IGNORED

Best dependable broadband internet in Pattaya?

Daddee

Going to have to work quite a bit online on this trip, and want to know what hotels have the best most dependable in room high speed internet...

need the names of guest friendly hotels with good internet in rooms, thanks!!!

I prefer staying north of Walking Street...  soi 1 to soi 1 and up to chayapook and bukaow/lk metro area...

but am open to new experiences!!!  jomtien?

TOT is who I am with fast n reliable, think there Number 1 provider in Thailand.

Depending on your use case; typically Fiber is the best option.

Best / Reliable Fiber providers are CAT and 3BB in Pattaya.

Most hotels have piss poor internet connections, traffic shaping, reliability.. Meaning its fine if no one uses it, but you get one guy running bit torrent and your boned.

Not to mention poor wifi network deployment. VoIP or RDP/VNC could be tricky.

I know http://www.nirvanaboutiquehotel.com in Jomtien as 30mbps fiber from CAT, but I couldn't tell you how well their Wifi is or if they have in room cabling: The manager is on PA kid_in_candy_store

Here is the data for RTT from Pattaya to the USA [Verizon's DNS servers] on 3BB Fiber... No perfect, but workable

4.2.2.2.png

I agree with 'nullavenger' about internet traffic within most hotels/guesthouses and would recommend renting a condo room after getting assurances about fast and reliable Internet services. VT6 Pattaya or VT2 Jomtien have a few rental agents specializing in those locations.

For my condo, I use two services - 3bb dsl for reliable service and Sophon cable for faster large downloads. My friends who live closer to the ISPs have a single fast and reliable service.

don't know the techy specs, but these guys run their own servers.

email them any queries guaranteed fast response.

http://www.diana-oasis.com/wifi-infos--instructions--oasis-hotspot.html

loadsa good reviews both on here and TA.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/58927-diana-oasis-apartments/

Between 2006 and 2011 when I was frequenting Pattaya, The Vault had great in room internet access.  I cannot remember if it was LAN or wireless, but I was very happy with the internet there.

Jiminy

Lk Rennaisance had decent wifi in May, never gave me any problems.

I had good experience at the Marriott working over VPN back to the US.  The hotel has wired and wireless access.  Upload speeds are throttled, which may be a problem if you are trying to use VoIP.  I spoke with another guest who got the management to remove throttling on the wired access in his room.

thanks guys, Marriott's a bit more than I care to spend, but will keep that in mind!!!

Your countdown is on..wow 7 days..good luck.

The Vault hotel

See it online. Very strong internet. I lived their for a month while being a contractor overseas. I needed reliable, good internet. Very strong very fast (downloading, scans, business, ect).

I know the Vault, will put that on my list of potentials... hoping the VT6 room is adequate, but won't extend till I know it is... if it isn't, I have a few good choices, and may not even stay in Pattaya... may go to an island or ????

And thanks!!!  I am all packed and have all my financial stuff handled...  just marking time and making money...

• 1 month later...

My Vote : 3BB use them for 6 yrs working PERFECTLY , had them in 3 different location around Pattaya .

C O L O M B I A 

Archived