IGNORED

Thai A380 Super Jumbo

Bira

Going on my 1st flight on the A380, in Business Class. Any tips on the experience? FWiW, I do not have to check any luggage.

TGOEA

FWiW, I saw the 380 at the Dubai Airshow about 8 years ago and they threw that thing around like a toy. They nearly got it to hover despite it's huge size. 

Would be nice to see some pics inside.

babydollsaddict.gif

Be prepared to be stuff full of food. Bed is quite comfortable, not the best but will suffice for business. I found the padding on the bed to be abit thin.

Be prepared to be stuff full of food

Appreciate the reminder. Suppose I will just enjoy a Starbucks black coffee and a roll before flying so can save my appetite.

TGOEA

Appreciate the reminder. Suppose I will just enjoy a Starbucks black coffee and a roll before flying so can save my appetite.

I would avoid eating that day to really savour the in-flight meals :P

Have a good flight!

Flew the A380 coach on Singapore and enjoyed every minute - seemed more spacious and quiet compared to the 777 and 747. The AVOD was excellent as well. Business class should truly be a great experience for you - enjoy!

I flew on the A380 on the LHR-DXB leg of my last trip to LOS.

I didn't rate it.. On my photo , see where my book that is your armrest and its too high, after a while it hurts your shoulder, there is a lower armrest but it is quite small and you find yourself using the shelf.

The food was great,, but it always is in Business ( except KLM)

The business class lounge at Heathrow for Emirates was built just for A380 passengers and was fantastic.

Down side is you are on a separate floor to cattle

The lounge, the boarding gate and jetty to the plan are all upstairs - half the fun of traveling business class is walking past the economy passengers at the boarding gate and them looking in Business Class area and seeing us drinking Champagne.

The A380 is definately a different experience, it takes off differently to other jets.

Don't get a seat at the back of business class as there is a bar right at the back and some common people with money (or cattle that got an upgrade) will stand for the whole flight drinking free booze and they get loud .

3181_85741777677_2780500_n.jpg

I do not have to check any luggage.

WHY ?

You have double ( or treble ) allowance

If your airline supply you with a car from your home ( like Emirates & Virgin) the driver will take you bags to check in

You bags ( should) be first out at baggae reclaim at BKK

I always take my full allowance, if you have the spare kilos why not take 4 pairs of shoes !

And gifts for the girls.. on one of my trips I brought a lot of little Haribo sweety/candy bags which I gave out to the BG;s.. they loved them and I couldn#t of done that with the extra baggage allowance

Are you going to try and put all your stuff in your hand luggage or have you got supplies in Patts ?

I always fly smartly dressed at the least new jeans and a pressed Oxford shirt, as soon as the seat belt sign goes out I change into lounge pants and a huge T-shirt.. The stewardess will hang your shirt and trouser for you so they still look good when you land.

I'd rather have loose clothes in my hand luggage than trying to squeeze everything for my trip in it !

Ohh.. and if you have a stopover , have a shower in the business lounge , they nearly all have them now and of course they supply towels... A shower is a must

common people with money 

Yep, one wouldn't want to come across those sort of people eh Velcro, no manners? no class eh? ;)

Yep, one wouldn't want to come across those sort of people eh Velcro, no manners? no class eh? ;)

Plus no iron.

Good review here, lots of pix. 

http://www.ausbt.com.au/review-thai-airways-airbus-a380-royal-silk-business-class-seats

I *had* bkk-cdg booked in J on Thai's A380 for an upcoming trip but had to reschedule since I was able to extend my trip. No A380 anymore but I will be on a 787 from pek-waw. 

I flew it Bus Class from BKK to Japan in February and was the best BC experience I have had. This was not due to the seat or food however, it was due mainly to how quiet it was on the 2nd floor. On the 777s you get this whistling noise on all the planes that drives you batty after about 7 hours, this plane was so quiet (2nd floor) you could talk and hear someone no problem. I asked the flt attendant why it was so quiet and he thought is was because you were up above the wings and engines, but I don't recall the 747s being this way when on the 2nd level.

I loved it!

Didn't have to check luggage as I already had some stuff in Pattaya and didn't need to bring candy to anyone!! Just got back to Hong Kong, but the return leg was on an A330 which was quite nice. 

I found it strange that the Thai Busness/First Class lounge in BKK did not have a shower. I was told there was one in the C concourse. I didn't want to take a shower. Just asking for future reference. Two lounges at Suvarnabhumi? Having a shower at Hong Kong lounge was priceless.

Next time in Thailand I will be coming from the U.S. (either SFO or LAX). Doing some random web navigation took me to a website iflyfirstclass.com, and Business class for next May ranges from $3265 to $3,569. Don't know if I would be able to specify Thai Airways, but I suppose I could match their known schedule to the choices shown on that website. When I tried the same dates in May 2014 on thaiairwaysusa.com, I kept getting an error.

Need to go check out flyertalk.com

TGOEA

Yeah, sorry about that.. I can be a bit of a arrogant knob when the mood takes me

I'm lovely really x

Archived