IGNORED

Sizzler at Central Festival Mall

Evil Penevil

Sizzler isn't the type of restaurant in which I really want to eat in Pattaya.  In fact, it wouldn't even rank in my top 100 choices.  Not that there's anything  wrong with it - I just stopped eating in American-style chain steakhouses many years ago and I find no reason to start again in Pattaya with its wide variety of restaurants.

However,  a certain young lady I know likes it and really wanted to go there.  I'd vetoed her choice of Sizzler on several earlier occasions, so I thought I could give into her for once.  It wasn't a bad meal, but certainly wasn't a memorable one. It was roughly the same as I remember from the U.S. 25 years ago, although there were some clear nods to Thai preferences, both among the main dishes and at the salad bar.

post-9139-0-29794700-1393388840.jpg

post-9139-0-54432700-1393388855.jpg

There are 40 Sizzlers spread the length and breadth of Thailand. The one we ate in is on the 6th floor of the Central Festival Mall. There's also another Pattaya branch in the Royal Garden Plaza as well as in Choburi, Rayong and Sriracha.

The two young ladies with me split an order of sirloin strip with mushroom sauce:

post-9139-0-50165400-1393390142.jpg

post-9139-0-08941300-1393388844.jpg

while I had the grilled beef sirloin:

post-9139-0-69662100-1393388847.jpg

We all shared a plate of the sesame shrimp as a starter:

post-9139-0-32046200-1393388835.jpg

along with servings from the salad bar:

post-9139-0-73536800-1393388826.jpg

It tasted fine.  The beef was imported from Australia and very tender.  It was cooked as ordered.  Mine was medium rare, the girls' beef was medium and you could see the correct difference in pinkness between the two orders. 

The salad bar comes at no extra cost with every entre ordered. It's extensive and kept well stocked.  Besides all the salad variations and ingredients you can imagine, it includes soup, pasta and fresh fruit. Because you can go back as many times as you like, the salad bar is hugely popular with some tourists.  I was going to take a pic of the salad bar, but that proved impossible because of all the backs in the way. Don't stand too long in one spot  or you're sure to get body-checked by someone rushin' for their favorite salad ingredient. 

The main dishes weren't cheap and the portions were small. However, if for health reasons you're trying to cut down on red meat and fill up on salad, it's not a bad way to go.  I forgot to note the price of each dish, but the total bill came to roughly 1,500 baht, including bottomless soft drinks.  When you  consider the all-you-can-eat salad bar, you can consume a lot of food for the money.

And if  you stay away from the imported steaks, there are plenty of main dishes under 300 baht (chicken, pork, fish, chopped steak) that give great value as the salad bar is still included.  There are also numerous special offers you can read about here:  http://www.sizzler.c...quency_menu.php.   An even better deal is a lunch special for 175 or 199 baht that includes the salad bar.

post-9139-0-44433700-1393386650.jpg

Would I go back to Sizzler?  Maybe for the lunch special, but not for dinner unless I'm with someone who really wants to eat there.  In terms of steak and steak alone, there are better options (Beefeater or My Way) within a few minutes' walk of Central Festival. Normally when I eat steak,  I don't bother about starters and just concentrate on the beef and whatever sides come with it.  But if an all-you-can-eat salad bar is a big attraction to you or someone with you, then Sizzler can fit the bill.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

I eat at Sizzlers when I want a a good quality meal and I only eat at the salad bar,which is perfect for a healthy lunch.

It is a lot more than a salad,more like deli food,

and is great to give the body back some of the vitamins and minerals lost through alcohol..there are a variety of tasty dressings

TGs seem to like it. I went with one to see film at cinema there, and we were going to eat first. She wanted to go to Sizzlers which was fine with me, but they said there was a waiting time of one hour for a table which meant we would have missed the film so we went to another restaurant. Might be they think it's an upmarket sort of place.

"Outback Steakhouse" is a goof fare...but don;t know if they are in Thailand yet

I think the girls do enjoy going to this style ...they can respond to this kind of night out in very positive ways.

I remember the first girl I gave flowers to...illogically positive repsonse

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

When I come back offshore we traditionally go to the one in Lamethong in Rayong. We all enjoy it. Obviously it's not going to win any Michelin stars but it's good enough.

The kids like the stuff they do for them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"I am not a Rapist"

John 3:16

Order the lunch special, pig out on the salad bar, then get the lunch special packed for carryout lol :)

Best salad bar I've found in Thailand. I only get that and the lunch specials, which are during the week. I would be devastated if Sizzler closed--I love salad.

I prefer the one at Royal Garden--much less busy, don't have to fight for the salad bar

"Outback Steakhouse" is a goof fare...but don;t know if they are in Thailand yet

Aren't they in receivership?

"Bring in the logic probe!" - Sark

Sizzler isn't the type of restaurant in which I really want to eat in Pattaya.  In fact, it wouldn't even rank in my top 100 choices.  Not that there's anything  wrong with it - I just stopped eating in American-style chain steakhouses many years ago and I find no reason to start again in Pattaya with its wide variety of restaurants.

However,  a certain young lady I know likes it and really wanted to go there.  I'd vetoed her choice of Sizzler on several earlier occasions, so I thought I could give into her for once.  It wasn't a bad meal, but certainly wasn't a memorable one. It was roughly the same as I remember from the U.S. 25 years ago, although there were some clear nods to Thai preferences, both among the main dishes and at the salad bar.

post-9139-0-29794700-1393388840.jpg

post-9139-0-54432700-1393388855.jpg

There are 40 Sizzlers spread the length and breadth of Thailand. The one we ate in is on the 6th floor of the Central Festival Mall. There's also another Pattaya branch in the Royal Garden Plaza as well as in Choburi, Rayong and Sriracha.

The two young ladies with me split an order of sirloin strip with mushroom sauce:

post-9139-0-50165400-1393390142.jpg

post-9139-0-08941300-1393388844.jpg

while I had the grilled beef sirloin:

post-9139-0-69662100-1393388847.jpg

We all shared a plate of the sesame shrimp as a starter:

post-9139-0-32046200-1393388835.jpg

along with servings from the salad bar:

post-9139-0-73536800-1393388826.jpg

It tasted fine.  The beef was imported from Australia and very tender.  It was cooked as ordered.  Mine was medium rare, the girls' beef was medium and you could see the correct difference in pinkness between the two orders. 

The salad bar comes at no extra cost with every entre ordered. It's extensive and kept well stocked.  Besides all the salad variations and ingredients you can imagine, it includes soup, pasta and fresh fruit. Because you can go back as many times as you like, the salad bar is hugely popular with some tourists.  I was going to take a pic of the salad bar, but that proved impossible because of all the backs in the way. Don't stand too long in one spot  or you're sure to get body-checked by someone rushin' for their favorite salad ingredient. 

The main dishes weren't cheap and the portions were small. However, if for health reasons you're trying to cut down on red meat and fill up on salad, it's not a bad way to go.  I forgot to note the price of each dish, but the total bill came to roughly 1,500 baht, including bottomless soft drinks.  When you  consider the all-you-can-eat salad bar, you can consume a lot of food for the money.

And if  you stay away from the imported steaks, there are plenty of main dishes under 300 baht (chicken, pork, fish, chopped steak) that give great value as the salad bar is still included.  There are also numerous special offers you can read about here:  http://www.sizzler.c...quency_menu.php.   An even better deal is a lunch special for 175 or 199 baht that includes the salad bar.

post-9139-0-44433700-1393386650.jpg

Would I go back to Sizzler?  Maybe for the lunch special, but not for dinner unless I'm with someone who really wants to eat there.  In terms of steak and steak alone, there are better options (Beefeater or My Way) within a few minutes' walk of Central Festival. Normally when I eat steak,  I don't bother about starters and just concentrate on the beef and whatever sides come with it.  But if an all-you-can-eat salad bar is a big attraction to you or someone with you, then Sizzler can fit the bill.

Evil

I have never been to such a Sizzler. They look so McDonalds like.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

I have never been to such a Sizzler. They look so McDonalds like.

Try it, Duvel. It's a huge step up from McD's.

The salad bar especially has to be the cleanest / safest in Patts.

Ive eaten there once. Its ok if you want to get your fill of salad and pasta, but the entrees are average quality at best, however for the price it is pretty good value

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

I agree--the salad bar is the reason to go. The only reason I get the lunch specials sometimes is it's only a few baht more than the salad bar only option.

'Sizzler at Central Festival Mall'? - Bah, thought it was going to be a very hot young lady at Festival! :Cry4: 

Try it, Duvel. It's a huge step up from McD's.

The salad bar especially has to be the cleanest / safest in Patts.

Yesterday I went to Sizzler at the third floor of Royal Garden Plaza (where a Japanese restaurant used to be, if my memory serves me well).

Everything LOOKED very clean indeed.

I ordered the grilled beef loin and a bottle of mineral water (Mont Fleur).

From the salad bar I took the pumpkin soup and some krupuk, some vegetables and as a dessert some fruit and a chocolate mousse.

The dish with the grilled beef loin was cold and the beef had a sweet taste, as if had been marinated in a sugary solution.

The “toast” was very spongy and covered with some kind of sweetened margarine or peanut butter, I guess.

For the grilled beef loin I was charged 479 baht, although on their website there was a promotion of 409 instead of 479 baht ( http://www.sizzler.co.th/en/promotion_imported_beef.php ).

Mai pen rai.

Just before I left Royal Garden Plaza I got a heavy diarrhoea.

Luckily Royal Garden Plaza has decent toilets.

Not for repeat business.

post-73366-0-05417700-1394435667_thumb.jpg

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Sizzler sucks. I'd tolerate the salad bar but that's about it.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

I'm in the one in Central right now. We like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I am not a Rapist"

Sizzler is not that great , a ok menu, some are good some are shit, but salad bar is great.

I'm in the one in Central right now. We like it

remind me to ignore any of your restaurant recommendations from here to eternity. 

remind me to ignore any of your restaurant recommendations from here to eternity.

I'm in with a 5 and 7 year old. I'm not going to take them into high end places that I go when it's me and the Mrs

No doubt someone like you will find fault in that too :)

PS. It's not a restaurant. Which shows the level you actually operate at

You're reply will be predictable.

"I am not a Rapist"

It's not a restaurant? What is it then a car wash?

It's not a restaurant? What is it then a car wash?

You've no class Amigo.

Hook line and sinker

No more replies to someone like you from me. But I strongly advise you to read my posts kidda, you'll learn a lot

Xx

"I am not a Rapist"

5 year olds like McD's not shitty steaks.

You think anyone here cares what a 5 year old likes anyway?

How does Sizzler compare to Santa Fe Steak House chain i see in bkk?

Maybe it is just I am spoilt for choice back home in OZ, but I have seen maybe a handful of steaks I like the look of in Thailand

How does Sizzler compare to Santa Fe Steak House chain i see in bkk?

Maybe it is just I am spoilt for choice back home in OZ, but I have seen maybe a handful of steaks I like the look of in Thailand

I've had 2 decent steaks in Pattaya. One was at the Golf Club and the other at the Beefeater.

Archived