IGNORED

A Noob plans a Follow-up Trip! September 2014- Help me Find a Hotel!

DebutantIndian

Hi Guys,

Like every other addiction, Thailand punches you in the heart (instead of the gut) and blows the wind out of you. And then you're gasping for air.... wanting more.

I've been back from my first trip nearly a month back but I am still reeling with the head rush. And so I'm planning another trip this September. This could well be my last trip before I get married and then I will be diagnosed with the dreaded disease called 'One-gina'.

Jokes apart, though my first trip was amazing and I had loads of fun, it wasn't exactly how I would've wanted it to be. 

You can read about it here: 

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/216457-a-noobs-trip-to-the-land-of-smiles/

There are a host of places I wanted to visit and so many things I wanted to do.  Oblivious to the fact that I had PA at my disposal to plan an awesome and legendary trip that will remain in my memory for the rest of my 'One-gina'-ed life.

My forthcoming posts would be in their respective forums and topics (Like Cheap hotels, Places to Visit, how and where to tick off my sexual Desire boxes) seeking advice and help from all you amazing people!

To stat with I would like to know:

•  Is September a good time to visit Thailand?

My trip will be concentrated to Pattaya and Bangkok (maybe some close by beaches except Coral Islands where I've already been in my last visit). I am looking at 4 days in Patts and 4 in BKK.

Will it be raining? I would hate to wade through water. That would be a major dampener, literally! 

Will it be expensive in September? I am a budget traveler and I am an Indian....so it goes without saying that thriftiness is my virtue :P 

• Budget Hotel: What would be my best bet?

In my last trip I stayed at Nantra De Boutique close to the Beach Road. The hotel was located close to the beach road, but is far from the Walking Street (nearly the other end) That did give me the opportunity to take long walks on the promenade and check the talent out. However it also I never went to WS. 

Didn't even know what Soi 6, 7, 8 were and what all goes down there (will write separately in the concerned forum to know more)

Coming back to Nantra, it charged me USD 51/ per night with breakfast. The rooms were run down but the staff was non-intrusive. Nobody asked for IDs when I got a guest in my room for a ST. Didn't even know threesome was a possibility so don't really know if there would have been a joiner fee for an additional guest. 

Basically I hate the idea of a joiner fee... I wouldn't wanna pay for getting two friends to my room if its for a an hour or two. I can understand if the two women were to stay all night.

SO here's what I seek:

1. Price somewhere below USD 40
  2. Decent spacious rooms. Clean. Provides fresh towels everyday.
  3. Decent Breakfast (not fussy about it)
  4. Guest Friendly (MOST IMPORTANT. Threesome's on my mind. Last trip had no LTs or Threesomes or Anal :'()
  5. Close to the action say like a mid point between Beach Road (I love to walk there and find a hottie) WS (would like to visit it sometime) and the Soi 6, 7, 8 or any other area worth mongering :D
  6. Non- intrusive, non-greedy staff.
  7. Safe & Secure

In BKK I stayed at Omni Towers in Sukhumvit Soi 4. Enjoyed my stay there, since there were a lot of exotic women staying in the hotel waiting to be picked. However it was expensive at USD 65 per night with breakfast. Here too, I hardly saw anything but Soi 4. No Soi Cowboy, No Pat Pong not even Soi 7 or other Sois nearby. 

SO here's what I seek:

1. Price somewhere below USD 40
  2. Decent spacious rooms. Clean. Provides fresh towels everyday.
  3. Decent Breakfast (not fussy about it)
  4. Guest Friendly (MOST IMPORTANT. Threesome's on my mind. Last trip had no LTs or Threesomes or Anal :'()
  5. Close to the action say like a mid point between Soi 4, Soi Cowboy and any other place worth mongering
  6. Non- intrusive, non-greedy staff.
  7. Safe & Secure

I might still choose Omni, considering my stay last time was enjoyable. But who knows if I get a better deal I might want to change.

Hoping to hear from you all. 

DI

I would consider a guesthouse, and sort out your own breakfast, much better value.

Not sure how many baht is 40 USD but I would considering the following

Chow soy

Boomerang

China garden

http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/

Has some very good prices, no ID check, big rooms, 100 yards from LK and only a short Bahtbus ride to Soi 6 and WS.

Bill

September is the rainest month by average in Pattaya by far -- according to statistics, it rains an average of 19 days and the total rainfall is much higher than other months:

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Pattaya-weather-averages/Chon-Buri/TH.aspx

This doesn't mean that it will or will not rain while you are there, but -- if you really want to avoid rain -- I would suggest choosing another month.

I would suggest to you April Suites, got a great deal for about USD$40 all in on Agoda, used the following websites to track and book, plus Agoda has the cheapest price guarantee, which I fully took advantage of which if you book and find a cheaper price for the same days on another website or its own website Agoda would match it.

www.hotelzia,com

www.agoda.com

I also use other sites such as expedia, travelocity, to compare rates, just in case a site has cheaper but do book with Agoda for the price guarantee saved me some decent money to spend at other venues pattaya has to offer good luck, also you can find great deals for Page 10, Citin Lofts, Sea me hotels, as well as other well known establishments, good luck and find that good bargain.

Have been in August/September was pretty fing hot, but hey Gogo's do give you those wet naps the girls wipe you down with when you are sweating bullets

post-22007-0-43851400-1348179382.png

Check it before you Wreck it !!!!

Gamora: Quill, your ship is dirty.

Peter Quill: She has no idea. If she had a black light, this ship would look like a Jackson Pollock painting.

I would consider a guesthouse, and sort out your own breakfast, much better value.

Not sure how many baht is 40 USD but I would considering the following

Chow soy

Boomerang

China garden

40 USD would be more or less 1300 THB....I would prefer something less than that too :P

Has some very good prices, no ID check, big rooms, 100 yards from LK and only a short Bahtbus ride to Soi 6 and WS.

Bill

Thanks Bill. Seems nice and homely. You said no ID checks....does that mean no joiner fee?

Have you stayed there? How much did it cost? There are so many rooms, which one would you suggest? I kinda liked 1C.

I would suggest to you April Suites, got a great deal for about USD$40 all in on agoda, used the following websites to track and book, plus Agoda has the cheapest price guarantee, which I fully took advantage of which if you book and find a cheaper price for the same days on another website or its own website agoda would match it.

www.hotelzia,com

www.agoda.com

I also use other sites such as expedia, travelocity, to compare rates, just in case a site has cheaper but do book with agoda for the price guarantee saved me some decent money to spend at other venues pattaya has to offer good luck, also you can find great deals for Page 10, Citin Lofts, Sea me hotels, as well as other well known establishments, good luck and find that good bargain.

Have been in August/September was pretty fing hot, but hey Gogo's do give you those wet naps the girls wipe you down with when you are sweating bullets

Thanks Trivex. But April Suites looks expensive. Is it guest friendly?? Will also check out the rest of the hotels you've mentioned.

1200bht with all taxes which is still less than 40usd. I checked prices yesterday for end of August there so it should be similar. Its really nice hotel. Better than all guest houses. Of course You can get guest house for half of that. I stayed in guest house during my first trip in march and now I know that I wanna stay in hotel with pool etc. Its my holiday and I know what expect from guest houses etc. Plenty of them are on soi bukhao or in neighborhood which in my opinion is dangerous for pedestrians. Especially 3-8pm is really crowded and there is no footpaths. Its 15-20 minutes by walk to BR or 10 by baht bus.

1200bht with all taxes which is still less than 40usd. I checked prices yesterday for end of August there so it should be similar. Its really nice hotel. Better than all guest houses. Of course You can get guest house for half of that. I stayed in guest house during my first trip in march and now I know that I wanna stay in hotel with pool etc. Its my holiday and I know what expect from guest houses etc. Plenty of them are on soi bukhao or in neighborhood which in my opinion is dangerous for pedestrians. Especially 3-8pm is really crowded and there is no footpaths. Its 15-20 minutes by walk to BR or 10 by baht bus.

1200 thb is April Suites we are talking about?

In the chow soy you can get big room for 600 baht, bigger room for 700 and massive room for 800. I stayed in one of the biggest rooms last trip and it brilliant value for money.

Boomerang has rooms from 500 to 1000, they look very nice rooms and are getting good reviews.

China garden has nice rooms for 700 and jacuzzi rooms for 1200 per night.

I know china garden and chow soy serve food, not sure about boomerang. Lots of places to get breakfast cheap in LK Metro too.

All in good location and in my opinion much better value than hotels but everyone has different tastes.

Thanks Bill. Seems nice and homely. You said no ID checks....does that mean no joiner fee?

Have you stayed there? How much did it cost? There are so many rooms, which one would you suggest? I kinda liked 1C.

No joiner fee whatsoever, LB, Gay male/female friendly.

However no sheep allowed in the rooms so it may be a deal breaker for some of the Taff's 5555555555555

Take a look at his website.

You will be hard pushed to find better for less.

Its no frills accom at a reasonable price with no (hidden) extras.

He has a cafe so you could probably do a deal on Breakfast included in your rental ?.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

There is no joiners fee, even have 3-4-5-6 and there is still none!

I have stayed there twice and it is my choice for future trips, it was about 650 a night and I usually stay in the C building, one with a balcony is good as you can then sit out and take in the Soi. The rooms are large, clean and have everything you need in them. If you ever need anything else? just ask at the book shop and they will do their best to help!

The breakfasts at the cafe are not to be missed either, they have a good group that gets there and it is funny and informative too.

Bill

There is no joiners fee, even have 3-4-5-6 and there is still none!

I have stayed there twice and it is my choice for future trips, it was about 650 a night and I usually stay in the C building, one with a balcony is good as you can then sit out and take in the Soi. The rooms are large, clean and have everything you need in them. If you ever need anything else? just ask at the book shop and they will do their best to help!

The breakfasts at the cafe are not to be missed either, they have a good group that gets there and it is funny and informative too.

Bill

I'm getting a good vibe about this already! Thank you for all the info Bill.

I prefer high end places for comfort and safety President Solitaire in BKK and Marriott in Pats! But if on budget try this out http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/

Thank You, John Gray.....PLEASE DON'T FORGET THE PARTY OF THE YEAR!!!!! TEXXXAS THE SHOW WITH OVER TWO DOZEN XXX ADULT FILM STARS AND MORE!!!   AUGUST 17-21st IN HOUSTON, TX. @ HILTON SOUTHWEST, WHERE YOU CAN STAY WHERE THE STARS STAY!!  AND ALL THE DETAILS WILL SOON BE UP ON WWW.TEXXXAS.COM OR LOOK IN  MY MAGAZINE ONLINE WWW.HOUSTONNIGHTMOVES.COM OR YOU MAY CALL ME AT 832-563-3699! ALL PA'S RECEIVE FREE ADMISSION!!!

Check out www.chilloutguesthouse2-pattaya.com full photos and details.Well under your rates and 5 minutes walk from everywhere. Rooms not huge but why do you need floorsapace when you have king sized bed and big modern bathroom. Maybe like to chase the girls around the room. Can catch them easier in a smaller room. Any number of girls welcome no extra costs sheep included if you can find one in Pattaya.

Check out www.chilloutguesthouse2-pattaya.com full photos and details.Well under your rates and 5 minutes walk from everywhere. Rooms not huge but why do you need floorsapace when you have king sized bed and big modern bathroom. Maybe like to chase the girls around the room. Can catch them easier in a smaller room. Any number of girls welcome no extra costs sheep included if you can find one in Pattaya.

Can't find it on a map!! Where is it??

Have a look at Chada Thai House.It is a guesthouse/hotel at the end of the soi that the Intimate hotel is on.No pool but a modern room with first class furnishings and bathroom and a real quality bed.I didn't want to get out most days.Whats more it is really quiet at night.Got the feeling reception couldn't care less how many women you bring back to your room day & night.The bloke sitting in the chair or lying on the sofa just gives you a smile! Very laid back.Stayed there last July.Can't fault it for the money.I stayed in the Duan Nam Ing? Sunshine hotel,Flipper House,looked at Opey DePlace & the rooms at Chada Thai were better than any of those.

• 4 months later...

Finally blocked a superior B wing room at Flipper Lodge Soi 8 @1360 THB incl of breakfast...

But I am afraid the rooms don't have an in room safe...

Payment will be made when I arrive...

Any thing you guys think I should know??

Get a Pac Safe for the room. Or just carry what you need daily, cash wise, and then hit an ATM. Oh, and most importantly, drink, eat & fcuk yer brains out!

Big Mike.

For me checking the ID is a must. Don't cry when you're robbed or have some other kind of problems with the girls. Somebody say it's a walk of shame but for me it's a walk of safe. It's not a 100% secure but if you want a 3 some sometimes, I would gladly pay the joiner fee.

Archived