Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Departure check-in 7am in BKK - should I get a room for the last night?

Jackie2013

Hi! 

I'm planning to check in for my flight home at 7am in the morning at BKK int airport. Let's assume a need 2hrs getting to the airport - which means I'll leave by 5am. Let's also assume I need to pack and get my self in order - which means I need to go up around 4am in the morning...

Haven't booked the last days for my trip yet. 

I'm thinking about not reserving a room for the last night - simply entertain myself by cinema/shopping/food for the last night - and grab a taxi somewhere around 1-2am to BKK airport. Perhaps get som sleep on a bench - or just wait it out...

Not much money to talk about - but also kinda sucks getting a room for not many hours. 

What's your input on the topic? :) 

You'll need to leave the room at noon if you don't book it. Do you really want to go through to the next morning without a shower then get on a plane?

You'll need to leave the room at noon if you don't book it. Do you really want to go through to the next morning without a shower then get on a plane?

When I read the OP, this was the first thought that came to my mind, of course you can do a massage or a short time and take a shower there, but then you might also want to change your clothes and maybe brush your teeth and yes you can do this in the toilet at the airport also but what a lot of hassle to save a small amount of money.

Then what if you decide you just want to relax and take it easy before you head to the airport or worse case you are not feeling well.

I think ultimately only you can answer the question, as we are all different, when I was a younger man, back-packing around the world I might have been happy to sit on the airport floor with some food from the local supermarket and a good book to read, would I do that now for the cost of one more night in a hotel, not a chance.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Thanks for the input guys! I'll go for a cheap room in BKK close to airport. Any ideas of rooms next to the highspeed rail? :) 

Thanks for the input guys! I'll go for a cheap room in BKK close to airport. Any ideas of rooms next to the highspeed rail? :)

Why would you do that? It's a 2 hour taxidrive from Pattaya and even less from lower Sukhumvit in BKK, you can take the BTS if you want.

Why would you spent your last night in an area where there is nothing to do?

My plane also leaves at 7 am. Last year the same. You should arrive a few hours before checkin.

May be a few hundred people in front of you at check in. I stay around nana.

I simply stay out till the bar closes, not drinking, have a bite to eat, back to room for SSS and finish packing.

And have also done it the other way, hotel holds my luggage for the day, stay out all night, get a short time at 1-2 am, shower after and your ready to go.

You can get a good guesthouse room for 500-600bt in Pattaya,  I don't believe that your budget is so small, you can't afford a room for your last day

Why would you do that? It's a 2 hour taxidrive from Pattaya and even less from lower Sukhumvit in BKK, you can take the BTS if you want.

Why would you spent your last night in an area where there is nothing to do?

Great attitude. Judging by the comment's that've made - isn't pretty clear that I'm not nearly as experienced of Pattaya, Bangkok or Thailand - as you are? And I'm here asking for help? 

My flight back always leaves Bangkok at 510 or 540am. I always stay in pattaya, sometimes I sleep for a couple hours before my 230am Mr T pickup. Sometimes I just sleep in the taxi. Its not 2 hrs to the airport at least I never experienced that, a little over an hour at the most. I get the most out of pattaya until the last minute. ..

I sometimes stay at Nasa Vegas hotel which is right across the street from Ramkhamhaeng Station. First train of the day would be sometime after 6:00 AM. Get you to the airport before 7:00 AM. It's also walking distance to some soapies on New Petchaburi Rd :)

Still, for one night, I'd just pay the hotel the extra day and stay in Pattaya. Book a taxi to pick you up at 5:00 and enjoy your last day/night.

When I flew Delta they always flew back home earlier in the morning around 5 AM or so. 

So standard arrival at BKK airport is 2 hours prior.

Whether I was in Pattaya or Bangkok last night, I'm always booked at the hotel until next day.

So my routine is the same, go out to a gogo at night but then come back a little early to the hotel, maybe midnight. I'd already have most of my stuff packed earlier that day. Catch a few hours of sleep, then take taxi to airport.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

No.  Just pay for another night.   Leave around 3 am.  Cry all the way to airport. 

I sometimes stay at Nasa Vegas Hotel which is right across the street from Ramkhamhaeng Station. First train of the day would be sometime after 6:00 AM. Get you to the airport before 7:00 AM. It's also walking distance to some soapies on New Petchaburi Rd :)

Still, for one night, I'd just pay the hotel the extra day and stay in Pattaya. Book a taxi to pick you up at 5:00 and enjoy your last day/night.

My thoughts, too

My schedule is slightly different but I agree with many of the BMs that have commented.

My return flight for my next trip to Pattaya leaves BKK at 03:00 am, rather than check out at 12:00/13:00 hrs the day before, I have booked another night at the guesthouse I am staying at for 700 baht. This way all my luggage is secure and I have the luxury of showering and getting changed before the taxi picks me up at around 11pm. The additional night is a small price to pay for comfort and convenience after almost 3 weeks vacation IMO.

Why not have a night or two in Bangers to finish your trip off?  A cab from SUK (lower) out to Swampy will be about 25 - 30 minutes at that time of day..... something to consider?

You could go out with a blast. :-)

Check out hotel at noon.  Leave luggage with concierge.

Go for a 2 hours massage to kill some time.  Done by 2:30 0m.

Catch a movie.  Done by around 6pm.

Grab dinner at street.  Done by 7pm.

Do a soapie / body massage at 7pm.  (shower taken care).

Start drinking at Soi 6 around 9pm or more massage.

Go Go Bar around 11 pm.  Last call for short time @ short time hotel at premise say at 3am (another quick shower)

Head to iBar / Insomnia around 4am.

Head back hotel to pick up luggage at 4:40 am.

Sleep on flight home.

Archived