IGNORED

Canterbury Tales Cafe Oct 2013

Immortal25

Here's a simple review of the place. It's my first trip to Patts and I decided to stay here with my mates. Obviously I took a room to myself. To keep the review short and sweet I'll put them in point forms. 

Pros: 

- No noise even from the nearby Oasis Agogo. 

- Very near the baht bus route.

- Quiet and private as in not too near the other gogos that you can't bring a different chick every night without incurring the Wrath of the thai ladies!

- Spacious room for such a budget! You can't ask for more!

- Dave's wife was especially helpful in breaking down the big notes. 

- Away from the Walking Street mess with its own share of LK Metro gogos!

Cons:

- Dave didn't give me the rooms requested via email. 

- The safe wasn't working when we arrived. It was locked.

- Shower position was quite crappy, you can't aim it downwards as seen in my picture. 

- Far from WS...definitely not walking distance especially if you plan on going home for a fuck and then out again to the bars.

13100037.jpg

13100028.jpg

13100029.jpg

13100030.jpg

13100031.jpg

13100032.jpg

Canterbury Tales Cafe Bathroom.mp4

Canterbury Tales Cafe Room.mp4

Canterbury Tales Cafe Toilet Sink.mp4

I apologise if you were not given the room we agreed on, but if you remember things changed a few times and dates/number of people and I remember you mentioned no problem with which rooms later on, often the safes need reset as many /most people do not know how to use them so when you check in etc we reset them and show guests how they work.

Thank you for pointing out the shower problem, I will look into it, does the water not spray out then down ? I will check it out.

Did you use the baht buses / motorbike taxi's to and from Walking Street, I remember we chatted about that.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hi Dave, thanks for replying. 

Let me address the issues in point.

1. I think I told you exactly which rooms we were interested in. Can't remember if you told me you can't promise the exact rooms but it would be great if in the future we could get the rooms we want. After all, we go through the booking process and having seen the rooms in your website, I suppose some would have envisioned their rooms to be as it is on the site. 

2. Yes the safe isn't a big issue; your boys got it done for me the next day. I just put it in the cons section because we arrived at late evening and obviously the cafe was closed and your boys just left after opening the door to the room and passing the keys. So meaning, we couldn't get any proper help till the next day; thus a bit frustrating that one. Of course I could have called you on the dot but I think that's besides the point. Your boys could have orientate the guests a bit there. 

3. The shower head is ok...it's just that the stand where you put the shower back on; you can't tilt that so this means the shower is shooting straight ahead. I had to stand a few feet away from the shower to get the water raining down nicely on my head.

4. Yes, we took the baht bus but come late night or rather early morning; the baht buses seem to cease moving and park by the roadside. These buses ask for a fix amount and a high one too. And when you get a girl with you, it's always tough to be a CC...you'll end up a LDOP for the girls' sake. So my point was it being far and perhaps not worth it from WS gogos region. 

4. Yes, we took the baht bus but come late night or rather early morning; the baht buses seem to cease moving and park by the roadside. These buses ask for a fix amount and a high one too. And when you get a girl with you, it's always tough to be a CC...you'll end up a LDOP for the girls' sake. So my point was it being far and perhaps not worth it from WS gogos region. 

Never been asked for more than 150 Baht from them, and dont think I have ever paid more than 100. I really don't think that is what anyone would class as a high amount!

Bill

EDIT-

2. Yes the safe isn't a big issue; your boys got it done for me the next day. I just put it in the cons section because we arrived at late evening and obviously the cafe was closed and your boys just left after opening the door to the room and passing the keys. So meaning, we couldn't get any proper help till the next day; thus a bit frustrating that one. Of course I could have called you on the dot but I think that's besides the point. Your boys could have orientate the guests a bit there. 

I think he has a point Dave, it really is 'besides the point' that you give your mobile number out for anyone who has any problem whilst staying with you! Personally I think you should stand in the stairway until needed! 555

Never been asked for more than 150 Baht from them, and dont think I have ever paid more than 100. I really don't think that is what anyone would class as a high amount!

Bill

EDIT-

I think he has a point Dave, it really is 'besides the point' that you give your mobile number out for anyone who has any problem whilst staying with you! Personally I think you should stand in the stairway until needed! 555

Tried that Bill but got no offers.

Immortal, points listened and noted.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hi Guys

When i stopped at Dave's in October/November and went to WS i know there are less

baht buses running over night but i always flagged one down on 2nd road and get off

at Mike's department store opposite Kiss restaurant up soi diana and then home to room

cost 10 baht

May be different of course if your pissed and need to be dropped off at your room then

can be expensive that way.

Yup there are definitely less at night...and I had trouble because my pals left me with my babe and sometimes when you get a little bit more pissed...and also being the first time here in Patts, I really found it hard to orientate myself. But anyway what's important is thankfully nothing untoward happened to me during those wee hours lol!

Archived