IGNORED

I-Rover Luxury Apartments

ost22

email says they are totally fully booked for Dec-Jan not a room available for my proposed stay.. shame..i-rovers was always an excelelnt place on previous trips...

Follow my dark tinged 'tweets' on Twitter on Agent 09 Twitter or find me on FACEBOOK as 'Serious Black' (Agent 09), Check out one  of my themed TR 'mini novels' here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/15739-seven-of-oh-nine-7-day-cycles-in-the-bangkok-continuum/  Seven of Oh Nine - my Bangkok adventures in a 7 day period, several instalments 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tried to book over New Years about 6 weeks ago due to recommendation from a mate.

Unfortunately all booked out. Looks nice. Will add it to short list for another time.

I'm a bit of a planner (i get called other names as well), so i booked mine in jan for november!

I'm a bit of a planner (i get called other names as well), so i booked mine in jan for november!

one can never reserve to early for high season. I booked mine in June for january

I stayed 1 week at Irovers Luxury apartments 2 weeks ago...paid  700 THB per night. Got the "B3" room on 1st floor...

Nice guesthouse, big room in a quiet place on the whole...Good pizzeria "Pizza Italy" next to it...

Cleaning is done quickly and can be done until 5:00 Pm (good point)

WI-FI fast and reliable too...

However, i won't book there again since the main drawback is the bed : too noisy and low-quality..

Also, the stairs are very steep and narrow so can be dangerous for the ladies you bring back to your room....and no soap and shampoo provided..

Here are some pics...

10426221_10152370511913691_7028103125522617738_n.jpg

10599168_10152370511748691_5212885581551458322_n.jpg

10606565_10152370511863691_4704240446407402168_n.jpg

10635805_10152370511893691_3163002373011813361_n.jpg

10659192_10152370511733691_8602725042857054073_n.jpg

10659451_10152370511738691_4996472586948844160_n.jpg

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

I stayed 1 week at Irovers Luxury apartments 2 weeks ago...paid  700 THB per night. Got the "B3" room on 1st floor...

Nice guesthouse, big room in a quiet place on the whole...Good pizzeria "Pizza Italy" next to it...

Cleaning is done quickly and can be done until 5:00 Pm (good point)

WI-FI fast and reliable too...

However, i won't book there again since the main drawback is the bed : too noisy and low-quality..

Also, the stairs are very steep and narrow so can be dangerous for the ladies you bring back to your room....and no soap and shampoo provided..

Here are some pics...

OMG!!!!!! No soap & shampoo provided, & they charging 700 bht , FFS get real!!!!!

OMG!!!!!! No soap & shampoo provided, & they charging 700 bht , FFS get real!!!!!

exactly, WTF do you want! The rooms are quite nice and great value for $700 baht.

If you can find me a room better than that for &700 baht, let us know.

Let me be clear, the soap and shampoo stuff was a minor inconvenience for me but the big trouble was really the bed, i don't know for you guys but next time i'd prefer to pay a little more for a better bed...Just try it and you'll see what i'm talking about...

It's my life, it's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just want to live while I'm alive !! (Bon Jovi)

My Cambodia Trip report February 2012

Some filipinas i had mostly for short-time those last 3 years

Bohol Island Trip report September 2011

Unforgotten places : A slideshow of the countries i've been in South-East Asia

Unforgettable people and memories : A slideshow of the nice people i met in South-East Asia

I must of stayed directly above you my bed was excellent

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

• 6 months later...

Is the availability calendar on their website broken  ?, or is the place fully booked forever 

I've tried putting in 2-3 random dates for each month up to Feb 2016, and all rooms are always shown as unavailable.

Thanks

Hard to find rooms,find the rooms to discover you don't check in there(have to check in from another guesthouse which i was never told)only lucked out by bumping into two men coming out who was staying there who told me.

Got to the other guesthouse to find out that they hadn't the room keys for my two rooms.After alot of texts and calls from the guest house to the owner of I-rover rooms,they finally put us in a hotel round the corner.

Not happy as i booked them rooms for a specific reason(I prefer places with out the walk of shame)I got put into a place where you had to walk through an extremely busy bar and restaurant.

Rooms do look great with a good location(going by the internet pictures)and would of liked to stay there.Tried calling the number I found of the place to try speak to the owner or who was in charge but the number was ringing and never picked up

Did also put a review on Agoda but for some reason they didn't put it up(was a truthful review,no bad language etc),and if i remember rightly there was allready a reviews saying about mix ups about the rooms

Did also put a review on agoda but for some reason they didn't put it up(was a truthful review,no bad language etc),and if i remember rightly there was allready a reviews saying about mix ups about the rooms

i also had a mixup , however the new owner Paul , was very helpful in sorting any issues , fair play to him !! 

note : i sent him an email about jaynewcastles post , so hopefully he will respond shortly . one thing may delay a response is that he is getting married shortly !!! :Think1:  :Think1:  :Think1:

i also had a mixup , however the new owner Paul , was very helpful in sorting any issues , fair play to him !!

note : i sent him an email about jaynewcastles post , so hopefully he will respond shortly . one thing may delay a response is that he is getting married shortly !!! :Think1::Think1::Think1:

Seems like there is alot of mix ups,might even try again next month and hopefully have something positive to say

Thank you Guiness for that.

I was surprised to see Feb 2016 fully booked out, but when I started trying every month in between, I came to the conclusion that either the availability calendar is broken, or all the rooms have been let to long-term residents.

Thank you Guiness for that.

I was surprised to see Feb 2016 fully booked out, but when I started trying every month in between, I came to the conclusion that either the availability calendar is broken, or all the rooms have been let to long-term residents.

you are welcome , when marriage/love is in the air , sometimes the ordinary jobs fall down a little   :SoWhat1:

My booking was made direct with Simon at I- rovers sports bar. Has it been sold?

Never had a problem, picked up my key on the corner at Asia backpackers, and left the key there when out and about, always someone there, the Aussie guy and his wife running the place was top notch. Overall, it was a very nice place to stay. And the cleaning gal done a wonderful job. My emails were always answered promptly.

My booking was made direct with Simon at I- rovers sports bar. Has it been sold?

Never had a problem, picked up my key on the corner at Asia backpackers, and left the key there when out and about, always someone there, the Aussie guy and his wife running the place was top notch. Overall, it was a very nice place to stay. And the cleaning gal done a wonderful job. My emails were always answered promptly.

Same for me

Never had any issues and i really like the apartments

When arriving, do you always pick the key up at the Asia Backpacker place ?. I've booked with Agoda, & no mention of this arrangement whatsoever.

When arriving, do you always pick the key up at the Asia Backpacker place ?. I've booked with Agoda, & no mention of this arrangement whatsoever.

Hi,

I've stayed there before and picked up key at Asian Backpackers. I'm staying again in a couple of weeks and will be confirming the same since it has a new owner Paul (as mentioned in an earlier post)

Will let you know (if I remember)

Cheers

yes , when i arrived in late february, i got the key in asia backpackers, paul , the new owner , was actually waiting to meet me . it was at about 2.30 am afaik. 

top guy ! 

i booked with him again about a week ago for a stay in september . he responded within a few hours . ( i emailed him )

I didn't know it was sold. Asia backpackers was the key drop off pick up place. They wanted the keys dropped off there in the evening.

Or when going out.( good idea) nice people there.

Good to know that there is someone new there,going to book again and try it out

Archived