Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Early check in, what do you do?

Jumpin Jack Flash

On my next trip I'll be arriving early morning, should get into Pats by 9am. I haven't booked my hotel yet but I know check-ins are always afternoon. What are my options?  I don't want to book for an extra night and not use it, so I'm ruling that out. What do you guys do when faced with this?

Leave your luggage and head to the Pattaya Beer Garden for some breakfast (or a beer if you're up for it).

Then find a beer bar (I like Wonderful 2 on 2nd Rd and Lovely Corner (I think its called) on Beach Rd/Soi 7).

That should keep you occupied until lunch. You can stay or head to Soi 6 for some action. That should take you up until check in.

I had this happen once on BKK -- I was at my hotel by around 8:30 a.m.  I contacted the hotel ahead of time and they said early check in was "no pomplum"

If the hotel says "no," you might want to see if they have a half day rate that you could pay....either that or check other hotels and find one that WILL allow early check-in.

If your hotel has a pool, you can just find a lounge chair by the pool and take a nap until your room is ready. that's what I usually do. Most hotels are pretty good about getting you into a room ASAP.

Where are you staying?

In my opinion there are several massage places that always have showers

Have a nice long shower - followed by a 2-3 hour massage/treatments - followed by another shower

Then a little lunch - by then your room should be ready

Well thats what I do anyway...

Have a good breakfast, then get a coffee at the Starbucks on Beach Road and take it all in. I just snooze at the couch by the reception or watch some tv.

I would email the hotel to let them know what time you will be arriving , may not make any difference but you never know ..

Otherwise I agree with Kash Buc , put your shorts at the top of your bag , get changed in the hotel restroom and sit by the pool until your room is ready

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

dump your bags on reception ....then I would go and get some breakfast then have a nice long massage...maybe 2 hours, that will fix you up after the flight

or you could go and have a beer in JP Bar and watch the freaks

I haven't booked the hotel yet, but I like the Areca Lodge (been there twice before) - their check-in is 1pm. I don't want to waste time waiting anywhere (I'm only there for 1 day and night) so I want somewhere to leave my stuff, get changed, then head out for some morning action (massage shop or Soi 6, not decided yet). I like the idea of paying for a half day. If Areca don't do this, are there any hotels you know of that do? I'm flexible on location, but I like LK Metro area.

On my next trip I'll be arriving early morning, should get into Pats by 9am. I haven't booked my hotel yet but I know check-ins are always afternoon. What are my options?  I don't want to book for an extra night and not use it, so I'm ruling that out. What do you guys do when faced with this?

Why don't you want to book the extra night - it a simple, low cost and hassle solution. Do you really want to fuck about dropping your luggage somewhere or lugging them around with you just to save a few quid? After the flight out you will be stinking and tired and you will just end up wasting the whole morning and spending more than if you had just booked the extra day.

I always book at extra if I need a early or late check in/out time.

Book an extra night matey, just not worth the hassle of waiting IMO.

All troubles are gone then and you start your trip right.

Bill

I haven't booked the hotel yet, but I like the Areca Lodge (been there twice before) - their check-in is 1pm. I don't want to waste time waiting anywhere (I'm only there for 1 day and night) so I want somewhere to leave my stuff, get changed, then head out for some morning action (massage shop or Soi 6, not decided yet). I like the idea of paying for a half day. If Areca don't do this, are there any hotels you know of that do? I'm flexible on location, but I like LK Metro area.

I think you would have to contact the individual hotels to see if they offer it.  

I think it is more customarily used when someone has a late night flight and wants to check out around 7 p.m. instead of noon, but it may be an option to bring up with the hotel if they seem like they will not allow early check-in.  

BTW, only ONE night?!?  You'll definitely want to hit the ground running -- no time to waste a few hours sleeping by the pool, but the suggestions of a massage or soapy may be good ones.  I don't know what time those places open, but I think all offer showers.  

Keep your toothbrush & razor handy/at the top of your bag -- even if you can't check in to your hotel, you can duck into the lobby bathroom and grab a shave and brush your teeth to "freshen up."

The more I think about it, I reckon you're right about just paying the extra night - I don't need the hassle to spoil my one and only day there. The Areca is pricey in that case, but I'm now looking at Fourteen Again having just seen a good review on here. I've never stayed there but I've been in the bar and played pool there before. Great location and a lot cheaper than Areca.

In my experience nearly all hotels will let you into your room at that time if a room is available, they won't charge you half day. Half day is really only for extending your time on check out day. 

Areaca Lodge have let me in twice before 10.00am, on another occasion once the room wasn't ready so I changed in their rest room near the elevator and went for a massage, feed and drink and a bit of a walk.

I face the same predicament on my next trip, no big deal if the room isn't available but it's a bonus if it is.

The more I think about it, I reckon you're right about just paying the extra night - I don't need the hassle to spoil my one and only day there. The Areca is pricey in that case, but I'm now looking at Fourteen Again having just seen a good review on here. I've never stayed there but I've been in the bar and played pool there before. Great location and a lot cheaper than Areca.

If free it sure is a nice place, but bit noisy at night depending on your floor. The jacuzzi at that price makes up for it if you only stay short

Usually pretty tired after a long overnight flight. And sleep on plane is not really sleep. Best to have somewhere to crash on arrival. Alternatively have breakfast somewhere after leaving bags at hotel, then get an oil massage....then crash for 4-6 hours. Wake up with a Red Bull and ready to go........

I'm planning to grab some sleep in the afternoon (between 12 and 5 would be perfect) so hopefully it won't be too noisy around that time. I'm not bothered about noise at night as I expect to be out until 3am.

Option One would be to check with the hotel to see if your room is available when you arrive in Patts.  Afternoon check in is only enforced if the room that is allocated to you was booked by some one else the night before.  If the room was unoccupied the night before I am sure that the hotel will be happy to let you check in

If the room isnt available then I am sure the hotel will look after your luggage and if it was me I would be tempted to go somewhere for breakfast and then go for a message

Ive also read some BAD reviews of 14 again.if I was you I would look for a decent G/H around the Boukow area Boomarang to name just one.I would be doing research right this minute.Many G/H 600-1000b in and around the Areca.

Book the room now .. Ask if u can check in early .. Done it many many times . Never had one refuse me yet . Never have one charge me yet .. Just ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

• 4 weeks later...

Well I booked Areca Lodge in the end. But after I contacted them about early check-in they said no can do, and that I would have to book an extra day. :Banghead2:

At £40, no thanks.

So I'm now looking at cheap guesthouses not far from there, Little Home Guesthouse is a very short walk away and only a tenner per night. Anyone know it?

So you booked in THEN asked them about early check in, mate get a grip do your home work ask the question then book.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Ur only talking 4 hours, if your flights on time and no problems with transport.

Go get a soapy at Honey then a 3 sum at devils den. Sorted..

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

and happy new year to you too !

I'd already decided on Areca so knowing (about their check-in policy) in advance, wouldn't have made any difference to my main booking.

I'm just looking for a low cost and convenient way around it, that's all.

Archived