean view room for two nights back in July of 2011.

Don't remember the exact details, but It was a nice room, luxurious, very modern and clean, with beautiful views. A lot of value, compared to what you can get back home for same price range. A good way to treat yourself.

I though it really cool the way the bath tub is right behind the bed.

As far as being girl friendly, I had a Devils Den girl that stayed with me for the two days/nights. I was in my room and the front desk called, and they sent her directly to my room without me having to check her in. No charge for girl.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Give the Marriott a look! Great location on Beach Road kind of hidden with an outstanding swim up bar in the pool. And it's girl friendly!

Igor- Try the Marriott, the best and only place to stay in Pats, best staff around and ask for Jomteen in the VIP Lounge and tell her Gangster sent you, real name is John Gray

Thank You, John Gray.....PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!! TEXXXAS THE SHOW WITH OVER TWO DOZEN XXX ADULT FILM STARS AND MORE!!!   AUGUST 17-21st IN HOUSTON, TX. @ HILTON SOUTHWEST, WHERE YOU CAN STAY WHERE THE STARS STAY!!  AND ALL THE DETAILS WILL SOON BE UP ON WWW.TEXXXAS.COM OR LOOK IN  MY MAGAZINE ONLINE WWW.HOUSTONNIGHTMOVES.COM OR YOU MAY CALL ME AT 832-563-3699! ALL PA'S RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION!!!

Unfortunately I have already booked the Amari Deluxe Ocean room, because there were no replies on the topic i just decided to go ahead with the knowledge i;ve gathered from the other topics and forums.

It is definetely girl friendly and the rooms look real nice.

@QuotaMan do you remember if there was in-room massage as well within the services provided by the hotel?

@Smutt Would love to stay but as I said is already too late, but i can definitely pay her a visit over there if people from outside the hotel are allowed to go in the VIP lounge.

I just looked up, I can still cancel my booking and go with Marriot if you guys say that is miles ahead than the Amari. I will pay about $25 more for one night if i go with Agoda (amari is $125 compared to marriot which is $150). What do you guys think? 

Particularly im interested in a nice luxury room with nice views, and good hotel facilities where i can just relax and chill out during the day, and hopefully meet some girls during the day as well.

Well then you really need to consider the Marriott! Best location with an almost "hidden" entry to Beach road. Grounds & pool are an outstanding places to rest 'n replace fluids. 24 hour room service. Girl friendly. Room's are on the small side but neat, and the ocean view rooms are!

Can someone please list the reasons why Marriott would be a better choice for me instead of the Amari? 

From what i have seen, the rooms look quite average, and I have also read that I will need to pay for wifi in the room. Does anyone know if thats true? 

i love both hotels 

the Marriott is closer to Walking Street :WinkGrin1: but if you go with Amari you will be very happy 

tuscan

Can you give me the positives and negatives sides of both hotels please?! Im in a huge dilemma between these two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you give me the positives and negatives sides of both hotels please?! Im in a huge dilemma between these two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First things first buddy...chill. I haven't stayed in either of the hotels, but the feedback for both is positive.

Another couple of options;

(1) Amari Nova Suites...best hotel I have ever stayed in Patts (but not close to beach)

(2) LK Empress...excellent hotel right on Beach Road

For the Marriott - 1) you can walk to Walking Street (important at night when Beach road gets backed up), 2) easy access to baht bus on beach road and second road 3) you can walk to LK Metro.  I have not stayed at the Amari Ocean, but I think the Marriott will not look/feel as modern as the Amari Ocean.

I have cancelled the Amari in order to get the Marriott which currently is only on 20% discount which is around $190 per night, around $50 more compared to what it was few weeks ago. 

Do you guys have any experience with the prices for the mid - June period? Should i wait and see if Marriott will be cheaper or just book another hotel

LK Empress seems to be very nice as well and fits nice in the whole picture with its location and all the facilities. Also the price is quite attractive ($80 pn with breakfast inc)

• 2 weeks later...

First things first buddy...chill. I haven't stayed in either of the hotels, but the feedback for both is positive.

Another couple of options;

(1) Amari Nova Suites...best hotel I have ever stayed in Patts (but not close to beach)

(2) LK Empress...excellent hotel right on Beach Road

I would tend to agree. 3 stays at the Amari Nova and each has been perfect. Almost smack in the middle of Soi 6 and Soi Buakaow as well.

• 3 months later...

Stayed at Amari last trip. Whilst they didn't charge me a joiner for the ladies I bought back (important to note I didn't leave their ID as been with both before) I did see on checkout some receipts which had joiner fee written on them. Also when I emailed hotel they said policy was to charge... Would be careful...!

On a side note I hate how bright the rooms are. The bathrooms are all open plan and curtains don't effectively block sun.

I emailed the Amari regarding their guest policy. The reply was:

We are kindly be inform you that for additional guests staying overnight, utilising existing bedding, that are not registered at time of arrivalwill be charged a supplement THB@1000 net per person per night.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the Amari regarding their guest policy. The reply was:

We are kindly be inform you that for additional guests staying overnight, utilising existing bedding, that are not registered at time of arrivalwill be charged a supplement THB@1000 net per person per night.

Hmmm this is sad to hear.... As i said before i have stayed here 3 times now and never had to pay a joiner fee. Hopefully this is one of those things that while it is "policy" is not enforced. I do not really want to have to find a new place to stay!

• 2 weeks later...

Amari has had a change in General Manager with David Cumming having moved on so I guess the new GM has changed the policy regarding guests?!

Are the Amari Nova apartments still girl friendly?

How easy to get access, seems a little off the main baht bus routes... and getting home late at night could be an issue...

There was only one other customer when I walked in, a guy in his mid-fifties slumped over the bar with half a dozen girls all over him like vultures feeding on a dead buffalo...

Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye

Amari has had a change in General Manager with David Cumming having moved on so I guess the new GM has changed the policy regarding guests?!

Are the Amari Nova apartments still girl friendly?

How easy to get access, seems a little off the main baht bus routes... and getting home late at night could be an issue...

The Amari Nova is a little bit off the baht buss route but not terrible. Maybe a 7 minute walk give or take from Second Road, and about the same from Pattaya Klang. The hotel also offers a free shuttle which will take you most placed along the beaten track.

There are also 2 Mototaxi stands right outside the hotel, which honestly turned into my primary mode of transport. 

Hope this helps!

LK Empress is has been my goto hotel due tot he fact that it's location is right on Beach Road and the price.

I have been to the Marriott for dinner several times but have never stayed there. My last trip I paid US$100 per night for 8 nights for a Beach front apartment with a huge balcony on the fifth floor. It was great sitting out there at sunset watching Beach Road come alive. The girls loved it as well. This was low season (Sept 14)

Comparing it to the Marriott/Amari is not a direct comparison as they are true 5* and LK Empress is 4*. The Marriott is secluded and gives that feel that you could be anywhere in the world with a great swim up bar. None of these things I really use so depends on your wants.

As for the rooms they are maintained to a high 5* standard where the LK hotels tend to slowly deteriorate over time. For the price of the beach front apartment I could of stayed at the Marriott at their cheapest room so for me a no brainer. I hear the best rooms start at the terrace Suites which are $$$.

No matter where you choose you will have a great time and until you can stay at all for you to compare you will never know for sure. Location can not beat The Marriott/LK Empress.

"I like my Dessert first" :GrinNod1: :GrinNod1:

The Amari Nova is a little bit off the baht buss route but not terrible. 8<

Hope this helps!

Yes great help thanks... Amari Nova booked for November [emoji4]

There was only one other customer when I walked in, a guy in his mid-fifties slumped over the bar with half a dozen girls all over him like vultures feeding on a dead buffalo...

Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye

Archived