IGNORED

KTK royal residence

cycnus

News aout KTK Royal residence, not far from Soi 6.
Prices increased by 25% in 2 years. For beter service ?
No:
- Much less space to park Scooters
- Some renovation but still peeling paint in the bathroom, the sink tap opens in 2 directions and closes in the middle (brocken, not made ​​like that, anyway I hope!), 1 sit removed from the room, air conditioning. changed but as it is smaller, it lacks the tapestry around, etc.. And I had to ask that two bulbs are changed as HS (they could check yourself before rebookv!).
- And ESPECIALLY enormous building sites at tens of meters (at least two hotels under construction and they are only in the foundations: minimum 1 year of work in my opinion) + a pack of dogs that often yelling (and especially night, or in the day the noise of construction covers ?). And do not count on carpentry to reduce noise. No double glazing, difficult closing off part of the woodwork that moves when you move the door ...

In short, you will be warned, a little hell. I will not return to better than 2 years. And I wonder if I would choose this hotel. What a pity !. It was three years ago convenient and cheap (despite already work but less invasive).

Des nouvelles du KTK royal residence, pas trop loin de Soi 6.
Tarifs augmentés de 25% en 2 ans. Il monte en gamme ?
Non :
- beaucoup moins de place pour garer les Scooters
- quelques travaux de rénovation mais encore de la peinture qui s'écaille dans la salle de bains, le robinet du lavabo qui s'ouvre dans les 2 sens et se ferme au milieu (en panne, pas fabriqué comme ça, en tout cas je l'espère !), 1 pouf de moins dans la chambre, clim. changée mais comme elle est plus petite, il manque de la tapisserie tout autour, etc. Et j'ai dû demander à ce que 2 ampoules soient changées car HS (ils pourraient vérifier tout seul avant de relouer !).
- et SURTOUT d'énormes travaux à quelques dizaines de mètres (au moins 2 hôtels en construction et ils n'en sont qu'aux fondations : 1 an de travaux minimum selon moi) + une meute de chiens qui gueulent souvent (et surtout la nuit, ou alors c'est que le jour le bruit des engins de chantier les couvrent). Et ne comptez pas sur la menuiserie pour réduire le bruit. Pas de double vitrage, fermeture difficile, cadre de la menuiserie cassé qui bouge quand on bouge la porte...

Bref, vous serez prévenus, un petit enfer. Je ne reviendrai au mieux que dans 2 ans. Et je me demande si je choisirai cet hôtel. Dommage. Il était il y a 3 ans pratique et pas cher (malgré déjà des travaux mais moins invasifs).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've shit the life out me now!

Booked there for October

Mind u just spoke to a girl out there and she said no problem there

What room did u stay in mate?

I booked (with option for cancellation if needed) also for Oct in that place as it came highly recommended by a friend and I am wondering now if I have done the right thing. I was already having some reservations because of its position (a bit out of the way) and the above message from the OP does not put my mind to rest!!!

I booked (with option for cancellation if needed) also for Oct in that place as it came highly recommended by a friend and I am wondering now if I have done the right thing. I was already having some reservations because of its position (a bit out of the way) and the above message from the OP does not put my mind to rest!!!

I wouldn't worry too much

If you look at what OP says barking dogs,not enough parking that's all minor issues but the building work worries me a bit...

My mate who I'm travelling with says fuck it keep the booking,

I will e mail them about it ,but I doubt they'll tell the truth

Like I said a girl who lives round that way told me no noise so who knows..

Stay strong paparas and ill post here when I know more

just stayed there last month and was very happy there...

nice rooms and i only had a standaart room no noise problems and although its busy i had no problem parking my motorbike there for every single day of my 18 day holiday!!!

the only downside i can think of was that both pools are small and cold as hell so noone ever goes in.. they are in the shades and not heated but other then that i would recommend this hotel..

cheers

KTK Residences

No offence to the opening post I honestly don't know where he was staying I'm just back from staying in the KTK  1 month from June 1st to 1st of July  There was no construction work whatsoever air conditioning was great room was nice and big  paid 22k  ( Royal executive studio) Only thing is it's a bit far away from Walking Street but just get buggy  then baht bus or get scooter 60 baht.it's  just 5 to 10 min walk to Soi 6. The pools are a bit small and cold but after being in for a few mins it's ok  Reception staff were very helpful to me  

If you look at what OP says barking dogs,not enough parking that's all minor issues but the building work worries me a bit...

Honestly m8 I don't know what OP is going on about no construction noise going on there  I don't like saying things like this but maybe the guy is associated with another hotel I can't even begin to think were they could construct  a shop never mind 2 hotels near by 

The only noise you will get is when cleaners are cleaning near bye rooms sometimes they communicate with walkie talkies atleast that was my experience  just last month 

Honestly m8 I don't know what OP is going on about no construction noise going on there I don't like saying things like this but maybe the guy is associated with another hotel I can't even begin to think were they could construct a shop never mind 2 hotels near by

Thanks a lot mucker

Like you said mate,the OP hasn't responded so maybe a disgruntled customer?

Or maybe just a wanker?

Thanks for the heads up Game,put my mind at ease...

Like I said,girl I know who lives around there just sounded confused when I asked her if there's building work going on

Thanks again mate

Well from all the comments above it certainly looks like a good choice (I made the booking for one week and now considering if I should stay in the same place or book another place just to get an idea for another place also). The pool thing is not a big issue for me (after all its going to be  a bit more refreshing I guess unlike here where its like taking a hot bath!!!) so no issues there, the construction bit worries me as that was the reason I passed on Areca. One more question to the guys stayed there before, do you think that it will be possible to avoid renting a scooter and use the buggy / baht bus or shall I go ahead and get a scooter for my stay?

@dirtyslag

I had also info from a girl (I hope its not the same girl :laugh:)  that the place its nice (actually she favored this in comparison with April suites) hence my booking...

Well from all the comments above it certainly looks like a good choice (I made the booking for one week and now considering if I should stay in the same place or book another place just to get an idea for another place also). The pool thing is not a big issue for me (after all its going to be a bit more refreshing I guess unlike here where its like taking a hot bath!!!) so no issues there, the construction bit worries me as that was the reason I passed on Areca. One more question to the guys stayed there before, do you think that it will be possible to avoid renting a scooter and use the buggy / baht bus or shall I go ahead and get a scooter for my stay?

@dirtyslag

I had also info from a girl (I hope its not the same girl :laugh:) that the place its nice (actually she favored this in comparison with April suites) hence my booking...

Don't worry about it big man!

Ill meet you for a beer !

My woman said to me "u stay KTK? That nice place

"I live with you everyday ok!"

Well from all the comments above it certainly looks like a good choice (I made the booking for one week and now considering if I should stay in the same place or book another place just to get an idea for another place also). The pool thing is not a big issue for me (after all its going to be  a bit more refreshing I guess unlike here where its like taking a hot bath!!!) so no issues there, the construction bit worries me as that was the reason I passed on Areca. One more question to the guys stayed there before, do you think that it will be possible to avoid renting a scooter and use the buggy / baht bus or shall I go ahead and get a scooter for my stay?

@dirtyslag

I had also info from a girl (I hope its not the same girl :laugh:)  that the place its nice (actually she favored this in comparison with April suites) hence my booking...

I didn't rent a scooter you don't need to just depends were your going if going to Soi 6 you can get the buggy or walk 5-10 mins.

if going to Walking Street just get buggy to Soi6 then get baht bus to Walking Street. I only used a scooter taxi  ( you can get outside ktk)  when i was heading to LK Metro or soi diana 50 baht  trust me it is a good hotel i like the fact it is a little out the way every girl i brought back didn't want to leave. When I put on FB i was staying at the KTK all the girls commented on it being a good hotel.

Don't worry about it big man!

Ill meet you for a beer !

My woman said to me "u stay KTK? That nice place

"I live with you everyday ok!"

A :beer9: is on the cards then, I will send a msg in the forum with my thai number (assuming it will still be working) once I am there.

If its thats nice as they say... then it will be difficult to get the girls out I guess... (you already have that sorted!!!)

• 9 months later...

Since this thread started I stayed in royal exec and had a great time!

Rlin I've booked again for September but there was no royal exec so went for the grand studio like yourself..

Looks good from your pics but can I ask what the balcony is like in the grand studio?

Royal exec balcony was massive and I enjoyed sitting outside sipping a whisky smoking a fag..

Cheers for the heads up mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good from your pics but can I ask what the balcony is like in the grand studio?

Royal exec balcony was massive and I enjoyed sitting outside sipping a whisky smoking a fag..

I forgot to take a photo of the balcony. The balcony is not massive. But you got room for two people, whisky and cigarettes. There is a small table and two chairs on the balcony.

Enjoy your holiday in September!

I forgot to take a photo of the balcony. The balcony is not massive. But you got room for two people, whisky and cigarettes. There is a small table and two chairs on the balcony.

Enjoy your holiday in September!

Thanks mate

I enjoyed my stay in KTK Royal residence this april / may. I got the grand studio room. I took some photographs of the room.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140427_141012.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140427_141135.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140427_141056.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140427_141106.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20140427_114818.jpg

did you note any construction noise going on when you were there mate. thinking about booking the same room for july

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Well, I am very surprised quite everybody tell there was no noise last summer (this year, I don't know, I have to stay at home). Between 15 of July to 15 of August the noise was terrible, especially in the building that is the nearest from the sea (Grand studio building I think). And it is very easy to get a prooth : this year there are 2 new buildinds behind (between KTK and the sea). And the building that was near the French massage (near the men that sell bottles of fuel for motorbike too) has disapeared to be something else (when I was here last summer they were destroying the old building). So It is easy to verify if the buildings changed here in 1 year... I don't like I look like a liar...

As an example last year I had this

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fresource.sanygroup.com%2Fimages%2F1249024700830.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sanygroup.com%2Fproducts%2Ffr-fr%2Fpile_driving%2FSFY758.htm&h=455&w=400&tbnid=6_NR-vJOQsYLgM%3A&zoom=1&docid=ivfIs9WlRTPT0M&ei=fyJ3U-7INYjBO7CygOgP&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=509&page=2&start=33&ndsp=35&ved=0CP0BEK0DMDU

and this

http://www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.directindustry.fr%2Fimages_di%2Fphoto-g%2Fenfonce-pieux-hydrauliques-86375-5416487.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.directindustry.fr%2Fprod%2Fmovax-oy-ltd%2Fenfonce-pieux-hydrauliques-86375-1285049.html&h=210&w=540&tbnid=d3PMc4rVqMWYEM%3A&zoom=1&docid=X2e4r6mh8Ry-dM&ei=fyJ3U-7INYjBO7CygOgP&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=207&page=1&start=0&ndsp=33&ved=0CL4BEK0DMCA

at about 100 meters of my room. Don't tell me these gigantic hammers are quiet !!!

I am surprided too that the pictures published here show like nobody lives in the room... And a lot of "commercial recommendations" from this writter in other posts. 

My question is : are these new buldings finished this summer ? What about the dogs in the Grand studio building (noise : building during day, dogs during night !) ? Have the prices rised again ? 

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293919-d1733988-Reviews-KTK_Royal_Residence-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#REVIEWS

We can't say most people are really satisfied. And I forgot that in 2012 they charged me A LOT for electricity, like in the second review (he says quite 700 baths for 4 days !!!). Strangely I told them that in 2013 I will not accept that and in 2013 I paid 5 times less ! I also think they can be quite rude too. Don't believe 1 "commercial" post here. Believe tens of posts everywhere. At 15 000 baths a month for a beautifull roomn, we can accept few troubles. At 25 000, we can't. They have not understood that.

Second post says, 1 week ago :

>I was awoken by heavy construction noise at 7 a.m,

So I conclude that buildings are not ended...

• 1 month later...

ktk.jpg

I'm kind of confused since I see 2 KTK Royal Residences in Pattaya, I was planning to stay in the one near Soi 6 mainly because I was hoping it is quiet since it isn't located in a street full of bars as far as I know. But now I read about the construction work... Does this mean quiet nights and noisy mornings/afternoons? I took this screenshot from Google Earth today but who knows how old it is, is it finished yet? That crane still there? Was hoping to stay in September...

If anyone knows a quiet alternative for 19k a month... That's the absolute maximum I'm willing to pay for a cozy quiet room though.

ktk.jpg

I'm kind of confused since I see 2 KTK Royal Residences in Pattaya, I was planning to stay in the one near soi 6 mainly because I was hoping it is quiet since it isn't located in a street full of bars as far as I know. But now I read about the construction work... Does this mean quiet nights and noisy mornings/afternoons? I took this screenshot from Google Earth today but who knows how old it is, is it finished yet? That crane still there? Was hoping to stay in September...

If anyone knows a quiet alternative for 19k a month... That's the absolute maximum I'm willing to pay for a cozy quiet room though.

Crypt ,differing reports

There's the royal residence and the regent,

I'm booked in for aug 30 a girl who lives round there said she can't hear any noise, but then again who knows....

Did you stay there before? What did you pay for electricity and water at the end of the month? In a regular thai appartment that would be max 3000thb a month but I fear the hotel charges a bit more?

Did you stay there before? What did you pay for electricity and water at the end of the month? In a regular thai appartment that would be max 3000thb a month but I fear the hotel charges a bit more?

I stayed there last October,royal executive room, had a great time!

I didn't pay for the electricity because I only stayed for 3 weeks (only stays over a month get charged bills I think)

Archived