IGNORED

Dusit D2 Baraquda D'Suite review

Capna

The Good:

- you don't normally expect a bargirl to be impressed by a fancy hotel room, they've seen a million, but they are properly impressed here.

- To go from the elevator to the loom you have to cross a small bridge, which has a good view of the pool on one side and looking down Soi 13/2 on the other.  The girls like this too, they usually want to stop here and take a look.

- The jacuzzi tub can fit at least a farang and two girls (might try three tonight, will probably work)

- Towels are big and fluffy.

- Padded headboard (kidding!)

- The spa is very nice, I got a free facial treatment, and felt like a million bucks afterwards.

- Loads of storage space, if you like to keep your things put away.

- Lots of available power outlets too, like many hotels, the power outlets fit both American 2- and 3-prong and European two-prong plugs (but not British plugs).

- Customer service is fantastic!  Everything I've asked for was delivered.  If you sit in the lobby, they'll offer you a drink.

- The loom provides a lot of good backdrops for girl photos.

- Glass shower for two, the jacuzzi is outside the bathroom.

- Everything about the loom is beautiful and sexy.

The Bad:

- The plumbing sucks.  If you're up early, you ain't getting a hot shower. The shower isn't very powerful either.

- No desk in the D'Suite (other suites in the same hotel have desks).  There is a bar table with a bar stool but no power outlets though.

- I had to request towels for the downstairs bathroom (though they did comply with my request).

- The loft almost reaches the window, so it doesn't look over the living room.

- Breakfast isn't bad, but it's not nearly as good as I would expect from a hotel of this calibre.

- The safe is in an awkward position to reach.

- The bed doesn't have nightstands, so I can't set my glasses down or charge my phone within reach of the bed.

- Google Maps doesn't know where it is.

- The balcony doesn't have a chair.

Dusit D2 Barracuda

2013-09-07 14.05.10.jpg

2013-09-07 15.20.42.jpg

2013-09-07 15.20.59.jpg

2013-09-07 15.21.08.jpg

2013-09-07 15.21.44.jpg

2013-09-07 15.26.04.jpg

2013-09-07 15.26.26.jpg

Just people doing business.  Naked.  With Buddha.

Buy imodium before you need imodium.

Thanks for taking the time out to review. That's a long list of cons when you're paying close to 10K Baht..

Thanks for taking the time out to review. That's a long list of cons when you're paying close to 10K Baht..

I spent about 8K per night.  Most of the cons are picky, but I listed them anyway, but the plumbing issue is a BIG problem, and I don't think there's an easy fix for that.  I probably won't stay in the D'Suite again (though I probably wouldn't even if I was completely happy with it anyway).

BTW -- I have confirmed that there is enough room in the jacuzzi for a farang and three thai girls.

Hey Capna, thanks for the review. I had a quick tour at the Suite on one of my previous stays at D2 and loved it.

How was the noise level coming from Second Road and the bars just opposite the hotel?

The lack of surfaces (I don't see a coffee table in the living either), no chair on the balcony and no hot water would be a deal-breaker for most. 8K is a great deal.

Hey Capna, thanks for the review. I had a quick tour at the Suite on one of my previous stays at D2 and loved it.

How was the noise level coming from Second Road and the bars just opposite the hotel?

My D'Suite faces second road and there is a beer bar complex across the street that has a live band, and another down the street.  Sometimes there's even a stage set up in Soi 13/2 with music and girls. Long story short: it's loud.  "Mai pen rai" though, I can sleep through a fire alarm, I can sleep through this.

The lack of surfaces (I don't see a coffee table in the living either), no chair on the balcony and no hot water would be a deal-breaker for most. 8K is a great deal.

You are correct, there is no coffee table, but there are end tables.  There is a bar table on the lower level, but you'll have to take your laptop somewhere else to charge it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dusit D2 Barracuda is a great hotel. I have stayed at, and reviewed, the vast majority of hotels that are popular with BMs. Dusit is 5 star and 100% girl friendly. If money were no object I would certainly choose it.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Stayed there great service great room. Low season I paid 6k a night. I now prefer low season as everything is cheaper.

• 1 month later...

I just tried one of the D'Suite rooms facing the pool over last weekend.

1. Good service from the staff at the hotel.

2. Room is an interesting concept.

3. The positives above seem to be right.

Negatives:

1. No safe in the room.  Had to call the front desk to get a safe installed in the room while I waited.  Not sure why it wasn't there already.

2. Air conditioning is not able to keep up (23 degrees) during the daytime, then the room gets too cold at night.  Water from the air conditioner leaked from the vents onto the floor.

3. Shower controls to divert the water from hand sprayer to rain shower broken or nearly broken on both showers

4. No towels in downstairs bathroom

5. Some light switches next to the bed were broken.

6. You can't use the shower closest to the glass shower door without water getting under the door and onto the floor in large quantities

7. No coffee table - no obvious place for more than one person to eat room service

8. Jacuzzi tub unusable because after 20+ minutes of filling (with lukewarm water) it only got 1/8 full.  By the time it would be full the water would have been cold and all of us asleep.

Back to the Marriott next time.

I stayed for a week in September in a  room overlooking the pool.....the service from the staff was outstanding..no problems

in the room ...cost without breakfast 3,400 per night..

I just tried one of the D'Suite rooms facing the pool over last weekend.

1. Good service from the staff at the hotel.

2. Room is an interesting concept.

3. The positives above seem to be right.

Negatives:

1. No safe in the room.  Had to call the front desk to get a safe installed in the room while I waited.  Not sure why it wasn't there already.

2. Air conditioning is not able to keep up (23 degrees) during the daytime, then the room gets too cold at night.  Water from the air conditioner leaked from the vents onto the floor.

3. Shower controls to divert the water from hand sprayer to rain shower broken or nearly broken on both showers

4. No towels in downstairs bathroom

5. Some light switches next to the bed were broken.

6. You can't use the shower closest to the glass shower door without water getting under the door and onto the floor in large quantities

7. No coffee table - no obvious place for more than one person to eat room service

8. Jacuzzi tub unusable because after 20+ minutes of filling (with lukewarm water) it only got 1/8 full.  By the time it would be full the water would have been cold and all of us asleep.

Back to the Marriott next time.

regarding the negatives:

1. My room did have a safe, but it was in a really awkward spot.  I hope yours was more accessible.

2. My room faced west and it wasn't that hot in September, so I d

3. I had that problem too -- the controls required back pressure to keep the rainfall thing open, I only had enough pressure to keep one open at a time, and if I bumped anything they would go nuts, spontaneously switching back and forth making a jackhammer noise.

4. I had to ask for towels, but after I asked they brought towels every day. They really should make that standard.

5. I had that problem too.

6. For me it was small quantities, but the shower closer to the door was only used by guests anyway.  Also I'm quite used to Asian bathrooms so I keep my spray under control.

7. This was a problem.  I was also really irritated by the lack of a desk.

8. The plumbing sucks, but mine wasn't that bad -- I got a good fill in half an hour.  The tub was huge,  I got in with three girls comfortably, that may account for the fill time too.  The water wasn't particularly hot, but it was warm enough for Thai girls.  It's hard enough to get them into a jacuzzi, let alone a jacuzzi at American temperatures.

Anyway for me the room's purpose was to make people say 'wow', and it made people say 'wow'.  I won't stay there again though, at least not in the D'Suite.  The service is excellent, they'll do whatever you ask, but unfortunately you have to be willing to ask for stuff to get it.

• 4 months later...

I also stayed in this hotel, but just in the cheaper standard room opposite the pool.

I was satisfied, here you can see some pictures...

(PS: Great Restaurant/Food inside the Hotel)

IMG_0023.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

I also stayed in this Hotel, but just in the cheaper standard room opposite the pool.

I was satisfied, here you can see some pictures...

(PS: Great Restaurant/Food inside the Hotel)

What time does the pool area lose the sun ? Cheers

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

I asked them by mail and got this reply:

- What are the hours of operations of the pool?[/size]

Operations time of the pool is from 07:00-20:00 hrs.[/size]

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

@Stillearly:

Sorry, I don´t know exactly, when the pool area lose the sun.

I just hang around the pool area for one time in the early midday.

Perhaps the area lose sun at about 2 or 3 pm, I hope somebody else can tell you exactly.

But in general I never did see anyone else at the pool area and there are not many

possibiliies to lay down.

If you are someone who likes to watch the scene or people, this hotel is not the best choice.

In this price class for example the Holiday Inn Pool area is much more better.

I didn't see many people use the pool at all; it's almost as if it were just a decoration.  Nothing wrong with the pool itself (except that I hate swimming in chlorinated water), and if you're white as I am, late-afternoon shade isn't exactly a bad thing.

Dusit D2

• 2 weeks later...

What time does the pool area lose the sun ? Cheers

I read in a review, some place, that the pool loses the sun around 3 pm. I'm booked in here in four weeks time and hope it was a wise choice.

Very nice hotel but not much cupboards or wardrobes in the rooms.

Very designer rooms & can be had for about 2,500 Baht in low season.

• 3 weeks later...

not stayed here but rooms look fantastic,

I also stayed there and for me the big minus was:

=> that after 3PM there's no more sun in the swimming pool area.... So you can't really get tanned if you party late like I do every day...

oh I know what you're thinking... If you're the kind of guy who doesn't mind not getting tanned... Or the kind of guy who likes to have a night bath with his TGF... Well you can forget about it !

=> after 3PM when the sun goes down the Mosquitos (or maybe another kind of insect: anyway it bites !) start to attack... After 16PM even with repellent you cannot really lay quietly without being bitten. Why the Mosquitos ? Probably because of all the vegetables besides the pool... They've got everything they need to strive.

We complained about it and immediately (couple of hours after) a guy came and sprayed the whole plants and trees with chemicals... The day after, we still got bitten.

I stayed there in march 2013, I had made a non refundable reservation... So ok the hotel is really nice and yes girls love it... But it is really too expensive for what it really offers, the food prices are a bit overrated...

No need to say I won't stay there again, you can get much better value for your money in the 4 stars hotels around !

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed here at the weekend and was very happy with everything about the hotel.

The staff were brilliant and loved the funky room.

Dusit D2

Archived