Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

KTK royal residence

cycnus

I'm kind of confused since I see 2 KTK Royal Residences in Pattaya, I was planning to stay in the one near soi 6 mainly because I was hoping it is quiet since it isn't located in a street full of bars as far as I know. But now I read about the construction work... Does this mean quiet nights and noisy mornings/afternoons? I took this screenshot from Google Earth today but who knows how old it is, is it finished yet? That crane still there? Was hoping to stay in September...

There are KTK Regent Suites and KTK Royal Residence (and Grand Suites). It's the same place, just three buildings adjacent to each other.

The Google Earth image you posted is old, that crane and circled area was construction of the @Mind residence which is complete.

The current construction that people are talking about is of the Centric Sea condos, which is going up at what in your image is the wooded area at the bottom left.

Here is a link to my photos of the Centric Sea construction in March, from my KTK Grand Suites room.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stayed there last month for a month in a royal delux room cost was 19000 for the month paid 5000 deposit still had to pay 19000 on arrival at end of stay they took elec out of deposit and returned me about 2000 would stay there again .room was very good and the food was of a good standard and cheap had room service a lot when I did not want to get out of bed with my lt would recommend

Stayed there last month for a month in a royal delux room cost was 19000 for the month paid 5000 deposit still had to pay 19000 on arrival at end of stay they took elec out of deposit and returned me about 2000 would stay there again .room was very good and the food was of a good standard and cheap had room service a lot when I did not want to get out of bed with my lt would recommend

Any construction noise keeping you up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google Earth photos are really old. I confim that the building site that appears ont it was already ended last summer !

But there is at least 2 new major building sites at less than 100 meters from KTK and perhaps 1 at 500 meters (and from Regent that is only few meters further !). As building start 1 year before, I don't think work is over this summer...

Bad news too : what about sea view of KTK ? Compromised by new buildings ? Tell us about (with photos and floor).

The only good news is that perphaps when the buildings will be finished we could go there, with better prices and service. If somebody book in these new buildings, please, tell us about !

That's some usefull info guys, thanx. Basically 22k incl electricity is more then I'd like to spend on accomodation but I have no idea where to stay cheaper without living above or next to a bar and I'd really like it "quiet" at night. If anyone knows a decent cheaper alternative please let me know.

Bad news too : what about sea view of KTK ? Compromised by new buildings ? Tell us about (with photos and floor).

See the link in my post #26 above.  :ThumbUp6:

is it quicker to walk to pattaya klang or Soi 6 from ktk? i understand its on soi ar which goes from pattaya klang to second road by Soi 6

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

>is it quicker to walk to pattaya klang or Soi 6 from ktk? 

I don't remember exactly but I would say same same. Not a great différence. At least 5 mn walk for both.

There are KTK Regent Suites and KTK Royal Residence (and Grand Suites). It's the same place, just three buildings adjacent to each other.

The Google Earth image you posted is old, that crane and circled area was construction of the @Mind residence which is complete.

The current construction that people are talking about is of the Centric Sea condos, which is going up at what in your image is the wooded area at the bottom left.

Here is a link to my photos of the Centric Sea construction in March, from my KTK Grand Suites room.

Stayed at the KTK Royal Residence at xmas and had a great room but the constuction noise was terrible. Moved to the KTK Regent Suites (another building in the same complex) and was great, the Idol nightclub noise at night is annoying but stops at 4am. Its one of my favorite places to stay but if you dont know Pattaya I wouldnt recommend the place as its off the beaten track so I nornally take a motobike taxi to places.

Its about 5mins walk to Soi6 but the free tuctuc will drop you off and about 7mins to Pattaya Klang soi 12 cornor. Normally pay 50bt to Soi LK and 40bt to Drinking Street for a motobike taxi.

great thanks.. i'm staying there next week, was a bit unsure about the location so just booked 4 nights to start with

great thanks.. i'm staying there next week, was a bit unsure about the location so just booked 4 nights to start with

Keep us posted on the noise situation please neo and have a great trip mate

I unbooked a stay at the Nova Gold near your hotel well that way, because of to many negative reviews saying its a pain especially getting home late at night and not near much nightlife If you don't like a longish hike ,

Despite being a decent hotel same as yours Important is the location , , So the four star Nova Gold could be the right hotel and the other Nova hotels near by the right hotels in the wrong location but not 100% sure .

So just now Ive booked the LK Renaissance near the nightlife in the area I want to be for a week , and another week in a humble but well  known on this forum guest house in that same area to see which type of place to stay I will prefer, Will go look at the Nova hotels and maybe the KTK for next time and see if there location is a deal breaker or no like has been reported on someTrip Advisor customer reviews and other sites .. .

so I have been here one day.. there is construction close by.. not enough noise to wake you up.. it's no louder than road noise if your staying on buakaho.. location is fine.. it's about a soi's length away from Soi 6 so a couple of minutes walk.. there was some bashing going on in the hotel today, didn't see what it was but sounded like someone chiseling off tiles. the maids are also a bit noisy during the day when doing there rounds... if your busy and don't want your room cleaned use the do not disturb sign.. today's maid did not give up ringing the bell until I answered.. not really needed mid boom boom

so I have been here one day.. there is construction close by.. not enough noise to wake you up.. it's no louder than road noise if your staying on buakaho.. location is fine.. it's about a soi's length away from soi 6 so a couple of minutes walk.. there was some bashing going on in the hotel today, didn't see what it was but sounded like someone chiseling off tiles. the maids are also a bit noisy during the day when doing there rounds... if your busy and don't want your room cleaned use the do not disturb sign.. today's maid did not give up ringing the bell until I answered.. not really needed mid boom boom

Nice one neo put my mind at ease,what room you staying in mate?

3rd floor.. can't remember what I booked.. was 1400ish a night.. not one if the massive rooms. next one up from standard I think

3rd floor.. can't remember what I booked.. was 1400ish a night.. not one if the massive rooms. next one up from standard I think

Thanks mate enjoy the rest of your trip and take care

• 2 weeks later...

How did u guys all book the hotel, ive sent several emails no replies.

Me: Oh My God!

TG: Not Oh My God! You Ting Tong!

Me: Oh My What then?

TG: Oh My Buddha!

Me: I Bar Fine Your Friend, She Like God.

TG: Ok Ok Ok! Oh My God! 300 Baht Please.....

I use their website to send then a mail. But strangely it can take weeks before they answer (sometimes the same day, randomly). And if I ask questions, frequently, the answer do not answer exactly (or at all) my question (trouble with English ?). Like said in some comments, people working here are not always very professional... So wait for an answer some days more...

• 1 month later...

All the buildings around KTK are finished and well inhabited, absolutely no noise from construction at all.

This week they have some construction of their own in the hotel lobby, hasn't bothered me and finished soon.

All the buildings around KTK are finished and well inhabited, absolutely no noise from construction at all.

This week they have some construction of their own in the hotel lobby, hasn't bothered me and finished soon.

Thank you crypt for that

Be there next week!

Note sais lobby is finished beginning September, have a good one!

You might want to opt for a room on a higher floor right now though, the wings are probably quiet anyway but you don't want the rooms directly above the lobby!

• 1 month later...

Right all...

Just got back from 3 weeks at KTK and I have to say I wasn't impressed...first the wifi didn't work for the 1st 2 weeks and when after 3 days I complained I just got told "fix tommorow" that went on for 2 weeks...

2nd thing ,last time I stayed there ,if you stayed under a month there was no bills and your room got cleaned everyday,now they've reversed it and you pay electric and water,for 24 nights that cost me 3700 baht,there's no meter telling you your consumption so I think they could just pluck any figure out the sky...it doesn't even cost that much in London...and your room only gets cleaned twice a week...they don't even change your towels everyday,which when your a butterfly like me asking that nights BF to dry herself with a towel still smelling of the previous nights girls aroma...well it's not on really is it...

Also,I know it's a minor thing but they don't even give you new toilet paper...when I asked the cleaning lady why she replied " no,you have to buy from family mart"....

The staff were fine the ladies in the laundry were absolutely brilliant and funny but the hotel policy is shit...30,000 baht that cost me and while I really like the rooms I won't be staying there again...

I like the area so next time I'll probably go nova gold...

Internet was dodgy when i was there, can't comment on the electric and water charges as i only stayed a week and mine was all in.

It seems most places that you get a monthly stay deal with do only clean your room once or twice a week

Internet was dodgy when i was there, can't comment on the electric and water charges as i only stayed a week and mine was all in.

It seems most places that you get a monthly stay deal with do only clean your room once or twice a week

But that's the point neo I didn't stay a month...

Last October I stayed the exact same amount of time and there was no utility bills and room cleaned everyday.....I mean at least change the towels everyday for gods sake...

Archived