Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Soi Chayapoon may soon be Ghost Chayapoon if...

muffhunter1

Jesus, that room is pretty sobering.

I've found the butterflies and fishes giving the room a romantic 'je ne sais quoi touch' though....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed on Soi Chaiyapoon last trip, for 12 nights. I found after triangle bar closed / quietened down, the noise was minimal

we have these 25 baht per pair

laserlite.jpg

lazerliteearplugs_00.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I've found the butterflies and fishes giving the room a romantic 'je ne sais quoi touch' though....

I don't know about that....lol... joke... as in,...oh, never mind....

we have these 25 baht per pair

attachicon.giflaserlite.jpg

attachicon.giflazerliteearplugs_00.jpg

Dave, some may think this is a joke however i know you have them for sale in your cafe.

Not a bad idea IMO as I have used them on aircraft to get some quality sleep.

I see no big deal doing so in a room ( get back to the room put them in lay down and go to sleep).

Job done.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

It is starting to seem that what was a nice quiet laid back part of the town is no more....need to find a new quiet local.....LK has so many gogos now and I think that affects the area in general.. getting to be now a great place to play but not rest.

Plenty of time to rest when you are dead.

JDM

Fuck, I would not let my Dog sleep in there.

JDM 

There was actually a dog sleeping in there 555555 no kidding!

you are what pattaya was all about!!!!!

men having the time of their life...

now it's all about grandpas who had a great time in pattaya when there young...when they could still maintain an erection...

now they can't....it's all anger and hearing aids...

hey now, the guys with hearing aids aren't the ones complaining about the noise.. they can turn it off, 5555!  I am 60, half my hearing's gone (rock and roll baby!) and have NO problems in the "election" dept either...

anyone ever hear of these amazing inventions called noise canceling head phones, by the way?  

In their country. !!!!!!!!!!

JDM

Do you use that same line of reasoning in "your own country"?  I did once..... when I was about 5 years old.

Do you use that same line of reasoning in "your own country"?  I did once..... when I was about 5 years old.

I hear attitudes like this in the USA all the time ... 

"don't like the country then move out" ... so I moved out  

... Does that mean that the USA is full of people that think like 5 year old's .. ?? 

Probably ....  :WinkGrin1:

I am not really sure about the idea of combining a late night party/karaoke bar at the same site as accommodation?

In Soi Bouakho the R-con hotel introduced a bar down stairs a few years ago. The same deal, horrendous, overly loud karaoke, sometimes as late as 4.30 in the morning,  Right at the base of the hotel where you have booked accommodation.

I like to go out, return late most nights like most people. Haha, there always seems to be a karaoke party on the night when you want to have a night in! The bar seems to be run by some good guys, but you can't stay on one side of the hotel any more.

Sometimes I just dont understand things and this is one of those times

A soi full of bars and someones complaining about the noise at night ?, errr sorry but what do people expect ?

I sleep soundly without having to resort to ear plugs.

If I couldnt sleep because of noise I would move, but of course I wouldnt stay on or near a soi full of bars to start with.

Sorry, but it just seems  so very obvious that Im puzzled as to why a Soi full of bars should be quiet, even well after midnight - the OP is just staying in the wrong place.

As for the bars which are noisy - well its their business and unless there is some law against making excessive noise after X o,clock  (which is actually enforced of course) they obviously dont give a shit what anyone else thinks, maybe they are making money and thats what its all about, if they are not they will go bust and so the noise will stop.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

I hear attitudes like this in the USA all the time ... 

"don't like the country then move out" ... so I moved out  

... Does that mean that the USA is full of people that think like 5 year old's .. ?? 

Probably ....  :WinkGrin1:

The US: Love it or leave it.

As Well as Running a bar on the Soi i live here in the soi and yes some of the parties can be a bit loud but that's how the Thais do it. I find that by 2 in the morning most of the music and singing have stopped. the other week we have 4 parties in 5 days along a small area of massage parlous.  No big deal really a set of head phones or better still go and join them they will always welcome you in with a drink and a dance.  

We also now have a nice Biker bar and those beasts that they drive can make more noise and wake you up then some Thai Singing and usually around 6 in the morning. 

Parties, Music, Fun, laughing, girls screaming out Welcome etc that's what Pattaya is all about and that's what your going to find on a soi with bars and massage parlous. 

Join the party Facebook.com/trianglebar

As Well as Running a bar on the Soi i live here in the soi and yes some of the parties can be a bit loud but that's how the Thais do it. I find that by 2 in the morning most of the music and singing have stopped. the other week we have 4 parties in 5 days along a small area of massage parlous.  No big deal really a set of head phones or better still go and join them they will always welcome you in with a drink and a dance.  

We also now have a nice Biker bar and those beasts that they drive can make more noise and wake you up then some Thai Singing and usually around 6 in the morning. 

Parties, Music, Fun, laughing, girls screaming out Welcome etc that's what Pattaya is all about and that's what your going to find on a soi with bars and massage parlous. 

Of course your gaff has no rooms does it?. I accept all that is said but in this case the OP was right. It was the loudest I have have heard in Pattaya in this instance. If it was like that every night I doubt Triangle bar would have a month to live.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I don't know about that....lol... joke... as in,...oh, never mind....

Je ne sais quoi ( i don't know what in French)

The expression is used by hiso ( or more likely wannabe hiso) Flemish people to describe something they don't find the right words for.

As in:

The truffels added a certain je ne sais quoi to that dish that made it magical.

I thought the expression was appropriate to describe the butterflies in the room :-) After all, it's a ST room, i'm sure they are meanth to give the room a romantic touch 555555

I was alluding to the fact that "thais do this without thought for others. from other countries.

apologies for any misunderstanding.

From the posts so far I think we are all on the same page.

Its still fun other wise we would not come to visit.

JDM

I was staying here for all of Feb. At the Buakhow end and I am a light sleeper. My room overlooked the soi . But it's amazing what you can get used to after a while. The regular music from the bars I got used too after a few nights , but it was those 4 or 5 parties with hired equipment that was soul destroying. Especially the one from the first bar opposite Triangle. Part of the problem is the bass. Thais love to crank up the subwoofer till buildings start to shake. You notice it with the cars driving around with selling fruit or spouting political crap. Even in the cinema the volume is deafening. It really does seem to be a Thai thing with excessive volume. It's waaay beyond reasonable or necessary.

I was staying here for all of Feb. At the Buakhow end and I am a light sleeper. My room overlooked the soi . But it's amazing what you can get used to after a while. The regular music from the bars I got used too after a few nights , but it was those 4 or 5 parties with hired equipment that was soul destroying.

Yeah that's the point some of the posters are missing. Some people are saying, "Well I walked down that soi last night and it was quiet. Whats the problem."

95% of the time the soi is quiet. Very quiet. Can't hear anything from outside inside the room.

Music coming from inside a building isn't too bad. The building muffles it. But when they set up a band out on the street its nuts. Nothing between the speakers and the windows of your room.

But it isn't just Soi Chayapoon that has this problem. Every street that has a bar in Pattaya has a street party at some time during the year.

I don't think it would matter where you stay, you are still going to get it from time to time.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

There will be a lot of construction noise to deal with in the near future because a condominium is being built at the intersection of Soi Ecite and soi Chayapoon.

There will be a lot of construction noise to deal with in the near future because a condominium is being built at the intersection of Soi Ecite and soi Chayapoon.

Not quite the intersection but along the way a little where the bowling green and beer garden was, not far sure and be interesting to see as no one seems to know whats being built, have you heard its condo's on hearsay or do you know ? 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Dave, some may think this is a joke however i know you have them for sale in your cafe.

Not a bad idea IMO as I have used them on aircraft to get some quality sleep.

I see no big deal doing so in a room ( get back to the room put them in lay down and go to sleep).

Job done.

JDM

FYI, had ear plugs in and the decibel level of the music outside was that to rival the outside of the aircraft you were flying in. Point #2 I had a Thai girl in the room who could not sleep with that kind of noise level either. This was NOT typical street noise. Sorry you miss the point.

I'm staying in Soi Chaiyapoon very near Barbie where there was a party. It was phucking loud and stopped at 2:20 as I remember. Ear plugs wouldn't get the job done. As chance would have it I took that night off as my body was pissed off after nights of abuse. So I was in my room for the whole thing except when I went out for a kabab. It was very annoying.

However this is Pattaya and if you are staying near the action sooner or later you will have will have one of these parties in your neighborhood. The Thais seem to love but it always drives me away from the area of bars if I'm out and about. But hey it comes with the territory IMO. Go to a Morlam and stand in front of the speakers and it won't bother you so much next time. Or better yet don't go to a Morlam. :GoldenSmile1:

Interesting about the upcoming construction on Soi Xzyte. For some reason it hadn't occured to me it would be a condo. Will be interesting to see what developes. I guess they are waiting for rainy season before they start... :Think1:  :GoldenSmile1:

Archived