Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mistake in name on plane ticket and immigrations?

coolsmoe

Made a stupid mistake filling in my flight reservation. My name consists of 3 parts, let's say it's 'JOHN' (=first name) 'THE DOE' (=last name). Now my plane ticket says: 'JOHNTHE' as first name and 'DOE' as last name. I called the airline company and for them it's no problem, they made a note somewhere in the system so I can fly, but they are not sure about immigrations...

I can pay a fee for correction, but I'd rather not ofcourse...

Anyone have an idea how strict BKK immigration is?

I would think that you should have the correct name on any immigration paperwork as a bare minimum really!

Personally I would pay the fee to have it corrected and make sure that all is fine!

Bill

Irrelevant I would say ... all they are interested in is your passport, not flight ticket.

Is this about arriving, or leaving Thailand. If arriving, it's irrelevant. They only see your passport and the card you fill-in on the plane.

I can't imagine it's a problem leaving either. The main thing is your passport.

this will not matter arriving or leaving all that matters to immigration is h arr/dep card is filled out correctly as long as the airline is happy would not bother changing it waste of money

I have never been asked to show my boarding pass on arrival. I doubt that they look at the name on the boarding pass on departure. At most they just want to see that you have one.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If the airline says it's no problem, then it's no problem (though I'd get them to confirm this by email and have it printed out).

Immigration have little to no interest in you flight ticket, it won't be a problem. They just need to check your passport and visa documents. In the very rare case that they asked to see your ticket and decided they weren't happy, then that printed email from the airline would come to the rescue - but I can't even see it coming to that.. Nothing to see here, move along..

Irrelevant I would say ... all they are interested in is your passport, not flight ticket.

True just your name on the passport  enjoy your trip :GoldenSmile1:  cheers chris

Wriggley Tin 1

Made a stupid mistake filling in my flight reservation. My name consists of 3 parts, let's say it's 'JOHN' (=first name) 'THE DOE' (=last name). Now my plane ticket says: 'JOHNTHE' as first name and 'DOE' as last name. I called the airline company and for them it's no problem, they made a note somewhere in the system so I can fly, but they are not sure about immigrations...

I can pay a fee for correction, but I'd rather not ofcourse...

Anyone have an idea how strict BKK immigration is?

Doesn't matter, they only look if the name is close to the Boarding pass  -  mine gets messed up by plane agents all the time, VxxxxxxxJR, TxxxxxxxTxxxxxxxx  or they reverse it with Middle name first, only time I had any probs was in Karachi.

"Cry Havoc, Then Let Slip the Dog's of War"

Thanks for your insights guys!

I'll take the risk, I'm a a gambler. ;-)

On arrival They often ask me for my check in stub though do not know why...............maybe to confirm point of departure.  It happened aa lot a couple of years ago when flying in from the ME

Count Danny of Antwerp might confuse the Thai immigration,that is your given name

isn't it Your Highness?

As others have said it wont be a problem. Similar thing happens to me often (I have two middle names). Never had an issue. Passport is the only doc that will concern immigration.

Should be no issue,I have 2 names and 2 family names and they always compress it or ommit 1 and when they ask, i blame the computer system and printing did not appear but I gave it.

They just pretend to try to charge you more, make no sense pay to fix your own name, mistakes happens. Qantas now got a system if you notice any mistake within 24hrs they fix it for free over the phone.

As far you passport/visa is fine, all rest is fine.

Same Same my christian  (first) name and middle name are always compressed into one, I hate seeing it but never been asked for ticket or had any problems yet

The same thing happened to me when i booked flights through skyscanner. I was a little worried at first but wasn't a problem when I went to check in with Emirates. I suppose it would be an issue if it was a name not already on your passport

It has happened to me a few times. Never been an issue at immigration. Just smile and look happy to have arrived in LOS

Count Danny of Antwerp might confuse the Thai immigration,that is your given name

isn't it Your Highness?

Oh great, now the secret is out! Now I have to tip even more! :-)

My recent return flight was with (trying out) Scoot Airlines. Did not notice that they typed my name incorrectly with my booking. Instead of STEVEN (no secret there) DRONE (fictional) they typed STEVEN DRO. 

This was not a problem from Bangkok to Singapore (if they even noticed or cared). In Singapore when acquiring my boarding pass from the transfer desk the lady said it needed to be corrected as apparently they are quite picky about it. I just said no problem, just do what you have to.

Lesson learnt - check future airline booking confirmations meticulously. Don't create potential for unnecessary/problematic situations.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The only place I've had check my ticket was at the airport in Manila. They won't even let you enter unless you've got a ticket and your name is on it.

Even then, as long as the name is that close, I don't think it would be a problem.

up to you

Airlines frequently compress my full legal name and it has never caused a problem in any country.

NOT any problem.....save yourself the money and stress of even thinking about it. It's a non-issue. I've had this happen a number of times over the years traveling around the world where they compress my first and middle name together like you described happening to you. Just relax and have a nice trip....nobody is going to even give it a second look.

It happened to my wife 2 years ago when we traveled from Australia to BKK. She added an English first name (e.g. Jenny) in front of her normal Chinese name and booked using the English name but her Australian passport do not have his English name on it.

It was picked up by the Australian Immigration on departure and was asked why the name was different. She showed them the name change (additional name) declaration and she is fine to travel without any problem. We even asked them what name should we used on booking.  The reply was either name was fine provided we could provide proof that the new name was same as the the person in the passport. The Thai immigration did not even look at her name in the air ticket. They only interested on the name listed in the passport.   

• 1 month later...

Just a little update for those who are curious about how it worked out... well no one seemed to notice it or be bothered by the small mistake. Thai immigration didn't ask for the plane ticket and when leaving Thailand they didn't notice or didn't care.

Archived