Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sunshine Hotel & Residences

mamriet

Hello all,

In my second trip to Pattaya i have stayed in the Sunshine hotel & Residence in soi 8.

Very good located hotel in the middle of soi 8 near all the action (bars). 

I have stayed in the New wing which have decent rooms and nice flat screen tv, safe, air conditioning and a shower with a little bit see through glass which I think is very sexy :D (I dont know if the rooms in the old wing also have see through glass in the showers)

Didnt had any trouble with the music playing in the street, it was not to loud and didnt disturb me in any way.

The staff are really friendly, the breakfast is of really high quality and you have many choices.

Every day you get clean towels and sheets. The 3 swimming pools are great and not in any way dirty.

Its just a short walk from the beach where i love to chill in the afternoon. 

Its a very girlfriendly hotel.the hotel reception always asks for the ID of the girls u bring back.

The price is also good its not really expensive, great value for your money.

I really recommend staying here if you are looking for a not to expensive and very decent hotel.

I was wondering if some of you guys have stayed in the old wing and could tell me how the rooms are in the old part of the hotel.

Are they any good? because I was thinking of maybe booking a room in the old wing next time :)

What was the price per night. Had room king size bed?

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Wasn't this the place that wants to take photos of the girls you bring back , did that happen and if it did how did the girls react ?

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

No they dont take photos of the girls you bring back to the hotel.

The room has a fridge , but no microwave. and ofcourse they do have king size beds :)

The rates are around 1250 baht for a room in the old wing and 1450 in the new wing (this is in low season)

Sunshine hotel is always my hotel of choice. I would spend the extra and stay in the new wing, the old wing is showing its age, but its still ok.

They are very joiner friendly, and no photos are taken, they do keep your ladys id, good security IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Sunshine hotel too. If you get a room on the upper floors of the old wing you have a balcony overlooking the sea! It has a draw back - as cathay777 said - by being rather old. Once the aircondition was so loud I had to call someone to fix it. They were quick and after that I had a great stay. Loved to finger my girl on the balcony ;-)

I would only give 2 out of 5 stars for the breakfast, was not impressed.

i have stayed over 5 trips in sunshine hotel old wing. last time i stayed in the new wing and found the room to be too small. shifted into the old wing and always took the room facing the beach. i recomend you take the room facing the beach in the old wing. it is the biggest room they have for now and the view is just fabulous

• 4 weeks later...

I have stayed for 3 weeks last year in the tower wing. Superb quality for the price and If you find their promo prices (485baht plus Service charges 10% & hotel tax 7%)  nothing can beat that.  :GoldenSmile1:

When making reservation at agoda

How we chose the new wing or old wing.?

Tower wing new wing.

Residence wing old wing.

hotel wing standard wing.

stayed there for a day. its a shit hotel. completely shit. never in a budget hotel ever again

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?

Planned NYE's trip 2 months in advance. Turns out every hotel was sold out. Somehow managed to reservation in Sunbeam for some 4000 baht per night which is a minute walk from Sunshine. However, Sunbeam said they have no rooms on the 31st, so I stayed in Sunbeam on 29th and 30th, then went to Sunshine on 31st and back to sunbeam on 1st and 2nd. Looking at the photos, sunshine rooms looked decent enough to spend one night. 

So I checked out at around 12 from Sunbeam, popped into Sunshine and they said checkin time 2.00. No problem, but the receptionist said she will get my room ready by 1.00. Okay, great. I went bowling with my barfine and came back at 3. Room not ready. Few pissed off farangs sitting in lobby and their leader calmly trying to checkin. They had 4 rooms and were given only 1. I waited patiently till 3.30 then asked the receptionist why is it taking so long. She said please sit and we will call you and ignored my next question. I had full cash on me so didn't wanted to go drinking until I had kept the money in the safe of room. I told the bell boy I am at the sunshine cafe and call me whenever my room is ready. He was a trainee but by far the most professional guy in the hotel. So till 4 I am just sitting drinking cocktails. FInally the guy comes and says your room is ready. Went to the reception to see the farang still trying to get his 4th room. Okay  given this was high season but you should know how to manage a hotel

As soon as I entered the room, I was like wtf is this? AC made some noise, took long time to cool, beds little hard, toilets rubbish. Okay given I came down from 4k per night to 1.2-1.8k per night (don't remember), but still this was horrible. Had no option and because I had not slept the whole previous night, I got the nights rest. 

Got up early next day, went to sunbeam to see if i could check in early and they handed me over my keys immediately. 

This hotel seems to be popular and have some good reviews, so I would say its my personal taste to not stay in budget accommodation. 

Planned NYE's trip 2 months in advance. Turns out every hotel was sold out. Somehow managed to reservation in Sunbeam for some 4000 baht per night which is a minute walk from Sunshine. However, Sunbeam said they have no rooms on the 31st, so I stayed in Sunbeam on 29th and 30th, then went to Sunshine on 31st and back to sunbeam on 1st and 2nd. Looking at the photos, sunshine rooms looked decent enough to spend one night. 

So I checked out at around 12 from Sunbeam, popped into Sunshine and they said checkin time 2.00. No problem, but the receptionist said she will get my room ready by 1.00. Okay, great. I went bowling with my barfine and came back at 3. Room not ready. Few pissed off farangs sitting in lobby and their leader calmly trying to checkin. They had 4 rooms and were given only 1. I waited patiently till 3.30 then asked the receptionist why is it taking so long. She said please sit and we will call you and ignored my next question. I had full cash on me so didn't wanted to go drinking until I had kept the money in the safe of room. I told the bell boy I am at the sunshine cafe and call me whenever my room is ready. He was a trainee but by far the most professional guy in the hotel. So till 4 I am just sitting drinking cocktails. FInally the guy comes and says your room is ready. Went to the reception to see the farang still trying to get his 4th room. Okay  given this was high season but you should know how to manage a hotel. 

As soon as I entered the room, I was like wtf is this? AC made some noise, took long time to cool, beds little hard, toilets rubbish. Okay given I came down from 4k per night to 1.2-1.8k per night (don't remember), but still this was horrible. Had no option and because I had not slept the whole previous night, I got the nights rest. 

Got up early next day, went to sunbeam to see if i could check in early and they handed me over my keys immediately. 

This hotel seems to be popular and have some good reviews, so I would say its my personal taste to not stay in budget accommodation. 

Sorry to hear about that, but you know how things are in Patts during new year.

They propably gave you their worst room in the old wing. 

Archived