Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

4/5* happy to pay up to 3500bht/night want something special

Elyssia

Hi,

Previously stayed at amari nova suites with bf. looking for something gf (we like to party), but perhaps a bit closer to ws. Also want an amazing pool as hoping to shoot some pics whilst there. Any advice guys, so far heard empress and v6.

Dusit D2 has a great pool and outstanding staff.

Food is also top notch.

If you want "something special" you probably will have to dig a little deeper in your wallet

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Hi,

Previously stayed at amari nova suites with bf. looking for something gf (we like to party), but perhaps a bit closer to ws. Also want an amazing pool as hoping to shoot some pics whilst there. Any advice guys, so far heard empress and v6.

Neither the Empress or VT6 has an "amazing pool", Empress is probably better but neither is very private.  Wave looks nice but I can't afford to stay there!

If you want "something special" you probably will have to dig a little deeper in your wallet

Agree.

Food is also top notch.

Doubt they will find a room at the D2 within their budget however within the price range of the D2 I personally think the Marriott Resort has the best pool.

(However both are approximately 1.5 times the OP's budget).

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

The Marriott can be had in 3500 range if you pre-pay (non-refundable, so make sure the trip is a certainty).  

GREAT location in the heart of the action, very GF and has a great pool area (though not a rooftop pool).  

I don't know what kind of pics you intend to shoot at the pool, but I doubt you can do anything too racy/explicit at their pool.

Here's one that I took about a year ago (I think) of a partial view of their pool area -- has a very tropical/lagoon feel about it:

Marriott pool 2.JPG

Neither the Empress or VT6 has an "amazing pool", Empress is probably better but neither is very private. Wave looks nice but I can't afford to stay there!

Are you saying Wave has an "amazing pool"Do they have pool at all?

I now see that they have a pool,but I don't think is amazing.

The Marriott can be had in 3500 range if you pre-pay (non-refundable, so make sure the trip is a certainty)

Doesn't make sense as long as you're not Platinum Member at Marriott Rewards. 3.500 THB might get you a room at Marriott Pattaya, but you just get the standard room, which doesn't fit my criteria of something special.

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

The Marriott can be had in 3500 range if you pre-pay (non-refundable, so make sure the trip is a certainty).  

GREAT location in the heart of the action, very GF and has a great pool area (though not a rooftop pool).  

I don't know what kind of pics you intend to shoot at the pool, but I doubt you can do anything too racy/explicit at their pool.

Here's one that I took about a year ago (I think) of a partial view of their pool area -- has a very tropical/lagoon feel about it:

attachicon.gifMarriott pool 2.JPG

I ll say that it isbperfect destination. and very girl friendly. You can do all types of sort in pool. The rear of hotel connecting to beach road so easy to go ws.

Mate I doubt you will find anything resembling the amarj nova in terms of its plush and modern look. It has the feel of being in a really top drawer penthouse type pad...for those that like WS it is a bit off the beaten track. The Empress is also good, though the rooms look like they have been furnished by Liberace :GoldenSmile1: ..that said, its a very classy joint and handy for WS.

LiberaceBathroom.jpg

Looking to go this jan. Nova suites, renaissance and empress are all in budget. He has said £80 night which I think is 4000bht now. I've heard the pool at Renaissance is a bit 'meh'. Also a silly thing, but nova suites only has shower, no bath. I know it's far out but we both have bike licences so will prob hire a moped (bringing our own bike chain from home to lock it up). Hmmm choices choices!!!!!

Have heard Page 10 quite good too??

Food is also top notch.

I would recommend this also. Great rooms, staffs nice along with nice rooftop and pool. It is expensive though.

Archived