Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Billabong Hotel

MurdochP1983

Evening all,

I've just booked a flight for my 4th trip to Pattaya :). I've stayed at Jasmine hotel the last 3 trips. I was thinking of trying Billabong hotel on Soi LK Metro this time. Most reviews I,'ve read about it so far are positive, has anyone stayed here? If so, what are your thoughts on the place?

Cheers

Paul

Murdoch P 1983 ,Is it a real hotel or one of the guest houses a place with rooms.I would want to check that out , many like the China Garden and the Billabong and others seem to be a building with rooms  , for a few pound notes  more you can book a hotel with breakfast pool lift I keep wondering if that's my best option rather than a cheepy room still undecided,  I was in fact looking at the Jasmine hotel myself , how did you find it any tips on rooms ect.

murdoch i have been staying there a few times for the price its rather good or was missed ot on pattaya last year so it maybe not up to date,i had a small problem with my safe it was sorted in 10 minutes,the Secrets hotel took bout 16 hours to solve the same problem ,the battery in the safe was gone.

There is a lot worse than to stay at the Billabong and some cute girls downstairs to wet your appetite. Your right in the heart of LK Metro  :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers for the help guys.

The Jasmine hotel is on Soi bj, just 2 mins walk to Walking St. The staff are friendly and it is very cheap. The downsides are that it has no bar  or pool, which are no problem for me, but may be for some.

Cheers

Paul

I stayed there in Nov 2013. I had a big room which was comfortable but very noisy at night, up to about 3am, being slap bang in all the LK Metro action. Owner seemed friendly and had my broken safe replaced very quickly on my first night. Only reason not to stay there again was the noise.

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, noise aside, most reviews that  I've read have been positive.

Cheers

Paul

The noise seems a major deal  breaker , after some consideration because the rooms do look nice I find it is for me , so got to find a less noisy place but in and around that location if there are any.

Fantastic hotel, have stayed there on 3 occasions. 

If you don't mind the LK Metro noise until 3am it's a deadset winner.

Staff, food, drinks, atmosphere - all good. Very friendly place.

• 2 weeks later...

agree have stayed there 4 times but after changing downstairs bar configuration, the rooms are not isolated from sound like before and VERY noisy....I recently stayed at another similar place and slept like a baby...quiet...

Ive stayed at Billabong plenty of times. I always go for a room on second floor, nice big rooms, good air con and the balcony is great for people watching. Ive never had trouble sleeping with the noise, heck me and a barfine are usually part of it!

Food is good and a nice little selection of talent downstairs on tap if you want it. Greg the owner is such a laid back bloke and great to have a beer with. I like it as im pretty central to wherever I want to be. Id recommend it. 

I tried one of the biggest rooms once. And big it certainly was, I could easily have thrown a party for 20+ people in there. Price was pretty reasonable too. Balcony right on the corner of the soi was nice.

Downsides are:

* Those bloody stairs. I'm not completely unfit, but when I get home at 7 in the morning, the prospect of ~4 flights of stairs just makes me want to sleep on the pool table instead. (Which might be a tiny bit of a problem, since I'll most likely have company too.)

* Furniture and fittings are quite worn.

Worn , surprised, the pictures of the rooms and description seem at odds then, thanks for the heads up . cheers.

agree simon I hv stayed 8 times at Billabong and always enjoyed it and found it quiet...disco noise etc was never an issue.....but last trip I found it noisy and notice the door that used to b at bottom of stairs was gone.

last trip it was sooooooooooooo noisy, so Unfortuneately had to go elsewhere

Noise is not good with the other report of worn furnishings oh dear ,so off my list for certain ,

• 2 weeks later...

murdoch i have been staying there a few times for the price its rather good or was missed ot on pattaya last year so it maybe not up to date,i had a small problem with my safe it was sorted in 10 minutes,the secrets hotel took bout 16 hours to solve the same problem ,the battery in the safe was gone.

my friend stayed there...no complains

Archived