Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Diana-oasis!

jonboy81

Thinking about staying at Diana oasis apartments for my next stay, rooms look quite nice for a fairly reasonable rate, anybody got any experience with this place located on soi Bukhaew i think!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about staying at Diana oasis apartments for my next stay, rooms look quite nice for a fairly reasonable rate, anybody got any experience with this place located on soi Bukhaew i think!

Hi jonboy

It's a great place to stay with 2 swimming pools, i stayed there last year for 3 weeks in

October/November and which included my birthday on 25th October.

Already tried to get same dates as last year but they are fully booked this time.

If you are thinking about stopping there you need to booked asap as they are very popular.

Email the manager Meow she will help you with your booking good luck hope you get a room .

Yes, it's on Soi Baukaow road near pooks bar with a seven eleven on the corner very handy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at diana estate. Nice apartment, nice people running it, but beware we were charged 13000 baht for 2 weeks electricity (2 people)The meter read 1800 units at 7 baht per unit. Since returning to UK I have checked my electricity bill and my usage in my flat is about 1800 units for whole year. I don't believe the reading at diana-oasis was correct. So keep an eye on the meter when you stay here.

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at diana estate. Nice apartment, nice people running it, but beware we were charged 13000 baht for 2 weeks electricity (2 people)The meter read 1800 units at 7 baht per unit. Since returning to UK I have checked my electricity bill and my usage in my flat is about 1800 units for whole year. I don't believe the reading at diana-oasis was correct. So keep an eye on the meter when you stay here.

I regularly stay with meow,dave and team at Diana-oasis and would say 13 000 baht usage is virtually impossible in 14 days even running a/c and every appliance 24/7.

please quantify some facts for me ;

1 who did you rent from? Diana-oasis is 1 of several renters on Diana estate.

2 did you read/photograph meter read on check-in and check -out? (SOP in Thailand) tho I personally don't do reads as I trust Diana-oasis 100%

3 what happened when you queried the exorbitant usage as there is no way on earth meow and team would not have realised a serious irregularity.

4 did you realise upfront you were paying electric per unit and switch off a/c + appliances when out of the room as you would at home?

this will help other condo renters in future.

regards

jumpy

Were you just in a normal 1 bed condo? Did David or Meow not say anything when they gave you that bill?? I think David is away at the moment visiting the UK. Seems very very high. 

In reply to jumpy,

1) Im not sure exactly who we rented from but we stayed in 2 bedroom apartment No. 69.

2) No we never checked meter readings, we will in future though.

3) Meow herself couldn't believe the reading. She checked it several times. To her credit she did give us a 2000 rebate, but we still had to pay an additional 7000baht on top of our 5000 deposit.

4) We did know that we were paying for electricity/water. My mate being the tight Scotsman made sure air cons were off any time we went out.

I spoke to a  guy who runs a bar/guesthouse in Pattaya. His electricity bill for whole bar and 12 rooms is 20000 baht per month.

I don't believe the error was deliberate but I think a mistake has been made somewhere and it would put us off staying there in the future.

In reply to jumpy,

1) Im not sure exactly who we rented from but we stayed in 2 bedroom apartment No. 69.

2) No we never checked meter readings, we will in future though.

3) Meow herself couldn't believe the reading. She checked it several times. To her credit she did give us a 2000 rebate, but we still had to pay an additional 7000baht on top of our 5000 deposit.

4) We did know that we were paying for electricity/water. My mate being the tight Scotsman made sure air cons were off any time we went out.

I spoke to a  guy who runs a bar/guesthouse in Pattaya. His electricity bill for whole bar and 12 rooms is 20000 baht per month.

I don't believe the error was deliberate but I think a mistake has been made somewhere and it would put us off staying there in the future.

Was it this one?? If so my mates stayed in this one and the bill was HUGE! It's not one of David's it's a private rental that they rent out for other people. 

9467775_orig.jpg

Yes that's the apartment we stayed in

That condo is actually 4 standard studios knocked together and 110 sq ms so would probably have 3 or 4 A/Cs, even so 1800 units in 2 weeks seems extremely high.

Not really a comparison, but I stay in a standard Diana Estate studio, use about 160 units a MONTH, but probably don't use the A/C as much as a tourist would, but have fridge/freezer and computer on 24/7 plus big LED TV. Even if you TRIPLE my weekly usage of 40 units to 120 units, then multiply by 4 A/Cs, that's 480 units per week or 960 units for your stay. This is a well over the top estimation.

I would take the matter up with Michael or David (on his return from Ireland), I am sure both would do their best to investigate or at least give you an explanation..

Diana Oasis are very customer focused and do not screw customers about, unlike some other renters on Diana Estate. They are booked up months in advance because of good service and reasonable prices for the standard of accommodation and location.

no availability, i tried two months back for this october.  :Anger8:

i also tried for Nov/Dec to no avail! However will say the E-mail service was by far the best experience I've had from Pattaya hotels EVER!

i have not been there before, but read some really nice reviews about that place.

i have booked one month stay in may 2014.  cant go wrong on its location.

I have a friend that stays there long term, says its great.

I have booked there next year for my trips in may and August.

• 1 month later...

Have just booked Tower block room 912, any info photos would be apreciated, its a private rental done through Meow at Diana Oasis

• 5 months later...

Hello...i was in Diana Oasis for 1 month(May 2014)

i rent a room in C-Block

very nice location....Incredible staff(Miss Meow is a wonderful Lady and all the ladies in the Restaurant that work there....Hi,Nikki!!)

The price for 1 month was 21500 baht(no electric/water)....2 times per week cleaning...

2 swimming pools.....no elevator....and the room is very nice....

The wifi there with problem(no good wifi signal....sometimes we had sometime we didnt have)....

Quiet place(mostly old people stay there long time staying)

The things that i didnt like was...1)the last days of my staying in the next room doing some renovation and too much noise...from 12.00 until 16.00 or 17.00   2)the electric/water bill:i paid 3800 baht!!!i think it is too much....i stayed in other hotels also and the maximun i paid was 2500 baht!!!and i control with air-condition and water(shower)

anyway...in General,i am satisfied with Diana Oasis...

Here is video with my Room in C-block

Little walk in Diana Estate

Small swimming pool in Diana Oasis

I just returned from a month staying at Diana Oasis, also in C Block.

I paid 24500 plus 3000 for electricity and water.

Not sure why the difference in rent.

I will say my accomodation was excellent, the room whilst not unlike most

Guest hotels was very clean and tidy. Almost new to be exact.

I assume that renovations are the norm with private owners now.

Meow and David were more than helpful with anything I needed.

I'm back again in late July and looking forward to my stay.

The pools are great, the place is lady friendly, food and beer good.

My one complaint would be that breakfast could be served just a little earlier.

If you can get into this place it's well worth it.

John

I have reserved for February, I made this reservation last march, I believe it was the only room available for this time period.

The electric prices seem to be very high, my friend has 3 air cons in his condo and has never paid more than 1500 baht.

I look forward to my stay, location is top notch. I stayed at maxx central last year , and was VERY happy. A little out of the way though.

Had a motorbike but don't like to drink and ride. At oasis I can walk or baht bus around.

Hi Guys

I have only just returned home on Tuesday from an excellent 1 month stay at Diana-Oasis, and i echo

all the comments above it's a great place to stay everything handy nearby i love Soi Buakaow area.

I stayed in Tower room 207 although not re-modeled yet still was clean and i could not fault it.

I paid the monthly rate 22.500 plus electric and water at the end which cost me just 1,666 baht for the month.

The extra 3 speed fan came in very handy cheaper to run than the air condition.

The big swimming pool was excellent always clean and warm never over crowded and a pleasure to swim.

Breakfast was from 8am until 11am and i miss a few due to late nights although when i did turn up i had to pay.

Also, found the laundry down stairs very handy and used about 4 times.

Today, already sent Meow an email for booking enquiry for my next trip October/November but have a feeling i

am going to be disappointed and get the sorry fully booked reply same as last year fingers are crossed.

Diana-Oasis is a very popular place my mate has already booked for October next year 2015.

HI,

I stayed one month in diana-oasis, and it's really good place. Well located, and very good price for it.

The only little things, are the gym is too old, and the bed, i found them not enough big (i think 1m40, not king sizes)

Otherwise, all is perfect.

Stayed at Diana Oasis for a month in May, great place to stay, was in one of the private rentals, reasonable price too, paid 17,200 for a studio, although was charged B4800 for air con and final clean which thought was a bit steep for a studio! All in all would definitely stay there again really nice people, nice 2 pools and restaurant with good food, also good security, nice blokes', rude not to buy them a beer every now and then! :LOL2:

Hi Guys

As i said above only arrived home last Tuesday 10th June already been in touch

with Meow regarding next trip October/November but was expecting the sorry full

up reply again, but was able to take the only opening available on site which happens

to be the same room i just had for 1 month.

Although the opening is only for the first 18 nights and i am placed on the waiting

list for my last 9 nights in the hope something becomes available on site later, i dually

excepted these terms because i love Diana-Oasis.

With plans for 2 more further visits next year i am getting my dates finalized so i can

book well in advance so that I'm not disappointed as i was last year.

Archived