IGNORED

Overthinking

shearer68

Well this is my fourth upcoming trip next week and for 5 days we are booked in at a couple of villas run by the excellent Geoff from Pattaya Holiday Villas [works out cheap and gives us privacy]. However I am arriving a night early on 31st and needed to book a hotel for one night. I have not stayed in a hotel in Pattaya before so used this forum,Trip Advisor and reviews on the booking sites to get an idea. What a mistake -god the contrasting views nearly make it impossible to make a decision and I deinitely overthought my choice -so much so i missed out on a couple of places I decided to go for! It seems that Friday 31st of the month is one hell of a busy day!

Billiabong had one room but my favoured choices of LK Renaissance or Empress or Boomerang were gone and full and I think I pissed off Yik at Dancewatchers with my mails trying to get a condo at VT6.

Eventually decided on Sea Me Too via Agoda -and I think that may well have been one of the last rooms. Seems like a good location and a pleasant enough place for one night

I think if I need to do it next time I will definitely just make a much quicker choice with just a little research.  

I know it is high season -are the bars really that busy cos judging by the hotels in Pattaya, the political troubles certainly don't seem to be putting people off!

I stayed at Sea Me last February and REALLY liked it -- nice size room; good staff; good cashew chicken (in my opinion) in the little place in the lobby.

Some "tips" from my stay:

- I like a lot of pillows.  Don't know why, but I like to have 4 pillows on my bed, not 2.  I also like extra towels (that one is pretty self-explanatory to ANY BM!) and like to have at least one "back-up" roll of toilet paper (again, 'nuff said).  I spotted the maid on my very first day, slid her 100 baht and filled her in on these 3 requests....never had to think about them again, as she took great care of me!

- maybe I'm a little slow, but for the first night or 2, I carried the big ass room key with me.  Around the 3rd night, I saw someone hand theirs to the desk girl when they were going out....DUH!  Drop the key off at the front desk and pick it up when you get back.  TG leaves her i.d. at the same time.  Easy, peasy.

- there is a Family Mart or some kind of little shop a few doors up (towards Second Road).  Not the best prices in Pattaya, but a convenient place to stock up your room.

Have fun!  As noted, I really liked it and think Soi 10 is a great location -- not too far from everything and a short walk from Sea Me to Beach Road or Second Road, depending upon the direction you need to go!

31st jan is chinese new year. Thats prob why busy.may be a few loud fireworks thrown in just to keep you on your toes. If your interested in dragons I recomend frog bar on ws around 9 30pm.im told its the only night bms are allowed to be seen with a camera on ws happy new year have a ball.

I stayed at Sea Me last February and REALLY liked it -- nice size room; good staff; good cashew chicken (in my opinion) in the little place in the lobby.

Some "tips" from my stay:

- I like a lot of pillows.  Don't know why, but I like to have 4 pillows on my bed, not 2.  I also like extra towels (that one is pretty self-explanatory to ANY BM!) and like to have at least one "back-up" roll of toilet paper (again, 'nuff said).  I spotted the maid on my very first day, slid her 100 baht and filled her in on these 3 requests....never had to think about them again, as she took great care of me!

- maybe I'm a little slow, but for the first night or 2, I carried the big ass room key with me.  Around the 3rd night, I saw someone hand theirs to the desk girl when they were going out....DUH!  Drop the key off at the front desk and pick it up when you get back.  TG leaves her i.d. at the same time.  Easy, peasy.

- there is a Family Mart or some kind of little shop a few doors up (towards Second Road).  Not the best prices in Pattaya, but a convenient place to stock up your room.

Have fun!  As noted, I really liked it and think Soi 10 is a great location -- not too far from everything and a short walk from Sea Me to Beach Road or Second Road, depending upon the direction you need to go!

Good advice. One more tip, carry the hotel business card with you. Makes it easy to show to motorsai, baht bus, taxi driver to get your ass home when your brain is working at less than 100%.

Archived