Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

18 Coins a joke.

forest51

Ok just getting this off my chest.

Recently had an opportunity to fly across from Phils for a week in Patts just before Xmas.

Knew fro experience that it would b hard to get a hotel at short notice, but tried all my favourites in the Buwkao and LK Metro area, but came up empty.

But 18 coins hotel emailed me back confirming a standard room for my dates...so pressure was off.

Then day I am flying into Bangkok , It's midday and I get an email from a reservations manager telling me "that they are busy so gave my room to a walk in!!!!!!"

I called them from airport and said but u had confirmed room for ME, I have ur confirmation email!! ....how can u then just give room to someone else?? The reply was....we are busy.....what tha?? hhahahhahahhahahha

Anyway I got a room in LK Metro and had a great trip anyway, but seriously what a poor way to do business.

I used to eat at their resteraunt at least 3 times a week and breakfast every morning.every time I'm in Patts, 5 times a year.......BUT my personal protest is to never set foot in the place again.

Ok feel better now..:)

Obviously you thought the food to be excellent so WTF would you "Bite your nose off etc"? Just seems a petty action to me & wouldn't hurt them one iota! Still if it makes you feel happy.

Ok just getting this off my chest.

Recently had an opportunity to fly across from Phils for a week in Patts just before Xmas.

Knew fro experience that it would b hard to get a hotel at short notice, but tried all my favourites in the Buwkao and LK metro area, but came up empty.

But 18 coins hotel emailed me back confirming a standard room for my dates...so pressure was off.

Then day I am flying into Bangkok , It's midday and I get an email from a reservations manager telling me "that they are busy so gave my room to a walk in!!!!!!"

I called them from airport and said but u had confirmed room for ME, I have ur confirmation email!! ....how can u then just give room to someone else?? The reply was....we are busy.....what tha?? hhahahhahahhahahha

Anyway I got a room in LK metro and had a great trip anyway, but seriously what a poor way to do business.

I used to eat at their resteraunt at least 3 times a week and breakfast every morning.every time I'm in Patts, 5 times a year.......BUT my personal protest is to never set foot in the place again.

Ok feel better now.. :)

Name and shame saves others from getting screwed around. Thanks for the heads up.

Obviously you thought the food to be excellent so WTF would you "Bite your nose off etc"? Just seems a petty action to me & wouldn't hurt them one iota! Still if it makes you feel happy.

Another thread suggests that the food has gone to pot as well.

I only went there to eat once - bit like school dinners except the dinner ladies were nicer.   :WinkGrin1:

ote name="twelveinch" post="2502041" ="1389851582" date="Today, 04:53 PM"]

Two Incher.. U see.... after the way they cancelled my booking I wouldn't eat at 18 coins even of it was free !!!!

What u consider petty , I consider a matter of principal.

I agree that It will have no impact on them but it makes me happy not to spend any of my baht in a place, that operates the way they do. There's plenty of other places to eat..and stay

I don't need u to get it Two Incher , its just my way, wether right or wrong xx

... I get an email from a reservations manager telling me "that they are busy so gave my room to a walk in!!!!!!"

I called them from airport and said but u had confirmed room for ME, I have ur confirmation email!! ...

If you ended up sleeping on the beach and getting robbed and beaten by LBs they would be liable.

went there for sunday lunch once, I grew a beard waiting for my food.

18 Coins has been going downhill for a while now :GoldenSmile1:  better to name and shame though.

If i had a conformation e-mail regarding a booked room and this happened to me i wouldnt set foot in the place again either,nomatter how nice the food might be.Its hardly petty,its utterly shit business practice.

went there for sunday lunch once, I grew a beard waiting for my food.

The service is timed by a calendar not a stopwatch there - I stopped going after having to wait around 30 minutes on my last 2 visits, and thats not including the time it takes for one of the staff to even bother to come to your table with a menu.

Far too many other options very near to waste your time going to this place.

Never go to eat there and judging by the OPs experience never go to stay there - in other words just pretend it doesnt exist.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Good the OP pointed out the way you might get treated , this place one to cross of me list .

if they did it to you maybe you'd have a change of heart

Thanks for the heads-up, were considering staying there in 2 weeks, but i guess not now...

Hmmm...Doesn't really matter where it happens, Thailand, at home, abroad.....if you had reservations confirmed and they gave your room away, that's just bad business.  Thanks for the heads up Op......

Mate there are 6790 users on line most will take a look at this thread and tell mates who will tell mates.

You do the math's , Its a lot of guys who will give the place a miss !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Yes, a hotel should honor a Reservation. But as long as there was no Deposit involved, the hotel will never be sure if the Customer will turn up or not. Some Guys make a reservation, then "forget" to cancel. I remember a thread in one of the Phil forums where a Guy told he is making reservation with 4 hotels if he does not know the place. Then goes there and takes the hotel he likes the most, means 3 hotels will be with a empty room. 

Best would be if the hotel would take a Deposit (for example one night). So the hotel has something if a guest is not turning up. 

Not having a pop at you in any way at all but do you realise the restaurant is nothing to do with the hotel and is run by a Scottish bloke ?

I have always wanted to try both hotel and restaurant.  I heard that the hotel rooms are very small so never got around to booking one.

I did go in the restaurant but left when i found out they allowed smoking. 

Was going to stay there one time but found out they haven't got a pool. I use to like the breakfast dish up but sounds like that's gone to shit too, matching their customer service. Oh well 18 Coins, there's too many other places I like eating at. :SoWhat1:

I must admit i still go there for the food. But the service staff treat you like shit, as though they are doing you a favour by serving you.

You will find this with Thai run/managed places, in the past when we have been full I have booked rooms for 2 friends in different places, even paying a deposit as high season but both times they let the rooms to walk in's, ok got deposits back but left me running round finding other rooms.

Its Thai style.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Archived