Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

R-Con Residence

Wombat 69

Has anybody recently stayed here.

My last trip was in july of 2011 and I found the R-Con a great place to stay.

Had stayed there on 2 previous trips.

Some recent reviews on Trip Advisor are not good.

Would like to stay there again as I am planning a trip some time this year but not if things have gone downhill.

Reviews indicated lack of service, soiled or torn  line, maids going thru personel stuff etc.

I am a bit concerned at the remarks in the reviews as I did not expeirance any of this

They were charging 600 baht a night low season and 700 high season.

I was dealing with manager at the time called Ooy, have emailed her but no reply.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have stayed there several times and my 50/50 reviews are posted on trip advisor under my handle

but a recap;

good;

cheap

close to action street

beer bar complex has some good talent and a lot better priced than the gogos

walking distance to everywhere I wanted to go

bad;

smell from shower drains sometimes is bad

maids were good but never consistent

noise from the beer bar complex was bad right thru to 6am every night in dec and no rooms wereavailable on the action street side

night desk guy knows very little english

wifi is pay or use lobby

night guy can no longer sell the wifi card

breakfast was terrible...

I have stayed there several times and my 50/50 reviews are posted on trip advisor under my handle

but a recap;

good;

cheap

close to action street

bad;

noise from the beer bar complex was bad right thru to 6am every night in dec and no rooms wereavailable on the action street side

wifi is pay or use lobby

I think you are referring to their sister hotel "The BLUE Ratree"!

The R-Con residence is where I used to stay on 5 occasions until 2 years ago & it is still VFM IMHO! The only bad mark I would give it is the Shower/Toilet resembles a dog kennel!

but a recap;

good;

cheap

close to action street

bad;

wifi is pay or use lobby

I have only been there in low season and always managed to get a decent room on either the 6th or 7th floors away fron all the din.

The young guy who owned the Bar downstairs was Daniel and he also owned the one across the street, talent wa sbetter there and yes the bathroom is a poke hole and breakfeast is shit so I go to the sailor bar cheaper and nicer. From what your saying it is still much the same then. Thanks for your imput.. Cheers

Stay here twice a year and never a problem ,bathroom is small but the bedrooms are a good size

They are really bad at replying to emails and you are better to give them a call in the day time.

The bar down stairs and over the road are owned by a aussie guy and his two sons .

Great place to start your night off and cheap beers 

Stay here twice a year and never a problem ,bathroom is small but the bedrooms are a good size

They are really bad at replying to emails and you are better to give them a call in the day time.

The bar down stairs and over the road are owned by a aussie guy and his two sons .

Great place to start your night off and cheap beers 

Yes dddd, had many a sesiion downstairs before going to my room with my GF.

I had no problems when I stayed there last in 2011. Just hoping things have not changed.

Great spot with markets and food stalls oposite, Family Mart and 711 handy, barbers, massage and just about everything you could need at your finger tips not to mention an easy walk to Soi's 7&8 and LK Metro and on the bus route.

Quality of BG's downstairs was bad when I stayed there, across the rd much better. What I really liked was the size of the room and the price low season 600 baht which is when I go. Lady at front desk I used to email was named Ooy is she still there?

Thanks again

Yes dddd, had many a sesiion downstairs before going to my room with my GF.

I had no problems when I stayed there last in 2011. Just hoping things have not changed.

Great spot with markets and food stalls oposite, Family Mart and 711 handy, barbers, massage and just about everything you could need at your finger tips not to mention an easy walk to Soi's 7&8 and LK Metro and on the bus route.

Quality of BG's downstairs was bad when I stayed there, across the rd much better. What I really liked was the size of the room and the price low season 600 baht which is when I go. Lady at front desk I used to email was named Ooy is she still there?

Thanks again

There was three girls working on the front desk ,The girl i spoke too was called Su 

Seems to be different girls working in the bar every time i stay there

Hope to be back in Patts in the next few weeks and will stay here again.

Hope this helps 

There was three girls working on the front desk ,The girl i spoke too was called Su 

Seems to be different girls working in the bar every time i stay there

Hope to be back in Patts in the next few weeks and will stay here again.

Hope this helps 

Yes, thanks

Archived